#41 - 03/05/12 - Celtic 1-0 Saints - SPL

bigstu

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am now wanting to go to this one. Does anyone know if there are any tickets left? :wink:

I would guess,plenty.

Now someone on here nominated D Robertson as a hide-and-seek champion,and with your seat being behind a pillar what fun you could have if the game is pish. :D

Think we should give Enks a shot in goal. Probably a better keeper than Mannus.

Seriously? I was perhaps the biggest doubter when Enks was dropped, but Mannus has been excellent. For letting 5 in on Saturday, he didn't have much chance with any of them, and he made at least two brilliant saves. With an absent midfield and central defence, it's a hard task as a goalkeeper.

Also, why would you drop they guy who has signed to stay next season in favour of the guy who is more than likely about to leave?

Are you guys being sarcastic or just crazy?

Mannus should not be dropped.

I don't think he should be dropped either but I don't think he's looked particulary great since he's came in. It takes keepers ages to settle in though so its far too early to tell. The early concerns are his handling (which so far has been awful) and agility (he looks a bit on the big side). He's a strong kicker though and seems confident enough at the odd corner he comes for. So far he's not looked as good as Enckleman but then again not many keepers in the SPL are as good as Encks. Time will tell but Mannus needs more time.

BTW, all the last 3 games are on Alba.

Sun 6 May 5.30pm v Hearts.

Sun 13 May 3pm (?) v Rangers.

Personaly I think we should treat the Hearts game as a Cup Final and this game just as a Cup game which we could do well in if they're still jaked and low key after winning the league. We've won there this season.

I don't think he should be dropped either but I don't think he's looked particulary great since he's came in. It takes keepers ages to settle in though so its far too early to tell. The early concerns are his handling (which so far has been awful) and agility (he looks a bit on the big side). He's a strong kicker though and seems confident enough at the odd corner he comes for. So far he's not looked as good as Enckleman but then again not many keepers in the SPL are as good as Encks. Time will tell but Mannus needs more time.

I would agree with that, hasn't looked as solid as people have made out but is still a million times better than Smith ever was. Still can't believe McInnes dropped Main for that goon :mad:

I wouldn't make any decisions on the team until we know the outcome of tonight's match between Hearts and Motherwell. If Hearts lose then we absolutely need our best possible team for the trip to Tynecastle, and I wouldn't be risking anyone with a niggle at Parkhead.

If Hearts get any kind of result tonight then we need to try and match that in Glasgow so might have to go all out!

Really tough for Lomas. Hope we've got some of the injured players back...

Can someone tell me what's the situation with Murray Davidson's suspension? I thought it kicked in next game (ie Celtic), but someone said he was missing the Rangers game.

Just hope he's available for Sunday.

I think a suspension due to bookings kicks in 14 days after the match in which the player gets their 6th booking.

Next match if it is a sending off.

We responded well after the Dundee Utd thumping. Hopefully we'll do the same tomorrow.

I never thought in one of our most successful seasons in recent years I'd sit through two 5-1 defeats though, its a little disappointing especially for a team with as many clean sheets as us.