The Big 'Lets create an atmosphere' thread.

PerthSaints_1884

Atomosphere at McDiarmid?:shock:

seeing as yer one half of the former old firm that reply makes ye seem a thicko.read the thread title dummy as yer post is not very constructive. in simple terms we are looking into creating an atmos ,we ken theres no much.so why don't ye feck off and crawl under yer stone unless ye have something positive to say.even archie the hibbee is helping.

So the plan for Thursday is; those who want to sing throughout congregate in the north end of the east stand? Bring as many banners, flags and scarfs as possible? Attempt to introduce some new fresh chants (perhaps similar to those of our Turkish friends with a saints twist) and go from there. Definitely need someone to forefront and conduct proceedings so the fans know what song to sing and if they are to clap, jump around or links arms etc... Anyone fancy taking up this role?
yeah agreed! top tier at the north end? and I think if everyone gets together then can just start from there like choosing a leader role etc!

I've never had the pleasure of travelling on your bus, but can only imagine how wonderful it is. I might swap my purple jacket with an EsEs fan on Thursday :wink:

Please don't. By all means apporoach the club and try to market copies to sell in the club shop. The East stand is not the same without it.

It's true, McDiarmid often has a poor atmosphere. If only more people supported their local club, that might be different. Perhaps the club should manufacture itself a tenuous religious attachment to give itself a broader appeal.

I agree the armchair fans are the ones you should be targeting, your own clubs as there is plenty of them, and other clubs

It's true, McDiarmid often has a poor atmosphere. If only more people supported their local club, that might be different. Perhaps the club should manufacture itself a tenuous religious attachment to give itself a broader appeal.

Knock, knock!

Who's there?

Jehovahs Witnesses - get yersell doon tae the fitba! :laugh:

Would love to see the club supply small flags or blue sheets/cardboard to wave about or hold up as the players come on to the field. Personally think it looks good when done elsewhere. Creates a good spectacle with minimal effort required from the fans.

Only when there are minimal empty seats...

I would suggest tranmere saintee or wee john, his teeth are getting re-done this week so he should be all good for thursday evening!

Wee John certainly ramped up the volume on wednesday night when he arrived on bar street,up until his arrival at the bar near the middle we were getting well out sung,but we came back with a late rally!:)

Obviously we should split the crowd into the following sections:

Singing section [vulgar]

Singing section [family-friendly]

Singing and dancing section [vulgar]

Singing and dancing section [family-friendly]

Sit down and rustle sweetie wrappers section

Clap politely section

Shout "C'mon Andy Murray!" section

Strobe Lights And Brown Noise section

The Ginger Baker Appreciation Station section

People who will shout "****ING C'MON SAINTS THIS IS SHITE" all game and then post about fans boo'ing the team on W.A.P section

Caesarean section

See me I've been coming here since 1983 and I've eywiz sat in yon seat so git yir arse oot it son section

Bryan Soutar he's a braw laddie section

Mosh pit section

The 1001 Faces of 101 Saint section

Big loud bastards with airhorns section

People who have sex with pies only section

Antisection - if it touches any other section Perth will be annihilated in a collossal explosion

People who want to sit in a big comfy couch section

Inexplicably Cold Seat section

The Fair Maid/Andy schizophrenic mumbling under the seating section section

Section for people who'll head for the car park as soon as Saints concede a goal section

And every one can have its own wee clique and representative egomaniacal ballbag, all sniping at the others and insisting theirs is the only way to enjoy the gamey, eh?

Or, realistically, you could stop being a bunch of wetfart behind-the-hand mumblers, you could write to the folks in charge to show that y'all wanna git down, and next time the stewards shift some other boy out for being loud you could back him up, rather than wait till he gets hoyed out or silenced and then mutter behind your hands about how it's pure ****in' shockin' that ye cannae hae a dance and feckin' sing at the fitba, ey?

Obviously we should split the crowd into the following sections:

Singing section [vulgar]

Singing section [family-friendly]

Singing and dancing section [vulgar]

Singing and dancing section [family-friendly]

Sit down and rustle sweetie wrappers section

Clap politely section

Shout "C'mon Andy Murray!" section

Strobe Lights And Brown Noise section

The Ginger Baker Appreciation Station section

People who will shout "****ING C'MON SAINTS THIS IS SHITE" all game and then post about fans boo'ing the team on W.A.P section

Caesarean section

See me I've been coming here since 1983 and I've eywiz sat in yon seat so git yir arse oot it son section

Bryan Soutar he's a braw laddie section

Mosh pit section

The 1001 Faces of 101 Saint section

Big loud bastards with airhorns section

People who have sex with pies only section

Antisection - if it touches any other section Perth will be annihilated in a collossal explosion

People who want to sit in a big comfy couch section

Inexplicably Cold Seat section

The Fair Maid/Andy schizophrenic mumbling under the seating section section

Section for people who'll head for the car park as soon as Saints concede a goal section

And every one can have its own wee clique and representative egomaniacal ballbag, all sniping at the others and insisting theirs is the only way to enjoy the gamey, eh?

Or, realistically, you could stop being a bunch of wetfart behind-the-hand mumblers, you could write to the folks in charge to show that y'all wanna git down, and next time the stewards shift some other boy out for being loud you could back him up, rather than wait till he gets hoyed out or silenced and then mutter behind your hands about how it's pure ****in' shockin' that ye cannae hae a dance and feckin' sing at the fitba, ey?

I laughed out Loud at this :laugh::laugh::laugh:

You should be SECTIONED:wink:

it is prob a bit late now but why dont we get flags of countries that saints players are from and make a big flag for some of the empty seats and even coutries where saints fans are working/living. it cant be hard to staple/ tie flags together??

There are not many, Scotland, France, Netherlands, England and N Ireland I think :laugh:

As it was put to me in Istanbul by someone who just reads this

"We are fans, Eskisehirspor are fanatics."

By fanatics he means they show more than ordinary support for their team and not any religious or political connotation.

Quote of the week

As it was put to me in Istanbul by someone who just reads this

"We are fans, Eskisehirspor are fanatics."

By fanatics he means they show more than ordinary support for their team and not any religious or political connotation.

Because they jump about like muppets and take their shoes off they're more fanatical than us? Never heard so much bollocks in all my life.