#43 - 13/05/12 - Saints 0-4 Rangers - SPL

As far as the team goes I'd start with:

Mannus

Mackay, Anderson, Wright, Davidson

Millar, Moon, Adams, Morris, Craig

Sandaza

Posted the same team elsewhere, although questioned whether Wright would be available? Thought 4-5-1 worked well at Ibrox when we played them and also at Celtic Park last week, in what has been our only decent performance since the split. Liked the way Morris was able to push forward a bit more through there. Would go with Maybury, Sheridan and hopefully Compton on the bench.

Still think our best goalkeeper is on the bench but Lomas has made the call and needs to stick with it.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the team goes I'd start with:

Mannus

Mackay, Anderson, Wright, Davidson.

Millar, Moon, Adams, Morris, Craig.

Sandaza.

I wish Croft could somehow find himself fit enough for Sunday as I'd start him on the right in a heartbeat. We've been sorely lacking in any creativity without him and Fran...

if we played with compton n croft or other attacking mf's id go with a 5 man mf but our mf never gets upto support the lone striker. plus in a must win game i feel we have to go 2up front and go for it. we have nothing to fear from this rangers team

With that midfield, I would push Adams further forward through the middle to win high balls for Fran and rumble them up a bit

Guest Harry Curran's Love child
I am not saying we should fear this Rangers team. But as can be seen from my lazy cut and paste, they have lost one in seven recently, won five and scored sixteen goals in to the bargain.

31 25-Mar-12 H Celtic W 3-2 (1-0) Aluko 11; Little 72; Wallace 77 50,191

32 31-Mar-12 A Motherwell W 2-1 (1-1) Whittaker 9; McCulloch 89 9,063

33 07-Apr-12 H St Mirren W 3-1 (2-0) McCulloch 1; Little 40; Lafferty 60p 46,998

34 21-Apr-12 A Heart of Midlothian W 3-0 (2-0) Aluko 29; Little 35, 88 14,842

35 29-Apr-12 A Celtic L 0-3 (0-2) 58,546

36 02-May-12 H Dundee United W 5-0 (3-0) Whittaker 6; Aluko 17, 20; Ness 57; Bedoya 84 43,383

37 05-May-12 H Motherwell D 0-0 (0-0) 45,962

Tough to say what frame of mind their players will be in after them edging closer to oblivion. Would some of them maybe be of the mind that they won't be going into it fully commited and risk injury and move away if they have that decided already? Guess the same could be said for a lot of our players too I suppose.

Boring 0-0 draw for me :wink:

Posted the same team elsewhere, although questioned whether Wright would be available? Thought 4-5-1 worked well at Ibrox when we played them and also at Celtic Park last week, in what has been our only decent performance since the split. Liked the way Morris was able to push forward a bit more through there. Would go with Maybury, Sheridan and hopefully Compton on the bench.

Still think our best goalkeeper is on the bench but Lomas has made the call and needs to stick with it.

Agree with all of that. The 4-5-1 did work well at Ibrox and I'd imagine Lomas will go with it once again. With hopefully Sheridan and Compton on the bench you have the flexibility to alter things as the game progresses.

Note that the three Sunday fixtures kick-off at the same time.(1230)

I believe that the Celtic v Hearts game is being shown live on Sky TV.

Thought the reason for games being moved to lunchtime were for TV.

How come then that our game is not being played at 1500?:roll::roll:

They all need to be played at the same time so for example neither ourselves or Hearts has an advantage.

They all need to be played at the same time so for example neither ourselves or Hearts has an advantage.

Yea, but games being televised while other matches are being played???????

Are the SPL tv games only affected if Euro games are being played at the same time?

Hope I've made my point clearer.

Cause its super sunday down south. Top and bottom to be decided. Were bumped to an early kick off

This is the last time we need to endure the curious mix of the overly aggressive and the monumentally thick, and also our last chance to laugh at the cheats, before they disappear for ever!

To any looking in, Bye bye Hvns! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Its almost over............:laugh::laugh:

Edited by Smarmy Arab

This is the last time we need to endure the curious mix of the overly aggressive and the monumentally thick, and also our last chance to laugh at the cheats, before they disappear for ever!

To any looking in, Bye bye Hvns! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Its almost over............:laugh::laugh:

I really really hope you are right. The world will be a much better place without them.

So haven't read the Fred, but I'm getting the Beloved, who has NEVER been to a footy match, around to the idea that we should go to this game.

Historic - most importantly, we could get into Europe. Far less importantly, Rangers last game.

HA HA HA HA

Sorry. Ahem.

Can one turn up for this and get in? How?

Thanks.

So haven't read the Fred, but I'm getting the Beloved, who has NEVER been to a footy match, around to the idea that we should go to this game.

Historic - most importantly, we could get into Europe. Far less importantly, Rangers last game.

HA HA HA HA

Sorry. Ahem.

Can one turn up for this and get in? How?

Thanks.

All ticket

HA HA HA HA

Sorry. Ahem.

Can one turn up for this and get in? Ho

Thanks.

buy a ticket