What's everyone doing right now?

mogs1968

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Wife thinks Im losing it, I have watched a lot of good comedy shows over the years. But there is a commercial comes on a US station we get on satellite my mirth is caused by some words in UK have a different meaning over here. So this commercial is for a retirement development so they are highlighting the lovely suites the beautiful views the great options. So I don't know if the word that send me into uncontrollable mirth is an acronym for the group that owns it but picture this an elderly lady or gentleman come on and say the line !! You have to move here and enjoy the SHAG lifestyle!!:shock::rolleyes::D

Edited by john.w

On 8/26/2022 at 1:29 PM, john.w said:

Wife thinks Im losing it, I have watched a lot of good comedy shows over the years. But there is a commercial comes on a US station we get on satellite my mirth is caused by some words in UK have a different meaning over here. So this commercial is for a retirement development so they are highlighting the lovely suites the beautiful views the great options. So I don't know if the word that send me into uncontrollable mirth is an acronym for the group that owns it but picture this an elderly lady or gentleman come on and say the line !! You have to move here and enjoy the SHAG lifestyle!!:shock::rolleyes::D

Trust you auld anes tae lower the tone.

Was out yesterday afternoon when we came back in the wife turned on the tv, I was in the kitchen and I thought I heard a Scottish voice so I went through it was Linda from Murray’s the bakers. It was a tv program called Flour Power where staff from businesses bake stuff in competition with each other. On this program it was the staff from a hairdresser in St John St next to Tower Bakery, so I posted about it on APB so all day folk have been commenting what times it on what channel is it on. One person said is it a secret, I had put in my post I lived in Canada:DThen the thread developed into an argument who owned Murray’s now and we’re the pies better before or still the same, it wis hilarious  :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, john.w said:

Was out yesterday afternoon when we came back in the wife turned on the tv, I was in the kitchen and I thought I heard a Scottish voice so I went through it was Linda from Murray’s the bakers. It was a tv program called Flour Power where staff from businesses bake stuff in competition with each other. On this program it was the staff from a hairdresser in St John St next to Tower Bakery, so I posted about it on APB so all day folk have been commenting what times it on what channel is it on. One person said is it a secret, I had put in my post I lived in Canada:DThen the thread developed into an argument who owned Murray’s now and we’re the pies better before or still the same, it wis hilarious  :rolleyes:

Your worse than Hoodlum fir stirring it :laugh:

It’s with a heavy heart I got some bad news today today my good friend Shiner passed away today. He will be remembered for his ready smile, infectious laugh and his willingness to help anybody who needs it. RIP Alex:sad:

Edited by john.w

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...