Thursdays Pre-match Plan....

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Atmosphere looked fantastic - wish I could have been there.

Selection of photo's up on SaintinAsia... if you have more post them somewhere or email them to me!

http://saintinasia.wordpress.com/2012/07/27/the-big-turkey-gallery-the-home-edition/

was a great day (regardless of the result) - well done ghostie for organising this. good to see the saints and turkish fans getting on so well.

and OMG how did i get my ugly mug in these photos!!!!

We'll certainly do our bit this season. Atmosphere last night was great and proud to be a Saints fan this morning ! Saints deserve great credit for the way they've handled things the last couple of months and hopefully the pubs, clubs and people of Perth can keep this going and all work together to support Saints any way we can.

John

A lot of people have problems with Ghostie and his antics at matches but i would like to take my hat off to him for his organisation for this match.

A true Saintees legend.

Love you man.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Thank feck it wasnt just me with those thoughts........

Soupey is a Saintee Super Star.........

...........Probably wears frilly knickers and a tartan bra

I was in sportsters after the match ( was much easier to get served), the guy behind the bar was saying that they are up for doing similar at every Saints home game. Hopefully a few more bars will do the same too.

Hope they got more Lager in run out about 5.45 yesterday evening:sad:

I'm sure you don't need any encouragement but I really hope we can keep up this momentum and use initiatives like this to increase the feelgood factor at Saints games. It's the kind of thing that will attract people back more than the results, the level of enjoyment at games, but even if it doesn't then it can still make the matchdays more enjoyable for us diehards who would go under all circumstances.

Completely agree. It was so refreshing and positive to see a real Saints presence in the city centre before a game, as opposed to stuck out in the outskirts at the Dunkeld Road, 208 or wherever else this sort of thing would normally be hidden away. I could hear the fans singing from South Street before I arrived at Sportsters - it was creating a real buzz all over town. Sometimes I feel it's far too easy to forget Perth even has a team, but certainly not yesterday. You couldn't help but notice that there was a big game happening and people were coming out in force to watch it.

This might be a bit overly ambitious as I know the atmosphere and build-up is never going to be the same for run-of-the-mill league games, but it would be brilliant to see this become part of the regular pre-match routine. I think Sportsters, for the first time, will have seen a real benefit from aligning themselves with the local team after yesterday, and may be more likely to support it more fully in future. Would they be in favour of hosting regular pre-match parties? Their outdoor area and central location makes them an ideal venue.

Anyway, fantastic work by everyone who helped to organise this, and lots of credit is also due to the club for chipping in with the bus transport - something that was really needed for it to work. That's the most I've enjoyed a game at McDiarmid for a long, long time.

By the way, I've chucked some of my own homemade video footage up here: http://www.blueheaven.org.uk

Yesterday was agreat day all round it should act as a reminder to everyone what a great time you can have at a football match. Congratulations and thanks to ALL involved in organising everything. Seriously looking forward to the season now. COYS

Could not have said it better -its just a damn shame we couldnt have "Kidnapped" at least 300 of the EsEs supporters and keep them for a Home game every week.

To actually see the fuddy duddys in the Main Stand take part in the "Wave" is what should be happening every week SADLY though it will be back down to earth with a bump -the usual 2-3k fans turning up to games - The usual Steward Involvement and the usual atmosphere despite the efforts of several.

Completely agree. It was so refreshing and positive to see a real Saints presence in the city centre before a game, as opposed to stuck out in the outskirts at the Dunkeld Road, 208 or wherever else this sort of thing would normally be hidden away. I could hear the fans singing from South Street before I arrived at Sportsters - it was creating a real buzz all over town. Sometimes I feel it's far too easy to forget Perth even has a team, but certainly not yesterday. You couldn't help but notice that there was a big game happening and people were coming out in force to watch it.

This might be a bit overly ambitious as I know the atmosphere and build-up is never going to be the same for run-of-the-mill league games, but it would be brilliant to see this become part of the regular pre-match routine. I think Sportsters, for the first time, will have seen a real benefit from aligning themselves with the local team after yesterday, and may be more likely to support it more fully in future. Would they be in favour of hosting regular pre-match parties? Their outdoor area and central location makes them an ideal venue.

Anyway, fantastic work by everyone who helped to organise this, and lots of credit is also due to the club for chipping in with the bus transport - something that was really needed for it to work. That's the most I've enjoyed a game at McDiarmid for a long, long time.

By the way, I've chucked some of my own homemade video footage up here: http://www.blueheaven.org.uk

I had a short conversation with Chris the manager last night before I left and he was very keen to see if we could get something going. I think that as a regular meeting place for saints fans pre-match it could work in the warmer months ( using the outdoor area)

What I had specificly in mind involving opposition fans as well,was something big organised around the ICT and Ross County games ( as in general, their fans are pretty sound) Biggest problem with that this year we only have one game against each and one is in November and the other December ( which is just shite luck). So that aint gonna work. We COULD arrange something in conjunction with the Massive Blue and White Home Day against the Dons on the 18th but I wouldn't like to be inviting their fans for obvious reasons. But we certainly could try and get a good squad in there from 11am . Not really sure if this would work!!!!!

What I had specificly in mind involving opposition fans as well,was something big organised around the ICT and Ross County games ( as in general, their fans are pretty sound)

I don't see why you couldn't try and organise this kind of thing with any of the smaller-sized away supports in the league. They're probably much more normal in person than they are behind P&B aliases!

For this I mean St Mirren, Kilmarnock, Ross County, Inverness, Motherwell. There's no reason why we couldn't involve away supporters from any of those clubs, they're all similar clubs to ourselves really.

Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United, Celtic and Dundee would bring too many fans for it to work and there'd be issues with potential trouble.

Coming to McDiarmid has never been the most attractive fixture for any away fans but there are things we can do to make it better for all of us.