Celtic V Saints (Again) Sun 11Th Nov 3Pm K-O

The ghost of Jim Morton

Thanks a bunch Dundee Utd :sad: Bad enough that we have to return to the Tattiedome so soon but given the failure of Celtic to claim all 3 point and the likely hood of a home defeat to Barca in midweek, we will go in against them on the back of two poor results( and we all know what happened last Tuesday)

Still , nothing to lose I suppose and everything to gain. What's the chances we might just get a simple 4-4-2?? Slim probably.

Got ma ticket yesterday though and I will be there to cheers the guys on even if I am not hopeful at all of anything other than a comprehensive gubbing.

Free game though as points cannot be budgeted from these matches.

Who's going( if anyone)

I wish other SPL teams would stop making Celtic annoyed before we play them. Last week killie won and we faced a Celtic side with something to prove and now United claw them back to a draw. The best thing that could happen is for Celtic to beat Barca on Wednesday that way there is a good chance they will still be buoyant, a big defeat then tehy will be out again with something to prove.

Miss this one due it being changed to Sunday and clashing with Scotland v All Blacks.

Got ma ticket yesterday though and I will be there to cheers the guys on even if I am not hopeful at all of anything other than a comprehensive gubbing.

You know my feelings on these games, so ticket will be picked up during the week. Makes the wins all the sweeter.

I suppose after so many games there where we'd be right in the match, we were always going to get a doing at some point but would hope we can get back to the level of performance we've shown there over past few seasons, when they've largely needed flukey crosses and referees to beat us. Two banks of four please Mr Lomas and we have the quality up top to trouble what is far from the greatest ever Celtic defence. We saw what Tade did to them in Perth but he needs support, whether it be from Vine, MacLean or Hasselbaink. Having Pawlett back would be a huge boost as he can get us from one end of the pitch to the other. Won't be popular but I've lost a bit of faith in Anderson at the moment, don't feel he's having a good season. If he does hold onto the jersey, he needs a decent performance.

Ideal team at this time would maybe be:

Mannus

Mackay - Anderson/McCracken - Wright - C Davidson

Pawlett - Millar - M Davidson - Craig

Tade - Vine/MacLean/Hasselbaink

Subbies: Tuffey, Miller, Robertson, Vine/MacLean/Hasselbaink, Vine/MacLean/Hasselbaink, Caddis, Kane.

Hopefully Celtic will leave Brown out as he's vital to them and feel they are a noticeably poorer team without him.

You know my feelings on these games, so ticket will be picked up during the week. Makes the wins all the sweeter.

I suppose after so many games there where we'd be right in the match, we were always going to get a doing at some point but would hope we can get back to the level of performance we've shown there over past few seasons, when they've largely needed flukey crosses and referees to beat us. Two banks of four please Mr Lomas and we have the quality up top to trouble what is far from the greatest ever Celtic defence. We saw what Tade did to them in Perth but he needs support, whether it be from Vine, MacLean or Hasselbaink. Having Pawlett back would be a huge boost as he can get us from one end of the pitch to the other. Won't be popular but I've lost a bit of faith in Anderson at the moment, don't feel he's having a good season. If he does hold onto the jersey, he needs a decent performance.

Ideal team at this time would maybe be:

Mannus

Mackay - Anderson/McCracken - Wright - C Davidson

Pawlett - Millar - M Davidson - Craig

Tade - Vine/MacLean/Hasselbaink

Subbies: Tuffey, Miller, Robertson, Vine/MacLean/Hasselbaink, Vine/MacLean/Hasselbaink, Caddis, Kane.

Hopefully Celtic will leave Brown out as he's vital to them and feel they are a noticeably poorer team without him.

Looking like it'll just be you and me Radders..You can get the bovrils in.. :wink:

Saints are going Four-Four-Phucking Two...I hope ..

IF there is no "winning mentality" installed into the management and playing staff for playing the "mighty Celts" then you have to start wondering WHY -IF the Celts are the "best" then it doesnt take much rocket science to come out and play out of yer skins......WE ARE capable of playing attractive and attacking football and we should get stuck into them right from the word go -Learn to pass a ball to the guy infront of you or beside you and NOT hit some stubid 40 yd diagonal crosssfield ball from a central defender to an attacking winger.

We seem to have this "mentality" that going to one of the "Glasgow 2" is going to end in a massive defeat and try to defend in our own half ---I (for one) would be happy to have end to end stuff with goal attempts / skirmishes /near misses wotever NOT sit back like some wounded animal waiting for the opposition to put us out of our misery - we cannot defend against Celtic when we play this way -SO get wired into the chunts .

Few injuries for Celtic now. And hopefully Barca will have then charging about like headless chickens all night and knacker them for sat. Tade can then batter the defence senseless and Vine will score another winner.

Not too interested how Celtic feel on Sat as long as they are still knacked on Sun. Mon the Poppies