Swinton Insurance Scam

Real Madrid

My address would appear to have been used in an insurance scam that is operating via Swinton Insurance in Perthshire just now and before anyone else has the same happen to them I thought I would use the forum to highlight this, as the staff in the Swinton office not only are not very helpful but they were also very rude and abrupt this morning.

I started to get letters at my home address last week addressed to a Kulwinder Singh. They then requested proof of ID before they could issue an insurance policy but last night without any proof being sent in an insurance policy document giving details of a corsa PF51 FNL arrives at my house.

When you call the help line they direct you to the local office who are only open between 9am and 5.30pm and who not only did not take any details of the policy just said ignore it all, if they fail to make a payment we will cancel the policy.

So Swinton Insurance are happy to have cars registered to addresses who does not own the car and when asked if this would effect any credit rating she said no i don't think so. She then went on to say its happening a bit in Perthsire just now and there is nothing to worry about.

Report this to the police it's fraudulent.

According to the desk sergeant at Western division tonight its not, provided the car is registered to the correct address there is nothing they can do. All she suggested was for me to return everything to Swinton and not open any more mail that is not correctly addressed.

It should have adequate details provided in the documentation for you to phone the insurers to cancel the policy on their behalf for deciding to use your address.

Especially on the motor insurance side it will have the name, DOB, address and reg number of the vehicle insured.

Just cancel it and let the police do them for driving without insurance.

St Mikey that's what I tried to do by calling the Perth office yesterday morning. However by following the police advice and returning everything to the office in Manachester last night the policy should be cancelled and as you say if the vehicle gets pulled over they will not be covered.