Fireworks

Dev

What do you think of fireworks? Personally I'm not much of a fan, I don't find them very interesting at all.

This week is "Aste Nagusia" in Bilbao, literally translated from the Basque language it means Big Week. As part of this, every night at 2245 there are fifteen minutes of fireworks and there are different teams from around Europe each night. Throngs of people crowd the banks of the river and all the bridges to get a view of them. I could just go and watch them from my balcony but they just don't do anything for me at all - a lot of noise for nothing!

Am I just being a grumpy git?

I'm just across the river from Scone Palace where that 80s festival was and they had fireworks at the end of the night about 1145. Completely without any warning (I don't recall reading in any of the newspaper articles about the festival that there would be a firewrok finale), it was like WWIII outside. They were way, way too loud. The visual aspect seems to have given way to who can make the loudest noise.

I'm just across the river from Scone Palace where that 80s festival was and they had fireworks at the end of the night about 1145. Completely without any warning (I don't recall reading in any of the newspaper articles about the festival that there would be a firewrok finale), it was like WWIII outside. They were way, way too loud. The visual aspect seems to have given way to who can make the loudest noise.

Did you get a wee fright? LAUGH OUT LOUD

The visual aspect seems to have given way to who can make the loudest noise.

That's certainly the case in Spain anyway. I was brought up going to the South Inch to see the fireworks on Bonfire Night and they were always set off along to music. I also saw some good ones at theme parks in Florida, again along to a theme or music of some description. Here they just make them as loud as possible, no music, no theme, nothing. Just a shedload of noise getting on my wick.

• 2 months later...

Am I just being a grumpy git?

Yes, but you are in good company on this forum. So, don't be lonely.

I live next to a big park and the local teenagers are always lighting fireworks late at night and throughout the year. Infuriating if you are just getting of to sleep and there is a bang or are having prise a terrified pussy of the yukka tree. Most inconsiderate.

Yes, but you are in good company on this forum. So, don't be lonely.

I live next to a big park and the local teenagers are always lighting fireworks late at night and throughout the year. Infuriating if you are just getting of to sleep and there is a bang or are having prise a terrified pussy of the yukka tree. Most inconsiderate.

Just checked the "Kama Sutra" at the local library and i cant find that one concerning the "Yukka Tree" -is that in the new edition .................Jokin aside tho -Should only be organised displays and not for sale to all and sundry -