The Big 'Lets create an atmosphere' thread.

PerthSaints_1884

Read through most of the posts following last night and I am struggling with the folk who deny thre was any atmosphere, you could feel it buzzing like electricity!! As for the Main Stand not joining in, that just begger's belief, we were even doing the Mexican Wave in the tannoy box.....

There was more chanting and singing throughout the match than I have ever seen and it was even better than the Morton game when we won the championship (loved it when East Stand started with "We're going on the pitch" chant, polis in state of panic :laugh:) and I agree with the Chairman, the EsEs fans and Saintees cross chanting would have brought a tear to a glass eye.

Everyone in that stadium last night can feel proud of the effort they put in to make it a night to remember, you truly made history!!

Oh, and ignore those that are ignorant enough not to understand what atmosphere is :wink:

Keen on that idea.

But hey, if we cant get St. Mirren singing with us, here's some inspiration to you know, sing on our own...

Can't really see this happening on a freezing cold, rainy day in Paisley though...

As we're always put in one stand when we go away, should we split and chant that to each other?

Or do you think we could get the main stand singing back to the East at home? :laugh:

As we're always put in one stand when we go away, should we split and chant that to each other?

Or do you think we could get the main stand singing back to the East at home? :laugh:

Can't really see the idea catching on in the mainstand :laugh:

Although it would be amazing at away grounds!

Atmosphere was pretty much the best I've ever experienced at McDiarmid and I loved every minute of it. Great friendly banter with the opposition fans and a great performance from our team against a side with a budget that absolutely dwarfs ours. Really proud and looking forward to the new season much more now.

Shame people on here feel the need to find a negative on it though.

I was in the main stand last night and you could feel the atmosphere. To say that no-one took part is ridiculous. Our whole row took part in the Mexican wave and as far as I could see most of the stand did, check it out on the video footage.

Yes, it was never going to be as vocal as the East stand but give it a chance, there were quite a few of us joining in with a bit of singing.

The most important thing was that everyone was wanting to enjoy the occasion and there were several there who might now come back again.

Great night, great fans and a great effort by the team.

Well done to everybody who took part and made that difference, you all made me proud to be a Saints supporter and we did show the world how to enjoy a game on all fronts.

Life without one of the OF in the SPL is begining to smell sweet.

COYS, more of the same for the new season please!:D

ps to the idiots who spoilt the night with their bigoted bile & upset the wee lad I can only say grow up or stay away

Can't really see the idea catching on in the mainstand :laugh:

Although it would be amazing at away grounds!

It might work if we have someone down the front orchestrating, and instead of pointing to the other fans, point to the pitch/team and shout "ST JOHN-STONE!" ?

It might work if we have someone down the front orchestrating, and instead of pointing to the other fans, point to the pitch/team and shout "ST JOHN-STONE!" ?

Just hope everyone is still buzzing from the EsEs game come the start of the league. Would be braw to have that kind of banter (even though there will be less folk) at more games!

The boy with the drum helped it along a lot too :razz:

The atmosphere was superb and then they scored. Totally deflated the majority of crowd in comparision to what it was. Was a great effort.

Saints missed a trick by not having adverts for their season ticket deals in the programme.

:roll:

That would be the deflated crowd that was chanting to the away fans back and fourth and that took part in the Mexican wave, both happening after they scored?

Read through most of the posts following last night and I am struggling with the folk who deny thre was any atmosphere, you could feel it buzzing like electricity!! As for the Main Stand not joining in, that just begger's belief, we were even doing the Mexican Wave in the tannoy box.....

There was more chanting and singing throughout the match than I have ever seen and it was even better than the Morton game when we won the championship (loved it when East Stand started with "We're going on the pitch" chant, polis in state of panic :laugh:) and I agree with the Chairman, the EsEs fans and Saintees cross chanting would have brought a tear to a glass eye.

Everyone in that stadium last night can feel proud of the effort they put in to make it a night to remember, you truly made history!!

Oh, and ignore those that are ignorant enough not to understand what atmosphere is :wink:

Haven't had time to read the whole thread, but I'm flabbergasted that anyone could be negative about last night's atmosphere. For once, we actually had an entire Saints home crowd that joined in. That in itself is a massive step forward. I was worried about the Mexican Wave halting when it reached the Main Stand, but it didn't, and that's brilliant. Absolutely loved it. And if it means breaking away from our "traditional" Scottish method of support - which generally involves sitting grumbling quietly and moaning endlessly about the stewards - then so much the better.

The only negative thing I can think of is that so many people left before the full-time whistle. I felt that the team really deserved to have everyone stay behind and applaud them off the pitch for their magnificent effort. Other than that (and the result, I suppose), it was easily one of the best nights there has ever been at McDiarmid.

