Welcome to the new We Are Perth Forum

Jamie_Beatson

After four hours of upgrade work this afternoon we are now ready to throw open the virtual doors of the new look We Are Perth Forum.

As you will see, it looks a lot different - but all the content amassed over the last few years is still all here.

You should find your PMs, threads, posts etc all converted over to the new forum.

The new software is the latest version of IP Board - anyone who has used Pie and Bovril has used this before and should find essentially the same functions over here.

We'll be tinkering with the site over the coming days and weeks - but we are more or less open for business from now.

In terms of new features, there is now the ability to "like" a post - much the same as you would on Facebook, the search function should work much more easily amongst more.

One other big bonus is for mobile users. Load us up on your iPhone for example and you'll see our new mobile skin in operation, making it much easier to browse threads, read posts and post from your phone.

The address of the forum has changed, so please change any bookmarks to www.weareperth.co.uk/wapforum

Finally, if you notice any problems, bugs, technical issues - or have a question about the new look forum, please post in this thread.

Thanks

Jamie

Beatson does the database stuff and I do the design side, so if there's anything (within reason ok course!) that you'd like to see changed or moved with regards to the look of the forum, please let me know.

Seems to have been a smooth transition though so I'm pretty pleased with that! :)