RUMOUR: Lomas leaving?

Scott1884

The only "conflicts" I perceive are Lomas's desire to spend, spend, spend which is something that underlines his ambition but threatens our budget and his lack of subtlety with comments to the press. This is something that he'll learn from and the fans' reaction to our European games will put his previous comments into context. Surprised he hasn't been "out and about" more in the community.

I think he'll make an excellent manager and hope he's here for a long time (and a good time).

.......maybe he's aff tae play fur his heros? Naw! :laugh:

If that is his thinking then he will never make it. He is in no position to dictate to the board, this is his first real job and his future will be judged on it. If he keeps us in the solutions with a small budget then his stock rises if not he at least has an excuse and others may give him another chance....to be petulant and walk is career suicide.

I'm sure that he was well aware of the budget restriction at McD, before he signed on the dotted line. Hope the chairman stays strong, and keeps the club in the black.

He publicly stated that himself and Tommy had been over the books with the chairman prior to signing, knew the situation the club was in and on that basis took the job.

Wright had went through financial troubles at his previous club and didn't want to go through the same here.

If he is using this as a get out then its not the real reason.

If its true.

have to add, even his interview after the EsEs game gave me an impression his heart isn't in it... he made a remark about the vast difference in budgets, and just the way he said it gave me the feeling the lack of spending annoys him,

He may have agreed to it, but seeing how hard it is for him to attract the players he wants, he could be having second thoughts.

Hope he sticks around as have been impressed by his signings this summer - the first time in a while we have signed the better players off the clubs we would class as rivals.

FFS will you lot get a grip

I reckon SL will be judged on his first full season in the job

Nobodys saying they want him to go Ref,they are just responding to the rumour stating that he may well be leaving us,personally this is the first ive heard this and hope theres no truth in it,i think he has the making of a good team this season considering we dont really have much of a budget, he will still be with us for some time yet and come christmas he will be getting touted for just about every managers job that becomes available.