Beattie Signs One Year Deal

Carse of Gowrie Saint

If he can maintain a decent level of fitness i reckon it could be a really good signing and worth between 15/20 goals

With Vine, Tade, Hassebank,Higgins, Vine and May we have more than decent options for 2 up front

The problem might be finding a partnership that works , some have said that Higgins and Vine worked well against Bristol City, we might see that tomorrow, although i doubt it as i think Higgins will be way down the pecking order now

With Tade out i would like to see Vine and Beatie together with Nigel on one of the flanks, which leaves a choice of Higgins/May on the bench.

When available Tade/Beatie would be interesting

If he can maintain a decent level of fitness i reckon it could be a really good signing and worth between 15/20 goals

With Vine, Tade, Hassebank,Higgins, Vine and May we have more than decent options for 2 up front

The problem might be finding a partnership that works , some have said that Higgins and Vine worked well against Bristol City, we might see that tomorrow, although i doubt it as i think Higgins will be way down the pecking order now

With Tade out i would like to see Vine and Beatie together with Nigel on one of the flanks, which leaves a choice of Higgins/May on the bench.

When available Tade/Beatie would be interesting

can see May going out on loan again.....................

The 1 year bit is the only worrying bit for me, he'll no doubt be using us as a stepping stone to another club. Now if we had an option for another year in the contract then I'd feel a bit happier about this, still didn't he manage something like 6 goals in about 10 apps for Hearts last season?

Most saints players are one year deals aren't they

good signing a few years ago, today not sure.

Seem to recall Saints having many options for strikers in the days past, and then never getting any sort of partnership or any player excelling...

still a good way short from replacing Sandaza, but we can try!

Must admit, the strikers would appear to have potential to score goals, lets hope they start banging them sooner rather than later for their own confidence (before they are squad rotated)

can see May going out on loan again.....................

He is guaranteed to be one of the under age players on the bench.Surely it is better haveing an option on the bench that you can bring on than have 3 guys making up the numbers.Plus the under 20s league is now a better option for squad players.

Back on thread ,as nearly everyone says. Fitness is the key. If he can stay injury free then he is a good signing.

Why would he sign for us on £1000 a week rather than £7000 for that huge team in the 3rd division.

I think this is a good signing and a one year deal suits both parties. Lomas can have no complaints about support from board and I am very happy that Beattie has seen St Johnstone as a club that can continue his pretty decent career to date.

Off the field I think it is a fantastic political signing and his dig at Green is very telling (more trouble at Ibrox). The Daily Dodo will be furious!!!:laugh:

Bye bye Fran you play at the fourth tier, Craig has ditched his £4K a week and come to Perth. If you look at the strikers we have now at the club, it is very impressive. Thanks board.

Craig, we welcome you and wish you every success at Saints, you have a platform to be a real Saints hero.:) We look forward to plenty of your goal celebrations.

I think this is a good signing and a one year deal suits both parties. Lomas can have no complaints about support from board and I am very happy that Beattie has seen St Johnstone as a club that can continue his pretty decent career to date.

Off the field I think it is a fantastic political signing and his dig at Green is very telling (more trouble at Ibrox). The Daily Dodo will be furious!!!:laugh:

Bye bye Fran you play at the fourth tier, Craig has ditched his £4K a week and come to Perth. If you look at the strikers we have now at the club, it is very impressive. Thanks board.

Craig, we welcome you and wish you every success at Saints, you have a platform to be a real Saints hero.:) We look forward to plenty of your goal celebrations.

I'll second that....great signing if he remains fit. Maybe another midfielder in and then we can maybe push for europe again.