The Big 'Lets create an atmosphere' thread.

PerthSaints_1884

Because they jump about like muppets and take their shoes off they're more fanatical than us? Never heard so much bollocks in all my life.

yer right.i bet they never done a dump at shielfield park on a cauld tuesday night,visited stranraer on a wednesday,slept in doorways until the next train home,hitched a lift to matches ,sat amongst away fans that were nutters.,spend yer last penny on yer team and are skint till pay day,sang like fuque even though were getting humped.yer right noose the dude doesnt know what hes talkin about.name and shame the dude.

Used to not be in favour of a drum, but now i think it adds a bit more of an atmosphere so hoping someone manages to bring one along (if allowed in mcdiarmid). Will be sitting north end of the east stand and hoping as many singing saintees as possible sit there to create our first of many great atmospheres at mcdiarmid this season!

Used to not be in favour of a drum, but now i think it adds a bit more of an atmosphere so hoping someone manages to bring one along (if allowed in mcdiarmid). Will be sitting north end of the east stand and hoping as many singing saintees as possible sit there to create our first of many great atmospheres at mcdiarmid this season!

The young lads who had the drum at the away game will surely be coming to this game also.

Drums at football are ****ing awful.

But I think the singing section idea could work, although we kind of have that in a sense already. I don't think the atmosphere will ever be that great for a run of the mill SPL game at McDiarmid, no matter how hard certain people try. One thing I wish we did have is a specific club anthem, like Man City's "Blue Moon" etc. I guess in a way we already have that in "Oh When the Saints" but it isn't really unique as loads of clubs have their own version of it. I just think it'd be cool if we had our "own" song.

Edited by Vieri

Drums at football are ****ing awful.

But I think the singing section idea could work, although we kind of have that in a sense already. I don't think the atmosphere will ever be that great for a run of the mill SPL game at McDiarmid, no matter how hard certain people try. One thing I wish we did have is a specific club anthem, like Man City's "Blue Moon" etc. I guess in a way we already have that in "Oh When the Saints" but it isn't really unique as loads of clubs have their own version of it. I just think it'd be cool if we had our "own" song.

Sweet Caroline, whatever happened to that? Loved belting that out in the Owen Coyle era.

Sweet Caroline, whatever happened to that? Loved belting that out in the Owen Coyle era.

Got played loads last season and will be on again tonight :D it was started during the John Connolly season as it was his favourite song of all time :laugh:

How is the noise idea going? Can't tell if the noise on the stream is our fans or theirs. How many of them are there?

There was maybe 100 of them, tops, but they were extremely loud and enthusiastic. "Atmosphere" was the usual stilted and self conscious affair, but particularly noteable was the west side of the park sitting in stony silence throughout. I think it's maybe time to accept that Perth skews older, richer, more religious and dourer than most other towns, and isn't going to have the kind of frothing fanaticism you see from other clubs' support. The robotic attempts to "get something going" were largely embarassing.

Edited by Saint Pomarium of Flats

Sorry I thought the east stand fans were superb tonight...and the robotic attempts to get things going were superb...enjoyed watching the chants between the two sets of fans. Not all fans go in for singing and the most that don't go to the main it's personal choice and personal reasons. How you can slag any of our fans tonight is beyond me each played their part and expressed their devotion in their own way...long may the east stand singing continue like that every game

I thought the atmosphere was brilliant tonight - one of the best I've experienced at McDiarmid (and Sportsters, at that). Great to see people actually joining in during the Mexican wave - that can't have happened very often at our ground. Very proud of the fans, and the team, tonight. I don't think we could have asked for more. Well done everyone.

Was the main stand busy tonight? Couldn't really tell from the online feed.

It was great to see all 4 stands open though and the east looking like it should for the first time in far too long.

Hope tonight has gotten some lost fans back into following the team.

There was maybe 100 of them, tops, but they were extremely loud and enthusiastic. "Atmosphere" was the usual stilted and self conscious affair, but particularly noteable was the west side of the park sitting in stony silence throughout. I think it's maybe time to accept that Perth skews older, richer, more religious and dourer than most other towns, and isn't going to have the kind of frothing fanaticism you see from other clubs' support. The robotic attempts to "get something going" were largely embarassing.

Absolute tosh. Atmosphere was fantastic tonight - singing was from North end of East Stand towards the centre consistently - much more than usual - and Ghostie had them singing at the other end too (and the West Stand even joined in a couple of 'Come on Ye Saints'. You must have been at a different game

Jim