Haven't had time to read the whole thread, but I'm flabbergasted that anyone could be negative about last night's atmosphere. For once, we actually had an entire Saints home crowd that joined in. That in itself is a massive step forward. I was worried about the Mexican Wave halting when it reached the Main Stand, but it didn't, and that's brilliant. Absolutely loved it. And if it means breaking away from our "traditional" Scottish method of support - which generally involves sitting grumbling quietly and moaning endlessly about the stewards - then so much the better.

The only negative thing I can think of is that so many people left before the full-time whistle. I felt that the team really deserved to have everyone stay behind and applaud them off the pitch for their magnificent effort. Other than that (and the result, I suppose), it was easily one of the best nights there has ever been at McDiarmid.

As usual with BH's posts, I completely agree with all of the above.

It was a great night, despite the result. Well done to Ghostie and others (e.g Sportsters and Tulloch Club) for organising all the supporters' pre-game stuff and transport. Well done to Steve Brown and the club for the excellent pricing policy, and other assistance. Thank you to the police/stewards for not enforcing their usual, absurd "sit-doon-and-shut-up" policy (I was a bit angry at first when the yellow-jacketed bullies moved in to the EsEs fans, but they thankfully backed off after a couple of minutes).

I suppose it's a bit disappointing, given all the above incentives, that there were only 5800 home supporters attending what was a memorable occasion. That's 2000+ fewer than were at the Vaasa game 13 years ago. However, as others have said, even 5800 is a big step forward compared to last season's attendances, so let's look on the bright side.

This whole European experience has made me love my club again, and you can't ask for more than that.

COYS

I reckon this game alone could begin a resurgence in our support which has went especially flat over the last 2 seasons despite some great achievements on the pitch. We're a great wee club and hopefully we can collectively push the boys on to great things this season.

The main thing that was different about this game was the attitude of the stewards and club in general towards the fans. this respect was rewarded with a night we wont forget so I'd like to see it continued throughout the season.

I reckon this game alone could begin a resurgence in our support which has went especially flat over the last 2 seasons despite some great achievements on the pitch. We're a great wee club and hopefully we can collectively push the boys on to great things this season.

The main thing that was different about this game was the attitude of the stewards and club in general towards the fans. this respect was rewarded with a night we wont forget so I'd like to see it continued throughout the season.

Well said Noose. Good meeting you yesterday.

The drum is a must at all games, was never that big a fan but lifted the atmosphere last night. Well done to all involved with the club, hopefully that atmosphere will have created a marker or somewhat of a positive reputation in which many will strive to continue and perhaps better. Would love to see the club attempt to make the Mexican wave a trademark of the club which is implemented at most if not all home games. As a few others have stated, hope we introduce more of a European style to our chants, even the 'F**k you Dundee, F**k you Dundee, ayol, ay' sounded effective and was a nice change. The exchange between the fans nearer the end was class, a rare sight in football, was a joy to witness and be part of; once again hopefully we can do something similar between our own fans (perhaps top and bottom section of the north end of the east stand can adopt this?). After last night, would be extremely disappointing to return to the effortless crowd that showed near to no enthusiasm at most home games last term. In saying this, the security and police will play a big role in determining the atmosphere, surely a standing section is a must, think the club are aware of this which is always good news.

We need to appropriate the ES ES ES KI KI KI ESKI ESKI ES song for ourselves.

May I suggest:

S A I

N T S

SAINT JOHNSTONE FC!

Or even plain Saints Saints Saints! Instead of St Johnstone FC

Or G R E G

ORY

TADE TADE TADE!

*** Rice eat your heart out!:)

It goes against everything I believe in, but the drum was actually quite effective as it wasn't continuosly hit and did stimulate more of our support. This game was always going to take care of it self so the first home game will give a real indication of if things have moved on and improved.

It goes against everything I believe in, but the drum was actually quite effective as it wasn't continuosly hit and did stimulate more of our support. This game was always going to take care of it self so the first home game will give a real indication of if things have moved on and improved.

I think the important thing was that it was fully integrated into the singing done by the rest of the fans as opposed to being a continuous and monotonous irritant as it seems to be at certain stadia down south.

Just in the door from the return drive back down south, and must say I am home with a renewed sense of pride about being a Saintee.

Thursday was massively emotional, and the vibe in, around, leading up to and now following the match were just, WOW!

Really hope the EsEs songs stay as part of the Saints repertoire.

Really hope the club see sense in allowing a form of the Saints "Ultras Choir".

We need to appropriate the ES ES ES KI KI KI ESKI ESKI ES song for ourselves.

May I suggest:

S A I

N T S

SAINT JOHNSTONE FC!

for making this song,

firstly we took ESKÄ° of EskiÅŸehirspor.

we cut this part too in two.

and here,we found this;

Three time ES (I mean: es es es)

Three time KI ( ki ki ki)

and

two time ESKI (eski eski)

and finally one time ES (es)

es es es

ki ki ki

eski eski

es

and you too, you can do it like this;