#02 - 26/07/12 - Saints 1-1 Eskişehirspor - Europa League

Well well, as the 2nd leg of this tie comes to Perth, the very good news is that we are still in it. Now what we really need is the Perth (and surrounding area) people to get right behind this match. I would love to see every man and his dog at this game. I mean if a home Euro tie against half decent opposition where we are still in with a shout of progressing if we play to our best, can't get yer blood flowing, then I suspect yer deed.

So lets get up to the Park, lets get behind the team and lets show our new Turkish friends that even though our city is less than 10% of the size of theirs, we can still have the place jumping..

THIS GAME IS NOT all-ticket. Cash admission prices will be:

EAST AND WEST STAND

£22 for adults, £11 for senior citizens, £5 for 13-18 year olds, Free of charge for accompanied age 12 and under

ORMOND FAMILY STAND

£15 for adults – must be accompanied by at least one child aged 12 or under

£10 for senior citizens – must be accompanied by at least one child aged 12 or under

£5 for 13-18 year olds

Accompanied 12 and unders – free of charge

Lets be having you...

COYS:D

can a MOD please sort the title of the thread out for me. It should of course say

Saints v Eskisehirspor. ( still not quite with it yet)

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

Are folk congregating in town for it in the afternoon? I have the day off so probably will.

Somehow I doubt it will be anything like what our fans experienced in Turkey though.

Can you imagine singing in the streets of Perth with a beer in your hand!?

We were discussing this on our bus back to istanbul nick.

We need to try to create some kind of atmosphere for them. It is the very least they deserve.

Because no drinking on streets is allowed, I think we should aim to get as many saints fans as possible to sportsters in the afternoon, and invite their fans to join us.

A good sing song outside would be great, and as we already know, there will be no trouble at all (I hope someone tells tayside polis this)

Was great the march through town led by their fans and a drummer, how great if we could somehow return the favour and pipe them to their stand?

Let's just hope it is dry.

Stuart

For your information including our new friends from Eskisehir, The St.Johnstone supports club in Perth will be open prior to the game and we will be running a bus from the club up to the match. If anyone needs the address or any more information please just ask . I can also be contacted on FB through this ..

https://www.facebook.com/ismail.kockar#!/events/293760384055932/301140973317873/?notif_t=event_mall_reply

Yes. Many are staying in edinburgh. Polworth is great when we play hearts, but they may prefer to visit other parts of town. I am up for meeting them the day before, and am more than happy to guide them to perth.

Would be great for them to spend some time in perth on day of match though, rather than a flying visit.

For your information including our new friends from Eskisehir, The St.Johnstone supports club in Perth will be open prior to the game and we will be running a bus from the club up to the match. If anyone needs the address or any more information please just ask . I can also be contacted on FB through this ..

https://www.facebook.com/ismail.kockar#!/events/293760384055932/301140973317873/?notif_t=event_mall_reply

Have the club opened a supporters club? Where is it? Will the atmosphere be better than outside at sportsters would be? Shame for barossa if there is a saints club now, but I guess that it will definately be nicer inside.

Get them in the Royal! Sportsters is a soulless hell hole.

I agree. But so was bar street today.... I think (assuming its not raining) this would be the best place in town to try to create a similar friendly atmosphere.

Its the people who make it... As was demonstrated by mingling on the street, didn't matter from which of the bars we bought the beers from.

Have the club opened a supporters club? Where is it? Will the atmosphere be better than outside at sportsters would be? Shame for barossa if there is a saints club now, but I guess that it will definately be nicer inside.

Barossa Street IS the SAINTS club you dafty:shock:. I agree that if the weather is good then the Sportsters is an ideal choice .

What about the club organise a FANS MEETING PLACE marquee on the Inch. Encourage a few stall holders to participate including selling our souviner scarves etc, perth local fair (venison sausages), get a drinks licence and encourage both sets of fans to meet there together.

Edited by SingaporeSaint

Get them in the Royal! Sportsters is a soulless hell hole.

Noose, The Royal tells fans wearing Saints tops to clear off before match days. Yet was more than happy to take money off fans when we packed the place after winning the league.

Perth is dreadful for pubs not allowing customers to wear Saints colours on matchdays.

What about the club organise a FANS MEETING PLACE marquee on the Inch. Encourage a few stall holders to participate including selling our souviner scarves etc, perth local fair (venison sausages), get a drinks licence and encourage all fans to meet there.

I think the club will leave it to us John just as in Eskisehir it was simply fans speaking on here and on FB etc who organised the hook ups. The club will be very busy trying to offer hospitality to the ESES officials on a par with the way they were treated out there which wa slike royalty. I suspect the previous plan was ripped up about an hour after arriving there..

A lot of it has to do with the weather but would be good if we could ( and I will to sort this) set up a meeting point at the Sportsters and then early evening, perhaps get everyone up to the Saints club before busing them up to the game. Maybe though rather than the Saints club, we can get the Muirton suite opened and see if Saints will organise a few buses to get everyone up there at say 5 pm. Maybe even see if I could organise them to get a tour of the stadium etc... I am on it..:wink:

What about the club organise a FANS MEETING PLACE marquee on the Inch. Encourage a few stall holders to participate including selling our souviner scarves etc, perth local fair (venison sausages), get a drinks licence and encourage both sets of fans to meet there together.

could they not do this on the all weather pitch or the car park behind it???

Have been pushing the game at work (SNH) today, quite a few folk are going to come along especially when they heard about the family deal in the Ormond Stand :D

Looks like the biggest enemy we have is the football at Hampden, lots of the schools have got free tickets to go there so we may miss out on some as they cannot get back for this game as well, although I haev a few families here who will bust their guts to get back in time

Erm, it is Ramadan, how many of them will drink or eat before sunset?

Kev, they are not all active in religion and a good few of em were happily having a few drinks but actually most of these guys need no drink to have a full scale party. The drink will be for the rest :wink:

Today is the 12th day of our visa application, has not been answered yet, and we have only few days remaining.I'm afraid we can't be there on match day.Many of ES ES funs have same problem. This means only a few ES ES supporters will be in Perth.

Today is the 12th day of our visa application, has not been answered yet, and we have only few days remaining.I'm afraid we can't be there on match day.Many of ES ES funs have same problem. This means only a few ES ES supporters will be in Perth.

That's a shame but whoever comes over, we will do opur best to give them a good time..Until kick-off when unfortunately we will score 3-0:wink::laugh:

You really need to read these posts first Ghostie!! :) :)

That said exactly what I wanted it to say and in the form I wanted too.

Given I have just spent the last two days with my new friends I wrote that in the style I have learned they understand best with their command of English.

Up yee and roond ya and take taht ya dobber.:wink:

I will give yee the opur bit.