European adventure

Kilgour

I have promised myself I will go if at all feasible. Wife not going and being Billy no-mates I could be on my own. I know how expensive it is doing the single thing so when we find out where and when and if anyone else is like minded let me know.Our daughter is a travel agent so that might help with awkward places that dont leap out of the net.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have promised myself I will go if at all feasible. Wife not going and being Billy no-mates I could be on my own. I know how expensive it is doing the single thing so when we find out where and when and if anyone else is like minded let me know.Our daughter is a travel agent so that might help with awkward places that dont leap out of the net.

Good shout Kilgour, We should really start thinking of how we are going to work this. If we can get decent numbers then maybe we can look into some sort of deal. This of course is all pending on where we will be heading which we won't know until the 25th of June.

Ps....

The much talked about yet non-existent Edinburgh Saints flag is a must for this one.

Good shout Kilgour, We should really start thinking of how we are going to work this. If we can get decent numbers then maybe we can look into some sort of deal. This of course is all pending on where we will be heading which we won't know until the 25th of June.

Ps....

The much talked about yet non-existent Edinburgh Saints flag is a must for this one.

The draw is made on the 25th of June but all we will know is that it's one of two teams. We won't know for sure until the 1st round is complete which is the 12th of July. That gives us only 1 week if our away leg is the 19th of July, all going to be a bit last minute :sad:

The draw is made on the 25th of June but all we will know is that it's one of two teams. We won't know for sure until the 1st round is complete which is the 12th of July. That gives us only 1 week if our away leg is the 19th of July, all going to be a bit last minute :sad:

Eeshh, that is gonna be tight. Ach well, will hopefully be going none the less.

• 2 weeks later...

Considering ordering the flag shortly so would be good to get a general opinion on who is willing to chip in and what the wording should be etc....

I was obviously thinking along the lines of keeping it simple.

Blue Saltire with either SJFC or St Johnstone FC in the top triangle.

and

Edinburgh Saints or Edinburgh Saints SC in the bottom triangle.

Obviously size of the flag and amount of lettering contributes to the cost.

I will chip in Dougie. Agree with 'St Johnstone FC' in top triangle and 'Edinburgh Saints' in the bottom one (no SC)

I've also added 1884 in larger font, 18 on left triangle and 84 on right triangle.

This is at a cost of £184.30 for a 15ft x 8ft flag, aka HUGE! Pretty reasonable if you ask me.

I'm looking to start the process of getting this ordered next week so I can gauge who is chiping in and what the costs per head will be.

Edited by SaintDougie

Would £10 per son be a starting point. Once number sare confirmed, it can be lowered...

Or £10 per person. Any left over monies are then spent on a second smaller flag?

Free Derek Riordan??

Or

George O'Boyle Appreciation Society?

Livingston South St Johns' Toun Supporters Club

Would £10 per son be a starting point. Once number sare confirmed, it can be lowered...

Or £10 per person. Any left over monies are then spent on a second smaller flag?

Free Derek Riordan??

Or

George O'Boyle Appreciation Society?

Livingston South St Johns' Toun Supporters Club

Like your thinking, though any monies left over will be put towards the baggage fee's outbound and return as the flag is unlikely to fit in anyone's hand luggage.

Okay Gentlemen, that's the flag ordered! It's came to a princely sum of £183 + £20 shipping cost so £203 in total. As I have mentioned else where I am willing to take the hit of the shipping fee on top of my contribution as I will likely be keeping the thing under lock and key when it is not in use at games.

So far I have 11 contributing which comes to £16.63 each which is roughly what I predicted it would cost us. I have a list of those that said they would chip in so nae backing out now it's ordered!

Of course those that may not have known about this but are happy to get involved are more than welcome to dig deep into piggy banks and help out, the more the merrier as the cost for all will keep dropping.

Remember guys, this is not just for the Euro trip but also away games in the SPL and Cups as well as the occasional game at McDiarmid. Just imagine how good this 8ft x 15ft Edinburgh Saints flag will look in Tynecastle or Easter Road!!!

Edited by SaintDougie

Okay Gentlemen, that's the flag ordered! It's came to a princely sum of £183 + £20 shipping cost so £203 in total. As I have mentioned else where I am willing to take the hit of the shipping fee on top of my contribution as I will likely be keeping the thing under lock and key when it is not in use at games.

So far I have 11 contributing which comes to £16.63 each which is roughly what I predicted it would cost us. I have a list of those that said they would chip in so nae backing out now it's ordered!

Of course those that may not have known about this but are happy to get involved are more than welcome to dig deep into piggy banks and help out, the more the merrier as the cost for all will keep dropping.

Remember guys, this is not just for the Euro trip but also away games in the SPL and Cups as well as the occasional game at McDiarmid. Just imagine how good this 8ft x 15ft Edinburgh Saints flag will look in Tynecastle or Easter Road!!!

Good work dougie, just let me know how much and how to get the cash to you.

SaintDougie - Please pm with your preferred method of payment.

I work in Edinburgh if that helps?

Well the flag should be with us in a fortnight so I'm considering organising another close season Edinburgh Saints get together to unveil the beast. This would make it easier to collect the contributions as well as organising the Euro trip as we will know roughly where we are heading by then. More than likely to be the Polwarth Tavern as they are always welcoming to Edinburgh Saints and Saints fans as a whole as we're all very aware of. Plus the fact we'd need use of the big wall through the back next to the pool table which I doubt would be too much trouble.

Well the flag should be with us in a fortnight so I'm considering organising another close season Edinburgh Saints get together to unveil the beast. This would make it easier to collect the contributions as well as organising the Euro trip as we will know roughly where we are heading by then. More than likely to be the Polwarth Tavern as they are always welcoming to Edinburgh Saints and Saints fans as a whole as we're all very aware of. Plus the fact we'd need use of the big wall through the back next to the pool table which I doubt would be too much trouble.

I thought the police had warned you about doing that in public?

I do have a vid on my phone of dougie walking around said pool table, with his trousers round his ankles after being grannied at pool.... No big beast then!

I am turkey until july, but cool for the catchup when back (midweek best for me)

Stu