Best memories/matches v Rangers (about to be extinct)

stevensan

Ok, so with Rangers (almost) gone, its time to reminise with the best memories v the forces of darkness. I've come up with my top five (http://saintinasia.wordpress.com/2012/06/18/notonewco-saints-5-best-matches-v-rangers/) - youtube and match report links in the article...

5. Rangers 0 Saints 0 - Lomas' first game in charge - vital result and set the tone for the rest of the season, plus it was at Ibrox

4. Saints 3 Rangers 3 - described by the official site as the most pulsating cup tie ever

3. Saints 4 Rangers 1 - speaks for itself. Annilated them.

2. Saints 3 Rangers 1 - kept us in the European race back in 1999, and ultimately allowed us to qualify for those memorable trips to Vaasa and Monaco

1. Rangers 0 Saints 2 - the breaking of the Ibrox curse... first win there since 1971. says it all.

Discuss!

That's an easy one. At dear auld Muirton in 1968, we beat them 2-0. What a team we had in those days, Willie Ormond was oor manager. The memory has faded a bit, remember MacDonald and Connolly I think, can't for the life of me mind who scored. Aird, Aitken, Donaldson, Hall, Rooney, McCarry, Coburn were the other main men in these days. I got to sit at the edge of the pitch beside the invalid carriages because my ma's boss had one.

I dontn know if this is the right place for this comment but here goes.; I have just been on BBC website AKA weegie media of the eleven cuurrent SPL members only Ross County have got a club specific topic on thier page every other club has "Club 12 open against............ how is this fair unbiased reporting?

Not a game as such but 3 of us smashing 4 or 5 of them on the crieff road with another 5 or 6 scarpering , leaving behind their icf union jack . Wish it was good riddance but we all know ****s will be back in our towns soon .

nice one chief.

reminds me of being involved in a one to one stand up fight outside muirton park 1983-84 season.it was just outside the gates nearest the ice rink after the match.thats roughly across from the stanley crescent road entrance for young dudes.he was a huge fecker but i hated the chunt as he was from perth and he also lived in muirton.i ken his name but thats no goin on here.at least i didnae get a kickin and gave as good as i got before i had to feck off before i got arrested .didnae think that chunt was worth doing time for.i hate those feckin mercenaries from our home town that turn there back on the local team.

nice one chief.

reminds me of being involved in a one to one stand up fight outside muirton park 1983-84 season.it was just outside the gates nearest the ice rink after the match.thats roughly across from the stanley crescent road entrance for young dudes.he was a huge fecker but i hated the chunt as he was from perth and he also lived in muirton.i ken his name but thats no goin on here.at least i didnae get a kickin and gave as good as i got before i had to feck off before i got arrested .didnae think that chunt was worth doing time for.i hate those feckin mercenaries from our home town that turn there back on the local team.

just to clarify.the geezer i had was rucking with was a local rangers fan.in no way do i condone this behaviour.i was just a young misunderstood youth back then,and it was the 1980's.

just to clarify.the geezer i had was rucking with was a local rangers fan.in no way do i condone this behaviour.i was just a young misunderstood youth back then,and it was the 1980's.

and i was the biggest shitebag of the lot.

Has to be the last ever game...

**** as was then "We're Rangers till we die, we're Rangers till we die..." followed by "You're Rangers till July, you're Rangers till July"

What a prophesy...

The last 4-1 was a great night too, not many wee diddy clubs have sat in their lego stadiums chanting "we want 5" to the sound of the Lacoste shuffle as the bigots made their hasty exit.

for younger fans on here.i recall scottish cup matches early 90's, forget the results . we filled the whole rear of the broomloan stand then a few years later we were only given the bottom of the broomloan and filled that section.work out how many fans saints took on those occasions .thats how much football has changed.

for younger fans on here.i recall scottish cup matches early 90's, forget the results . we filled the whole rear of the broomloan stand then a few years later we were only given the bottom of the broomloan and filled that section.work out how many fans saints took on those occasions .thats how much football has changed.

and on both occasions we had a braw sing song.

i remember getting a lift back from ibrox after the game once.scott neill is a braw lad and he had a fancy car.unfortunately he had had a ruby the night before and was stinking of garlic.fecking humming he was i had the windees open on the way home and was almost seasick.feck me i was so over come i forgot the score.braw