Lomas Tenure Up?

St Mikey

Heard the rumours can't say there great. I think give him the chance to complete the first round of games see how we get on with the lower ranked teams see if it brings a winning streak and a bit of confidence to the team (and fans). I would like to see him do well, I didn't think we were bad against hibs maybe strikers need more time to gel and form a partnership

The worst thing about the rumours are that the whole thing is now right round the City ( and even beyond). Christ , every day I have people coming up to me who know nothing about football but know that I am a Saints fan who are asking me WTF is going on and that they have heard "this and that" They then proceed to mention all the alledged details . These are people who have never been near a messageboard and a lot of em don't even use the internet. The phrase "Mud Sticks" has been used by those trying to quell the rumours and get anything remotely dodgy removed from here and P&B. Well indeed it does but the problem is that the longer that they remain silent, the more that the mud sticks and even if it is proved that the rumours are false, it will be far to late to save the reputations of those who's names have been mentioned.

To say that nothing is being said because of legal advice or the like is fine and dandy but a simple statement from the representitives of those who may or may not be involved , perhaps backed up with some proof would go a long way towards putting the issue to bed.

The longer the silence goes on, the more people are gonna believe that there is something in it.

I don't think it is necessarily up to St.Johnstone to do this but perhaps they need to push the representitives of SL to do so. The one thing that this is definitely doing,is hurting the reputation of our football club. True or not...

So come on Dr. S... Lets get this cleared up and lets hear the truth......

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

Frankly, I don't know how anyone who has heard the rumours can concentrate on the football. The few facts that are in the public domain would certainly seem to back up that something is awry. No doubt the club are trying to play this by the book to be fair to any involved and may be limited in what they can say publicly. Bloody mess. Bloody shame. :sad:

Wonder why the tabloids aren't digging about. They surely keep an eye on forums etc. And why has nothing been said officially about the GM post?

I would assume the press are fully aware of what is going on but just like those on here, they need to be very careful what they print. Until such times as they have some sort of proof of any goings on, they will be keeping their paper dry.

I've heard 2 very different rumours in the past few days, Not sure which one (if either) is the one people are hinting at on here. Its natural with a bit of gossip for the story to get changed a bit as it spreads, but I can't see how the 2 stories I've heard could be related. So he's either been a very naughty boy lately and both are true or (at least) one of them is a complete fabrication.

I really dont know where I stand on the Lomas issue. It should be rmemembered that it is only a few weeks ago we are all raving about the Euro games ( I posted on another thread about the home game saying that we should all remember what a great time we can haqve following Saints). But obviously things arehappenning in Perth which us exiles are unaware of (a wee PM anyone?).As has also been mentioned on another thread we have had a bitch of a run of 13 games. Yes Aberdeen at McD was crap but the other games this season we have been very unlucky. Even last seson after the split we didn't play badly at all even though the results were crap ( even the 5-1 against the arabs wasn't as bad as it appears).Yes we need to improve but is this the time to change managers I dont think so. I believe if we have at least 7 points at the end of September(Ipersonally think we will have a lot more)we'll be doing alright. Anyway onwards and upwards COYS I've predicted 3-0 0n saturday against the Arabs

I would assume the press are fully aware of what is going on but just like those on here, they need to be very careful what they print. Until such times as they have some sort of proof of any goings on, they will be keeping their paper dry.

It not much of a national news story without photos/cctv footage or mobile phone video. Its not a case of the press being careful at all. If it had been Lennon or McCoist it would be front page, but little old St.Johnstone, little Steve Lomas, in little Perth. Its not enough of a news story.

I remember when the Scotland squad were in St.Andrews for a week training camp. They absolutely ran amok, but i'm told the newspapers werent interested in publishing it without gorey incriminating or lewd photos or more reliable evidence.

Simple eye-witness accounts isnt enough anymore for the red tops.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

More likely they're waiting till we play Sellik so it makes a bigger front-page splash. That's usually the time the tabloids pick to publish stories on us diddy teams.

hows that was assuming since we cant talk about the press cant

The reason you cant talk about it because it is unsubstanciated. That means that means that it is not established as valid or genuine. Your just talking about it because you heard from somebody else. You dont know any facts, you dont have any evidence and you dont know anything about the legal implications of your comments....

However newspapers know and have all of this, and as long as they deem it to be newsworthy and it is backed up with the relevant evidence to make it exciting enough to sell more newspapers, then they can almost print whatever they want, you on the otherhand cant just go blabbing on a forum because you feel you want sully a mans name.

The newspapers wont report it to be good honest citizens reporting a misdemeanor for the benefit of Saints fans, they will be doing it to sell newspapers. Fortunately for Lomas, the olympics happened, Harry got his kecks off, Rangers are playing their first ever season in Division 3, Celtic are doing well in the Champions League....ect ect

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz