Sandaza

erchie

The incident speaks for itself. What a thoroughly stupid thing to do. Initially I thought the same as many others... he's not in a good place in his head this week but then I read he already had TEN points on his licence as a result of three separate speeding offences over the last two years. I'd suggest that Fran simply has no regard for the law. Much like he had very little regard for his team mates last Saturday.

Incidentally, £4000 a month? Since when did we start handing that out to players?!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This incident, hot on the heels of last Saturday's behaviour, should be the end of Fran's St Johnstone career in that he should not be offered a new contract. Legally speaking I doubt there are grounds to sack him, particularly given that we have had a similar situation in the past (Marc McCulloch) and not taken that action.

Drink driving is utterly deplorable and he is very lucky that this wasn't more serious i.e. that he did not hurt anyone. If you are driving, don't drink at all, it's as simple as that, why take the risk with so many people being ignorant of limits and what will take you over.

Clearly the man has got issues, his recent behaviour has shown that, and I do hope he gets the help he needs.

PS: People saying that this happened last week before the Utd game are incorrect, he was arrested in the early hours of yesterday morning and appeared in court today having spent a night in the cells.

All come to a head and the end of his contract at Saints will be mutually beneficial. Thanks for the early memories Fran. There is no way he will be putting on the sacred shirt again.

yes fran has been silly drink driving,but everyone makes mistakes,lets put it in perspective,nobody was injured or killed,the court has seen fit to dish out what they think is a suitable punishment,if the ball was on the other foot and you were in his position would you want to be sacked,obviously no.

the guy isnt doing too well just now and hopefully the club will give him the support and help he needs,lets not forget would we be where we are this season without him prob not.

so instead of disowning the guy we should get behind and show our support in his time of need.

im sure plenty will disagree with me,but this is my personal view on the subject

He was definitely out in town last night anyway.

Gavin Swankie was dropped and never seen again after his drink driving spat, I wonder if this was 6 months ago what would happen.

Was it only after he left Saints that the course actually went to court? Could not remember how it all happened but Saints kept it very very quiet.

yes fran has been silly drink driving,but everyone makes mistakes,lets put it in perspective,nobody was injured or killed,the court has seen fit to dish out what they think is a suitable punishment,if the ball was on the other foot and you were in his position would you want to be sacked,obviously no.

the guy isnt doing too well just now and hopefully the club will give him the support and help he needs,lets not forget would we be where we are this season without him prob not.

so instead of disowning the guy we should get behind and show our support in his time of need.

im sure plenty will disagree with me,but this is my personal view on the subject

I agree totally - though if he does it again different story.

It's not been Fran's month.

Why anyone would suggest sacking him is beyond me. Unless he's actually employed as the team bus driver?

A traffic officer once told me that 2 pints of dishwater lager will generally be the limit for a fully grown adult male but 2 pints of Stella would be more than iffy for some.

I am concerned that the impact Fran's recent 'incidents' may have. We are looking to hopefully retain several players at McD who are currently on loan / out of contract. My concern is that the recent sending off (and the aftermath) and now the drink driving are creating a negative feel around the club. Will that potentially impact on the decision that certain players (other than Fran) make when considering their future?

You really are a drama queen!

You really are a drama queen!

Sorry Ryan, I don't agree. Part of my job is to understand the impact on people of organisational change, or a change in the fortunes of or the atmosphere around an organisation, often resulting from a single incident.

These impacts are ignored by bosses at their peril.

Perhaps you see things too much in black and white

Sorry Ryan, I don't agree. Part of my job is to understand the impact on people of organisational change, or a change in the fortunes of or the atmosphere around an organisation, often resulting from a single incident.

Certainly not. My favourite colour is grey!

I just don't see football players getting overly concerned over a colleagues silly misdemeanours. I'd expect the incident last week would have been sorted out in adult like manner and been forgotten already. Sport can't really be compared to work, people do uncharacteristic things because of adrenaline.

If you over analyse everything you'd never leave the house for the fear of what might happen.

Certainly not. My favourite colour is grey!

I just don't see football players getting overly concerned over a colleagues silly misdemeanours. I'd expect the incident last week would have been sorted out in adult like manner and been forgotten already. Sport can't really be compared to work, people do uncharacteristic things because of adrenaline.

If you over analyse everything you'd never leave the house for the fear of what might happen.

I don't!! :cool:

Not much of a pay for a top flight footballer to be honest,the likes of Jason Scotland etc were reputedly on around £1400 p/w when we were in the 1st.

True chips but i think it was around £4000 per month that would be his basic pay if he turned out shite and sat in the stand for his year cotract, he will no doubt get apperance money for the first team,win bonus and mabey a huge bonus if he scored 20+ goals this season (he probably blew that though) so i would imagine he could be on double this figure,

Yes and half the problems caused in large organisations are form people who come in and start analysing what if this what if that.

He has been caught drunk driving, very strange that the guy was stopped and spoke to the police and they didn't suspect he was drunk at that point. He is not the first and won't be the last.

True chips but i think it was around £4000 per month that would be his basic pay if he turned out shite and sat in the stand for his year cotract, he will no doubt get apperance money for the first team,win bonus and mabey a huge bonus if he scored 20+ goals this season (he probably blew that though) so i would imagine he could be on double this figure,

Not sure if we still do it but the bonus used to depend on where we were in the league. Did hear from someone that the young kids were on £100 appearance with the first team and £400 win bonus, and taht is for just being on the squad.

Not sure if we still do it but the bonus used to depend on where we were in the league. Did hear from someone that the young kids were on £100 appearance with the first team and £400 win bonus, and taht is for just being on the squad.

I think the bonus for a win is nearly double their weekly wage. It certainly was in the first season back in the SPL.