Saints v Aberdeen 18/08/12

Where to start???

Tactics were all wrong. Higgins is not a lone striker even with decent service, which he didn't get today. Defensively we were all over the place, the second goal was just painful to watch.

I am actually lost for words beyond this at the moment, worst I've ever felt as a St Johnstone supporter.

Where to start???

Tactics were all wrong. Higgins is not a lone striker even with decent service, which he didn't get today. Defensively we were all over the place, the second goal was just painful to watch.

I am actually lost for words beyond this at the moment, worst I've ever felt as a St Johnstone supporter.

I Know the feeling well Dinky in the 1980s we were like newco in the lowest division , except we could only afford a fiver a week not five grand ,

When you have been there, games like today become a little easier to get over,

Listen....obviously, over achieved, bad day at the office, etc etc...

We're down the bare bones at the moment

Lets take nothing away from Aberdeen

The better team won

Our aim was to win the 2nd half etc etc

Plus his body language and general shiftiness do not inspire confidence....

Should have stayed at home and watched the opening ceremony rerun and cool runnings.

One of the worst saints performances i can remember seeing. Who knows what Lomas was playing at tactics wise. Was texting a few mates not at the game, and to start with, pretty hard to actually work out what the formation was, there was no shape, and players all over the place. What seemed to be most concerning was that after the 2nd goal, the players just seem to give up completely, and even once we got the goal back, there was no urgency in them to try and get a second. It just looked like they weren't trying, seen by how slow we were to get men forward. It just looked like a side of strangers put together for the day.

Things will need to improve pretty sharpish

451 with one of the smallest strikers up top while two idiot centre backs think oh am going to punt it every time to see if he might win one against 6 foot 6 defenders.

no one when the had the ball took time to look and control the game oh joddy who i miss you.

the second goal was as stupid as it comes mannus slow coming of his line and wright instead of punting into row z to turn towards your own goal with a player up your a*se

very very poor and with next three games hibs united and celtic were going to struggle

lomas hasnt got a clue stood for at least 25mins in the dugout doing nothing shambles.

Higgins was on a hiding to nothing, had no chance with balls being punted up to him. We were totally outplayed. Muzz was clearly struggling & with Millar going off as well we weren't able to compete in midfield. Adams isn't good enough.

I might well be shot down in flames by all you old hacks, no offence to anyone, first time post, not sure how it all works, but just my impression of todays game.I used to go every game in the old Muirton days, sitting down just lost it for me!! Responded to the Admin call for a great support, First game in years, what I saw today was totall pish,no wonder the home support is dwindling if this is what you have had to watch, one up front against the giants that are Aberdeen?? I know there was a strike force in the stand, but Higgins is not a target man, May is not a winger, and there were players out there carrying knocks, and yet the managers subs pulled all sorts of players out of position, it was like headless chickens, I thought we had several good players, but the wrong tactics. Mannus to me is a good solid goalkeeper, more reliable than Enks, not his fault today, but I really think the manager has to be braver, May will miss a good few chances, but is exciting to watch, if played properly. When I attended, and this is the feeling I get talking to those around me today, we would rather go down in style, than watch that crap every week. Would I go back? yes, cause I do think we have good players, not so keen on the manager though,A lot of thought has to go into his tactics and subs. Sorry, only my opinion.

you coudl also try and count how many times he managed to look at the camera.

I was just about to say exactly the same thing. Did he ever look at the interviewer/camera even once? It says a lot. A lot of managers etc do the same thing, this looking off to the sides all the time. Maybe their worried about getting a right hook to the coupon?

I was just about to say exactly the same thing. Did he ever look at the interviewer/camera even once? It says a lot. A lot of managers etc do the same thing, this looking off to the sides all the time. Maybe their worried about getting a right hook to the coupon?

I actually thought he had dropped something and was desperately looking for it the whole interview.

Shocking response by Lomas to a terrible performance and result. Instilled no confidence in me whatsoever that he is the man to get us back on a high.

Hope im wrong

I actually thought he had dropped something and was desperately looking for it the whole interview.

Shocking response by Lomas to a terrible performance and result. Instilled no confidence in me whatsoever that he is the man to get us back on a high.

Hope im wrong

maybe he dropped a contact lense? his mannerisms were all wrong and like ye say does not instil confidence.

I would also like to say well done to G4S for clamping down on the air horn in the east stand. Those kids in party hats looked on the verge of rioting.

aye its back tae normal.no wonder the place is like a morgue.after seeing how to enjoy yersel in the two matches with the eses fans it was back doon tae earth again.from the aberdeen fans singing there usual dirge about 'standing free' and 'when the dons go steaming in 'bollocks to the home fans wake like rendition of 'oh when the saints' and even oor drummer didnae have a clue.or maybe the drummer was telt tae tone it doon by security.atmosphere?that wis up in the air.

Hope im wrong

Hope im wrong

He had dropped something, three f***ing points.The words t***, Ginger and Clueless spring to mind not necessarily in that order.

That was the worst performance for a coulple of seasons.

Formation was baffling. Long balls to 5 foot nothing lone striker.

You would think the experianced guys would see after 10 mins it wasn`t working.

Adams & Higgins can be put out on loan & Cregg is never a creative midfielder. He is a distroyer who was lucky to escape a yellow long before he got one.