Poll: How should Steve Brown vote on NewCo situation?

sjfcsteve

Should Steve Brown vote Rangers NewCo back into the SPL  

277 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Great to see such an overwhelming result to this poll. Great to see us united as a fans group almost to a man/woman.

I have, since this whole thing started, stated my intentions and I am delighted that I am not only not alone, but actually part of a huge wave, one that grows daily. This wave must surely carry the force required to convince our Chairman that there can be only one possible way to vote. If the Chairman choses to ignore the massed voice of the fans then I fear for our club, a club that has been run in a prudent and fiscally professional manner since Geoff took over 25 years ago. A club that has prided itself on it's core values of family, fairness and integrity, of community and honesty. For Steve Brown to turn his back on these values now, would not only be a disaster but also a betrayal of everything that we as a club have stood for over these last 25 years.

We watched as clubs like Livi, Gretna and Dundee, "bought" or at least attempted "to buy" success, all the while knowing that what they were doing was not only unsustainable but frankly reckless. That they did this knowing that they did not have the cash to pay the piper was verging on criminal. And while these farces unfolded, we had Geoff Brown telling it like it was, warning everyone that this was wrong, that it was all going to end in tears. Some people attacked him for his forthright opinions but in the end " Geoff was right" We as saints fans lauded and applauded him for this. We accepted that his vision of OUR future meant that we would NEVER go down this route. That also meant that the likelyhood of success for St.Johnstone was limited, but again, we accepted this and embraced it because it fitted in well with our core values of sustainabilty and sporting integrity.

So now we find ourselves at the most important junction our club and indeed Scottish football has ever encountered. This (for me) is not about revenge, hatered or spite, this is not even just about Rangers as I would want ANY club, (including my own) who were in this position, treated in this manner; this is about WHAT IS RIGHT, this about the future of Scottish football.

Geoff is no longer at the helm, the torch has been passed to Steve, and as the latest custodian of our club, he MUST " do the right thing" He MUST maintain the values of St.Johnstone football club and he MUST vote NO to ANY newco.

Don't betray us Steve and don't betray our values..No amount of money is worth it.

Excellent post. I hope you send this on to the club.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Saints were to go into administration as a result of Rangers not being in the SPL would that change anyone's opinion:?:

Nope, not in the slightest. Besides, we steered comfortably clear of administration in a Rangers-less First Division, so why would we suddenly plummet towards certain doom in a Rangers-less SPL? The answer is, we wouldn't.

Not posted for a while. No from me and my 2 kids. (pity only counts as one vote). We are all season ticket holders and are seriously having a review on what to do. My preferred option at start was to still go to games but would never go to another rangers game. Now thinking about including not going to the games of Any other team who votes yes to allowing them back into spl.

Note to Mr Steve Brown

If you vote yes this is how they intend to repay you

It's about time all "BEARS" start boycotting away grounds in the SPL if we are still in it next season. They hate us and even if the other chairman vote to keep us in why should we give them our money because that is all they want. Going to the 3rd division will give us time to regroup and come back a stronger team and see how the other clubs have coped without our money.

AND.....They want us lifeless but still able to blink so we can keep their little clubs running as always.

Chained down with no chance to challenge for anything but still there none the less so they can line their hate filled pockets.

**** them, let's get the **** out of this division and continue our traditions while not being used as bait.

A no vote makes sense ,a yes vote is nonsense

Edited by THE LARK SAINT

Half the folk on this site have been ejected for fighting either at Muirton , McDiarmid or both:wink:

Indeed. But there are some morally upstanding members of this forum that frothed at the mouth about the fans who were apprehended at Ross County. Surely the same people could not countenance inviting a chairman to the boardroom, who has been ejected by the police for fighting at our ground.

C'mon Mainstand you know your dying to answer?

No to NewCo and hooligan chairmen

Edited by soulfulsaint

As I expected I huge majority advising a no vote but has anyone changed their mind about renewing their season ticket or not attending? Not sure a a vote in itself will have any influence, it seems a bit impotent.

yes. I was always going to buy a season ticket, but boycott Renjurrs games. Now I will not be buying a season ticket.

Although I don't know if we'll ever find out how SB votes.

I would like to think if Stevie Brown votes NO that the saints fans will reward him with an increase in season ticket sales from last season ?????

I would like to think if he votes YES the fans would thank him by buying no season tickets.

Am now not bothered about money or sporting integrity. Now its about listening the the people who are the lifeblood of the club (as GB once called us)

Without the fans, there is no club (again GB)

Breaking news - someone else has voted Yes to NewCo!

Who ARE these mysterious five people?

Just out of curiosity - what is to stop Rangers supporters signing up to sites like this and voting Yes? I don't want to give any of them ideas, but if they organised themselves they could easliy put 1000s of Yes votes on the system.

Just out of curiosity - what is to stop Rangers supporters signing up to sites like this and voting Yes? I don't want to give any of them ideas, but if they organised themselves they could easliy put 1000s of Yes votes on the system.

Yeh I wondered the same. That's why in a previous post if an online poll had any credibility.