The Big Turkey Travel Thread

soulfulsaint

If we got the ferry from Bakirkoy to Kadikoy and then wanted to get the bus to Eskisehir would we get the bus from Harem Otogari? This could be the quickest way out of Istanbul?

(none of us will ever be sober to even consider driving)

No, as the bus comes from Esenler bus station to the stations on Asian side. So, if a delay happens nothing chance. You will wait on the Asian side.

As far as I see, you have to take the bus from Esenler bus station. If it is not rush hour you maybe lucky to pass quickly.

im just looking into that now i fly into istanbul at 3 do u no the time off the evening ferry and wat time is the last bus to esk

ferry site www.ido.com.tr

ferries from Yenikapi to Mudanya are 4 times a day 7.30am, 10am, 6pm and 8.30pm. Takes 90 mins.

You then get a bus from ferry port to Bursa - 25 mins

Then there are various buses leaving Bursa for Eskihir. Kamilkoc buses for example are every half hour up to 11.30pm

www.kamilkoc.com.tr

I'm still taking this route wed morning 10am ferry.

ferry site www.ido.com.tr

ferries from Yenikapi to Mudanya are 4 times a day 7.30am, 10am, 6pm and 8.30pm. Takes 90 mins.

You then get a bus from ferry port to Bursa - 25 mins

Then there are various buses leaving Bursa for Eskihir. Kamilkoc buses for example are every half hour up to 11.30pm

www.kamilkoc.com.tr

I'm still taking this route wed morning 10am ferry.

That's pretty much what we found out, but there was a note somewhere saying there were more ferries in the summer months. Not sure where I read that.

I don't think it is very far from the ferry port to the bus station, so even if you got a taxi I doubt it would cost you much. Got to be a better option than sitting on a bus in a long queue for hours. But I am a bit biased in that I don't particularly like coaches, but like going on ferries.

Esenler mate if you are arriving at Ataturk airport. There is a direct metro link from the airport. Esenler is basically the Turkish version of Buchanan Street. If Sabiha Gokcen get the Hava service to Dudullu. Tell the Havas driver you want to go tae Eskisehir. Good luck mate.

Edited by Gordoninturkey

i arrive in istanbul at 10pm tomorrow night, tuesday, is there anyone else there tueaday night.

and i havent got a clue how to get to where we are playing.

help!

not often i ask for help. but i only booked this afternoon.

where you staying? you're more than welcome to get the ferry and bus with us on Wed morning. We're in hotel close to the Topokapi Palace.

Just heading out (clubbing again!), so won't be online for a few hours.

where you staying? you're more than welcome to get the ferry and bus with us on Wed morning. We're in hotel close to the Topokapi Palace.

Just heading out (clubbing again!), so won't be online for a few hours.

i have only booked a flight, nowhere to stay yet, wed morn sounds good, i want to get to eski asap.

i arrive in istanbul at 10pm tomorrow night, tuesday, is there anyone else there tueaday night.

help!

We arrive 00.45 on Wed. got Hotel booked Wed.night. near Blue mosque.

help!

Book a hotel in Sultanahmet and get the ferry with Sheffield Saintee, Best way to get there if you missed the Beatson Express.

What time is everyone arriving in Eskisehir? We're hoping to come off the train about 11am on Wednesday so will probably get a taxi to our hotel via the stadium to get tickets and be in bar Street early afternoon

Edited by Baiggers

ive made my mind up land at istanbul 15-00hrs wednesday metro to esenler bus to eski dont care if i dont get to eski till midnight i will kip on the bus go to ibis meet up with the rest of the original cys if they ent tucked up in bed u never no at there age anyone about at these times for travelling