Man Of Match Awards - Rnd 12 - St Mirren (H)

MoM vs St Mirren  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tough to watch at times but also some really good stuff from Saints mixed in. Thought the midfield all did well enough and was good to see Gary Miller capable of providing an attacking threat. For his goal and his part in the second though, I have to go for Nigel Hasselbaink.

Gone for Hasselbank simply for standing up after talking the talk in the papers about moving to the bigger Saints then walking the walk on the park and starting it of with a goal and a decent shift.

Tade could have had it, Mackay had a good game, he started the first goal with a great bit of play. Liam was steady throughout and Millar had a great first half (second half distribution was dissapointing, but I regularly slate him and the wee lad has had a few good games recently ;-)

Mannus continues to look solid too.

No stand outs today. I thought Hasselbank played well and took his goal excellently, but I went for Murray Davidson though by default. We have done superbly to have held on to a player of his calibre He made numerous tackles today that he had no right to make, did a lot of work off the ball today and I was delighted to see him get a goal.

Edited by Pop

Very tough decision in what was in my opinion a below what was expected performance .

After careful consideration I have plumped for wee Nige .

Out to prove a point and succeeded in scoring against his former team, who gave him some rough treatment .

Well done Nigel and with just a little more composure could have passed to a team mate who was better positioned.

Have to disagree with ghostie , who thought Gary Miller was the one.

Thought he found himself in no man's land to often and think his best position is fullback where he has been outstanding.

Christ millar for me, and I have to admit i m not the biggest fan of his but the last couple of games he has played really well.

Played well, but still frustrates the shit out of me when he collects the ball and rarely looks forward. When he does, his final ball still leaves a lot to be desired.

Great tracking back and reading of the game to steal the ball of opponenets toes as usual though

Many pass marks in a great first half display. Disappointed by the second half performance overall but the boys still battled away at the back and kept a good St Mirren side scrapping for half chances.

Went for Gary Miller as I felt he was fantastic throughout the game. Other mentions for Tade who is the most exciting player I've seen in a saints shirt for years (who faded away in the second half, yet still gave his all), Nigel who converted his words into actions and never gave up and also to Dave Mackay who was eager to get forward yesterday but many times helped out his neighbours at the back.

The worst performance so far of our unbeaten run but we are showing signs of a good team who can win games without regu;ar first team players available and without playing well for 90 minutes. Promising all round