Istanbul to Eskişehir

Jamie_Beatson

Hi guys,

Just trying to gauge how many people are likely to be travelling from Istanbul to Eskisehir and back for the game.

There were vague murmurings somewhere of trying to organise a bus there and back for Saints fans, and I'm wondering if that's feasible a) in terms of numbers and B) in terms of cost.

So who is making that journey, who would be up for that kind of transport (probably leaving Thursday early morning and back Friday afternoon).

Also, do any of our Turkish friends have any idea how much it would cost us to charter that kind of bus?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

Just trying to gauge how many people are likely to be travelling from Istanbul to Eskisehir and back for the game.

There were vague murmurings somewhere of trying to organise a bus there and back for Saints fans, and I'm wondering if that's feasible a) in terms of numbers and B) in terms of cost.

So who is making that journey, who would be up for that kind of transport (probably leaving Thursday early morning and back Friday afternoon).

Also, do any of our Turkish friends have any idea how much it would cost us to charter that kind of bus?

Hi Jamie, will speak to my travelling companion Ancient, and will let you know.

Hi guys,

2 of us will be in Istanbul on Wednesday morning -but planning going to Eskisehir that day and staying until Friday morning - then back to Istanbul. Heading home on Saturday -hopefully in time for the Cowdenbeath game .

I'm in the same boat as ancient, as are my two travelling companions - looking to get to Eskisihir on the Wednesday so we can enjoy the atmosphere the night before the game and then head back to Istanbul on the Friday. Wouldn't fancy rushing about on the Thursday just in case there are problems with traffic etc, and PSJ are also hopeful of arranging a game on the Thursday morning so we would need to be there on the Wednesday.

I work as a concierge in a one of the most popular local chain hotel in istanbul. If u guys can find enoug ppl easy to arange a bus or midi bus. I will check prices tmrrw.

Other option is regular bus companies almost every hour u can find a bus from ist to eses. If u land to Ataturk Airport, take a taxi to esenler main bus station (esenler otogar in turkish) that cost u around max 10€. After u reach esenler find kamil koc or ismail ayaz these r good brands to travel. Normally it take 5 and half hour to reach eskisehir but due to traffic hard to leave from istanbul :)

Everything will be easiyer when u reach to eses. Take the tram and get off at CARSİ station. Then ppl will help u :)

I willgo to eses on 18th from istanbul and if u guys want can guide u

Having paid for non refundable accommodation in Istanbul on the Thursday, would anyone else be interested in coming back to Istanbul on a bus after the game on the thursday?

2 youngsters in our party, sorry if that's boring but would be great to know if anyone else is interested, instead of ( or as well as) a friday return,even a few hours after the game to still get some of the post game atmosphere?

Happy to go back via the airport

I suppose it all depends on numbers

Maybe anyone interested in a return on the Thursday can post an interest here?

It might suit the bus co to have 2 runs rather than having to send back an empty bus thurs or put up a driver overnight?

Wed/Fri Ancient 2, Nips 3, Sichuan 2

Thu/Thu Lawman 3-4

Thu/Thu-Fri(am) Fridge 2

Thu/Fri(am) Johnst. 2

Thu/Fri Jamie 5, Nold 6, 55Saint 2, S_McQ. 2

Feel free to add/delete/update. I need to be at Ataturk Airport 3pm Friday, so got to leave Eses before 9am on Friday morning.

Obviously we could charter different numbers each way so everyone travelling there on Thursday could go in one coach, ditto for returns.

Edited by Johnstoun