Steven Fletcher

HOODLUM65

His finishing on Saturday tells you precisely why we really need him - quality - the first very skillful - the second - right place at the right time. I'm not for any player being bigger than the team and him choosing to not play for Scotland doesn't do great things for me - but I'm hoping that he is keen to play but just for some reason cannot at the moment. That obstacle must be removed.

His finishing on Saturday tells you precisely why we really need him - quality - the first very skillful - the second - right place at the right time. I'm not for any player being bigger than the team and him choosing to not play for Scotland doesn't do great things for me - but I'm hoping that he is keen to play but just for some reason cannot at the moment. That obstacle must be removed.

Levien will be going nowhere unfortunately.

If he is keen then why doesn't he come out and say he is keen to play. Or better still, tell the SFA/Levein that he is keen to play. The fact he has done neither suggests he is not. The fact that nobody in the media appears to be willing to ask him the simple question "do you want to play for Scotland?" is infuriating.

if fletch was the only striker scotland had i still wouldnt take him back but as it stands i presume Miller is still no.1 , Rhodes is the most exciting thing since mcfadden. Mackie looks good and Mackail-stevens is on fire just now. not to mention Badfanny & Russell.

with 1 place to fight for Fletcher would probably be third on line(he knows this so probably not worth begging to come back to sit on the bench greetin again)

I don't care if Steven Fletcher is an arse. I want to win games and qualify for tournaments and if that means picking people with questionable attitudes then fine I don't care. If that was the case England would struggle to put a team on the park when you consider the likes of Cole, Ferdinand, Terry etc.

You're not telling me that Fletcher is the only arse-hole in the squad?

We've got one of the best goalscorers in one of the top leagues in the world. Only in Scotland would he not be involved with the squad.

I don't care if Steven Fletcher is an arse. I want to win games and qualify for tournaments and if that means picking people with questionable attitudes then fine I don't care. If that was the case England would struggle to put a team on the park when you consider the likes of Cole, Ferdinand, Terry etc.

You're not telling me that Fletcher is the only arse-hole in the squad?

We've got one of the best goalscorers in one of the top leagues in the world. Only in Scotland would he not be involved with the squad.

I'm sure there are plenty arseholes in many international squads. However, there are a select band of arseholes who don't want to play for their country and Steven Fletcher is one.

Rhodes and Fletcher would be a tremendous pairing up front but we have to have the quality in other areas supplying them if Scotland are to rise above mediocrity.

Look at the latest Fifa rankings, how many of the top 10 would go into a qualifier against Serbia with 2 up front? None! why the phuc do Scotland fans insist on this nonsense? 2 up front means 1 light in the midfield...Serbia would do us proper if we failed to match up.

Yes Fletcher scored 2 on Saturday, but if you watched MOTD on Saturday there were a number of excellent performances by Scotland players, Fletcher has made is bed, move on.

I see Levein and Fletcher as being equally culpable in this pathetic situation where we are unable to possibly field the best team we have the ability to due to the egos of two petty individuals

Did you see the manager equally culpable int he Barry Ferguson, Lee McCulloch and Kris Boyd situations?

I was under the impression that Fletcher had, at some point, come out in the press and said he wanted to play?

My understanding is he said he will not play for Levein.....his call. Levein has very publicly stated he just needs to contact the SFA and make himself available for selection, so Levein has offered Fletcher a way out for 2 years, Fletcher has chosen not to take it.

My bosses can be total ^**&^%%$$s but my work ethic and financial situation mean I don't have such luxuries, Fletcher clearly has no such problems! Whatever anyone thinks of Levein, he is the manager, he has a contract, he picks the team, let him do the job he is paid to do.