Twin Cities - Perth and EsEs

SingaporeSaint

Maybe our chairman would be prepared to make some form of official proposal to the council. Also have a fans representative involved. Turkey are very much a growing economy so from the business perspective things could work. Other benefits could be education and culture, looks like both cities are proud of these. On the other side maybe our Turkish friends can approach their chairman. Get the feeling he had a whopper of a time as well. Maybe now getting carried away but if a joint proposal (SJFC and EsEs boards) made to both city administrations.

jocko ye don''t even live in perth and yer basing this twin city idea on a two legged cup match ,two matches of which ye weren't even at ?i ken yer hearts in the right place however ask yersel what have we got in common apart from a cuptie.most of us hadn't even heard of Eskisehirspor until the cup draw.eskisehirspor is a braw place but there size makes us david to there goliath for a start. we have a river so have they.they have sun ,we have rain. apart from the council getting there jollies and the saints fans in perth that had a braw time over the cup games,i don't believe the outdated 1950's concept of a twin town is of any benefit .after saying this all some kind of link would be fine .we are also twinned with cognac as well as the german place and i don't see any benefits to the citizens of perth.what is cittaslow anyway?

dont see the point in this imo it was a football game at the end of the day

Is there not some sort of "rule" that twin cities have to be somewhat similar in size and other things like that? Pretty sure there was something mentioned about that when Dull was trying to twin with Boring. That would put a damper on any plans straight away.

jocko ye don''t even live in perth and yer basing this twin city idea on a two legged cup match ,two matches of which ye weren't even at ?i ken yer hearts in the right place however ask yersel what have we got in common apart from a cuptie.most of us hadn't even heard of Eskisehirspor until the cup draw.eskisehirspor is a braw place but there size makes us david to there goliath for a start. we have a river so have they.they have sun ,we have rain. apart from the council getting there jollies and the saints fans in perth that had a braw time over the cup games,i don't believe the outdated 1950's concept of a twin town is of any benefit .after saying this all some kind of link would be fine .we are also twinned with cognac as well as the german place and i don't see any benefits to the citizens of perth.what is cittaslow anyway?

Geez, you lot have driven me to sit down with an armagnac.

Edited by SingaporeSaint

Is there not some sort of "rule" that twin cities have to be somewhat similar in size and other things like that? Pretty sure there was something mentioned about that when Dull was trying to twin with Boring. That would put a damper on any plans straight away.

dull population=84 boring=13000

Any idea which keep the good vibe and friendly connection going is a good one IMO.

Twin cities or whatever. Any bunch of people who take to singing our songs, and paying FULL respect to our town, our club and culture.... those people are my kind of people.

We should have some concerted effort, if even that we all write to UEFA telling them EsEs are worthy of note.

Are you guys town twinning experts or just naysayers?

both.

i had a braw time in dunfermline on saturday night.it was a one off to see a braw band.there were lots of saints fans in attendence.we were even in a dunfermline athletic fans pub.we had a braw time with the locals and they were okay with us .MAYBE we could twin with dunfy as well.

personally some kind of link would be braw although i feel people are going over the top based on two cup ties.

both.

i had a braw time in dunfermline on saturday night.it was a one off to see a braw band.there were lots of saints fans in attendence.we were even in a dunfermline athletic fans pub.we had a braw time with the locals and they were okay with us .MAYBE we could twin with dunfy as well.

personally some kind of link would be braw although i feel people are going over the top based on two cup ties.

i agree

both.

how things change. Dosent seem so many years ago you were in their end at East End causing mayhem...now you and the pars are big mates :neutral: