#39 - 21/04/12 - Saints 0-2 Dundee Utd - SPL

bigstu

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ormond Stand SHOULD be a family stand for both sets of supporters with kids regardless of the fact some have vouchers. Worked very well last time we were in the SPL and footie violence was more prevelant then. We should not be discouraging fans to turn up unless it brings the problems of the OF scum.

Would be great to see a 7,000+ crowd at this game but unfortunately can't see it. I suspect it will be somehwere in the region of 6,000 which isn't great but considering most games at Saints are 3.5k its not to be sniffed at.

Would love to see the Perth public get behind the team and would love to see this family day advertised right throughout the city!

Anyone know if its possible to take a kid in on an Adult season ticket?

Looking forward to this game. We seem to have been lucky with other results going in our favour this season, but there is nowhere to hide this time, as mentioned above.

The midfield is a concern, but we have the best cover in these areas. If Murray is fit then I am reasonably happy, but if he doesn't make it we could be in trouble. I really think people underestimate how much we will miss Morris, but equally, if Riordan gets the nod on the left, then we can potentially replace Morris' calm control of the midfield with one of the most potent attacks ever to grace the McDiarmid pitch. Personally I'd stick Haber on for Sheridan, but I'm probably in the minority there.

I'd like to see

Mannus

MacKay Ando Wright Davidson

Millar Moon Davidson Riordan

Sandaza Haber

Would be great to see a 7,000+ crowd at this game but unfortunately can't see it. I suspect it will be somehwere in the region of 6,000 which isn't great but considering most games at Saints are 3.5k its not to be sniffed at.

Would love to see the Perth public get behind the team and would love to see this family day advertised right throughout the city!

Anyone know if its possible to take a kid in on an Adult season ticket?

Why not sell the adult ticket for the price of a child entry. Am sure someone would like a discount.

I can't believe its only all ticket in the united end. Cash gates for saints.

Never be able to police that 100%

I was surprised about that as well. I guess it stops the situation where all tickets sales are stopped if one end is full....something that could potentially limit the home crowd if Utd sold out....would that happen though??

On the other hand, it's not such a problem with Utd as it would be with the OF......both sets of fans are reasonably civilised

Mannus

MacKay Ando Wright Davidson

Millar Moon Davidson Riordan

Sandaza Haber

My fear is that Dundee Utd are excellent down the flanks. If you want to beat Utd you have to stop the wingers getting balls into Daly and you have to avoid giving away cheap corners (Gavin Gunning is one of the best in the SPL at attacking corners). If we had Davidson and Riordan on the left I think we'd be too weak and too slow defensively. Liam Craig is an enormous miss. I expect he may bring Maybury into the midfield somewhere (even left midfield) and sacrifice some of our attacking ability. We're more likely to win the game if its a low scoring tight affair than an open attacking game.

My fear is that Dundee Utd are excellent down the flanks. If you want to beat Utd you have to stop the wingers getting balls into Daly and you have to avoid giving away cheap corners (Gavin Gunning is one of the best in the SPL at attacking corners). If we had Davidson and Riordan on the left I think we'd be too weak and too slow defensively. Liam Craig is an enormous miss. I expect he may bring Maybury into the midfield somewhere (even left midfield) and sacrifice some of our attacking ability. We're more likely to win the game if its a low scoring tight affair than an open attacking game.

As I posted earlier in the thread Broon, I think differently. I reckon we should curtail their attacks down the flanks by making them defend. If we try and soak up that threat, and in doing so nulify our attacking options, I fear we will go down by a solitary goal.

I can't see any reason why we couldn't win in a shoot-out, especially if Riordan is there to support Fran / Cillian / Haber (whoever plays) in getting goals. I could see us win this 3-2 or suchlike if we take that approach.

I would rather we lost 3-2 by being attack minded than lose 1-0 after eventually conceding following a rear-guard display

I would rather we lost 3-2 by being attack minded than lose 1-0 after eventually conceding following a rear-guard display

Couldn't agree more Edstar. We have made the top 6, against all the odds. I'd really love to see the team enjoying playing football for 5 games, give it everything, and see where it gets us. Nothing to be gained from anti-football now. Whilst the difference may be marginal, we could have some of our highest attendences for the remaining 2 home games - we aren't going to convince these fans to come back by losing 1-0 in a negative game.

I was surprised about that as well. I guess it stops the situation where all tickets sales are stopped if one end is full....something that could potentially limit the home crowd if Utd sold out....would that happen though??

On the other hand, it's not such a problem with Utd as it would be with the OF......both sets of fans are reasonably civilised

Sadly I question that. There have been numerous incidents over the past few years between fans. Last season the trouble in the town centre and remember the game in the first division where it all kicked off in the East stand when Utd fans were spotted. Pretty nasty from what I remember. Made the front pages.

Most games at Perth v Utd, tend to be tense affairs; a week on Saturday will be no different. The ingredients are all there for a powder keg on the park. I think segregation on such an occasion is a well calculated and wise move.

Sadly I question that. There have been numerous incidents over the past few years between fans. Last season the trouble in the town centre and remember the game in the first division where it all kicked off in the East stand when Utd fans were spotted. Pretty nasty from what I remember. Made the front pages.

Most games at Perth v Utd, tend to be tense affairs; a week on Saturday will be no different. The ingredients are all there for a powder keg on the park. I think segregation on such an occasion is a well calculated and wise move.

Don't think I heard about the trouble last season! Cancel what I said....feckin Arab idiots :wink:

I'm surprised to read these comments Havana...I've always found the atmosphere colourful and friendly in the main. Those who fight at such occasions, well, they will always fight, that's why they go, it does not effect anyone who walks by. I do remember a few inccidents in the town a couple of seasons ago, and had a pint with some of those involved later in the evening (Saints 'fans') and it was indeed the usual suspects, who always manage to find their opposite number from the other team!

That's not to say there are not clowns who cannae drink on both sides, but the nasty atmosphere that pollutes when Aberdeen, OF or Dundee are around is largely absent from this fixture.

I remember the game v utd in 1996 when Saints, Utd, Dunfermline and Morton were all vying for promotion. It was a full house and stupidly wasn't all-ticket. We were moved into a section with the Dundee Utd fans because we couldn't get seats and it kicked off big time in there. I remember being held back after the game by the police.

I doubt anything like that will happen this time but that's purely because 11,000 fans won't be turning up for the game.

shoite.they are still unwashed coagies.i remember the battling in the east stand when the idiot polis let the cants in .and the pitch invasion.

I remember the game v utd in 1996 when Saints, Utd, Dunfermline and Morton were all vying for promotion. It was a full house and stupidly wasn't all-ticket. We were moved into a section with the Dundee Utd fans because we couldn't get seats and it kicked off big time in there. I remember being held back after the game by the police.

I doubt anything like that will happen this time but that's purely because 11,000 fans won't be turning up for the game.

was it really 1996? my mates maw went mental at him when she seen his pus in the courier fighting the coagees.i got a braw view from the west stand .and uncle geoffrey was probably too busy drinking wine and scoffing his gub in the hospitality lounges to see this as there were nae bans like inverness.

of course nothing happened in inverness so he bans 22 but when it kicks off well ye get ma drift.