Dundee Fc

andy rhodes fancy watch

I would have the Dee in the SPL over Killie or St Midden any season. I hope Barry Smith gets a foothold soon or I fear the worst............

Totally agree with this,but cannot see them overcoming this slump.For obvious reasons they just weren't/aren't prepared for life in the top division,it is going to take a major piece of work and money along with time to get them anywhere near the standard needed to survive this season,i don't know if Smith is the man to get the best from his squad Dee fans will know better than me,money i suspect is something the board really don't have considering past money problems,as for time if things don't happen sooner rather than later they will see the gap between them and second bottom to wide to catch.I really don't want to see them giving up too early in the campaign and just go through the motions week in week out.If i had the choice i would certainly pick the likes of Killie or St Mirren for relegation and keep the tayside and highland teams in the league

As far as I'm concerned they're taking up a place in the league that should be Dunfermline's.

Well no, Dunfermline lost their right to that place last season when they finished bottom last year, getting pumped along the way.

Promoting Dundee was the best choice but they decision to delay telling everyone until the season was about to start was a disaster. They were handicapped but signings like Easton and Nish were good. They're quite clearly the worst team in the league, although I'm convinced Ross County will slump, and they'll be relegated. But they deserve the place more than Dunfermline

Well no, Dunfermline lost their right to that place last season when they finished bottom last year, getting pumped along the way.

So, by the same logic, didn't Dundee lose their right to that place when they finished second in the First Division and failed to meet the criteria for promotion? So why do they "deserve the place more" than Dunfermline?

Dunfermline finished bottom of a league in which one of the clubs above them was guilty of cheating on massive scale. Dunfermline have been cheated; Dundee haven't. Under those circumstances, I'd have said it would have been perfectly fair to grant Dunfermline an amnesty from relegation.

I barely even notice they're in the same league as us to be honest, bit of a non attraction. Then when you take a look at their squad and the total lack of any quality and then you remind yourself that pretty much the same squad finished 2nd in the 1st division last year, it just shows how the quality of 1st division football has fallen dramatically since we were there. But if I was given the choice of Dundee or anyone else in the 1st division I'd take Dundee every time purely because of their location and the financial benefits of the amount of fans they should bring to McDiarmid Park...plus you're looking at Partick of Dunfermline as suitable replacements just now and we know how guff that Dunfermline team is...you couldn't pay me to go and watch them!

So, by the same logic, didn't Dundee lose their right to that place when they finished second in the First Division and failed to meet the criteria for promotion? So why do they "deserve the place more" than Dunfermline?

Dunfermline finished bottom of a league in which one of the clubs above them was guilty of cheating on massive scale. Dunfermline have been cheated; Dundee haven't. Under those circumstances, I'd have said it would have been perfectly fair to grant Dunfermline an amnesty from relegation.

Dunfermline had their chance to stay up, Rangers "cheating" goes well back over a decade so there was no direct impact on Dunfermline being relegated because of this. They finished bottom after 38 games so should be relegated, pure and simple.

It's a bit of a pointless discussion anyway as Dunfermline never applied for the vacant SPL place, Dundee did. It was a bit of a obvious decision but somehow took forever to sort

Dunfermline had their chance to stay up, Rangers "cheating" goes well back over a decade so there was no direct impact on Dunfermline being relegated because of this. They finished bottom after 38 games so should be relegated, pure and simple.

Sorry, but none of that demonstrates Dundee deserving the place more than Dunfermline, as the same points can apply to both clubs: Dundee had their chance to win their league, but failed; Dundee finished 2nd after 30-odd games so shouldn't be promoted, pure and simple. If you think that Dunfermline's performance over the course of the season means that they don't deserve the SPL place, then why do you not apply that same logic to Dundee?

What Rangers did had a direct impact on every SPL club. They were obtaining league positions, prize money and trophies that they had no right to obtain, because they were cheating. Take them out of the equation and everyone moves up a place (saving Dunfermline); take away the points that they obtained by cheating and they finish bottom of the league (saving Dunfermline); punish them with relegation (which failed to happen) and it also saves Dunfermline. Whichever way you look at it, Dunfermline are one of the biggest victims of Rangers' cheating.

Sure, Dunfermline failed last season, but they failed over the course of 38 matches which will be forever tainted because the league was not fairly contested (Rangers effectively ruined the entire SPL season for everyone and made it a historical write-off). The same cannot be said for Dundee. Dundee had an entirely fair chance to finish top of their league, on a level playing field, and they just weren't good enough. They should not be in the SPL.