#01 - 19/07/12 - Eskişehirspor 2-0 Saints - Europa League

Aitchy

Thought I would start this thread as we obviously have a few discussing travel plans etc, however none discussing the actual game!

Its hard to predict the outcome of the game, as we obviously do not know a great deal about Eskisehirspor, however I think its safe to say that we could have got an easier draw! Players such as Diomansy Kamara (Ex WBA & Celtic), Dede (Ex Borussia Dortmund) and Pele (Ex Inter Milan) all hint at the quality they have within their team. Obviously the heat is going to have a major impact on our players as well.

I would imagine we will line-up in a 4-5-1 formation, which worked well for us last season in games at Celtic Park and Ibrox.

Possible starting line-up:

Mannus

Miller Anderson Wright C.Davidson

Millar Adams M.Davidson Craig Hasselbaink

Tade

Hopefully we can keep it tight and get the tie back to Perth with a chance of still progressing. Win, lose or draw I think its safe to safe we are all going to enjoy ourselves anyway!

Your thoughts on the game?

If we escape still in the tie then I'll be more than happy taking them back to McDiarmid Park.

Difficult to name a team considering we know virtually nothing about the opposition and have hardly kicked a ball in pre-season. However, I'd go for:

Mannus

Miller Ando Wright Davidson

Hasslebaink Cregg Millar Davidson Craig

Tade

If this is true, and its a big if, then it is nice to see the Eses management getting into the spirit of the game

St Johnstone manager Steve Lomas has revealed Turkish Europa League opponents Eskisehirspor tried to trick him by handing him a bogus teamsheet at a weekend friendly. (Various)

boofin

sezgin-servet-diego-dede

hürriyet-alper-veysel

erkan-batu-kamara

Is that Freddie Boffin of West Ham fame?

This will be one helluva tough match for us - I'd imagine they would give Celtic a run for their money so we will definitely have to be at our very best to stand any chance over the two legs.

Keep it tight away, hopefully sneak a goal and come back to McDiarmid with at least an outside chance of going through.

Gutted I'm not going, but enjoy the trip guys. Fingers crossed the game goes well!

Is that Freddie Boffin of West Ham fame?

This will be one helluva tough match for us - I'd imagine they would give Celtic a run for their money so we will definitely have to be at our very best to stand any chance over the two legs.

Keep it tight away, hopefully sneak a goal and come back to McDiarmid with at least an outside chance of going through.

Gutted I'm not going, but enjoy the trip guys. Fingers crossed the game goes well!

was his name not ruud boffin?

Thinking about the team line, I think I'd like to see us going 'robust'.

I'd be tempted to go;

Mannus

Miller Anderson Wright C Davidson

Millar Adams M Davidson Craig Hasselbaink

Tade (if fit) otherwise May

Loads of power and strength in that team, with sprinklings of pace up front and on the wings. We would have a real chance of doing damage at set pieces with that team too.

I get the impression we'll struggle as the game goes on because of the heat, but the motivation of playing in Europe will hopefully keep our guys going.

COME ON SAINTS!

History shows that we've never won a game away in Europe with two big defeats which knocked us out. So I would hope we could keep things tight but that will be difficult because Turkish football is good and there are variables outwith our control. Atmosphere will be an experience.

C'mon Saints!

I've watched a few EsK games online. I have to say I was not overly impressed. Some of their midfield was pedestrian at times. They are certianly a lot worse than Celtic. Nothing to fear at all in my opinion. A tough tie but a lot easier than Monaco all those years ago.

Kamara is their top player, didn't exactly have an amazing spell in Scotland.

If we play to our capabilities the tie will be up for grabs still next week.

COYS

I've watched a few EsK games online. I have to say I was not overly impressed. Some of their midfield was pedestrian at times. They are certianly a lot worse than Celtic. Nothing to fear at all in my opinion. A tough tie but a lot easier than Monaco all those years ago.

Kamara is their top player, didn't exactly have an amazing spell in Scotland.

If we play to our capabilities the tie will be up for grabs still next week.

COYS

I saw Athletic Bilbao vs. Trabzonspor in the Europa League qualifiers last season, finished 0-0. I thought the standard of the Turks was very good, they were well organised and a good level.

I think you're underestimating them, they look like they could give us a bit of a doing.

I saw Athletic Bilbao vs. Trabzonspor in the Europa League qualifiers last season, finished 0-0. I thought the standard of the Turks was very good, they were well organised and a good level.

I think you're underestimating them, they look like they could give us a bit of a doing.

Stop being so Scottish!!