Crowd At Home

David123

Absolutely shocking we cant get 3000 out for a home match especially against hearts when they must have had between 500-1000 supporters here

last 5 home matches -

Saints (2) v Heart of Midlothian (2)

Attendance [2,974]

Saints (0) v Hibernian (1)

Attendance [3,266]

Saints (1) v Ross County (1)

Attendance [3,037]

Saints (1) v Motherwell (3)

Attendance [3,112]

Saints (2) v Kilmarnock (1)

Attendance [3,113]

Just over 3000 on 4 times and under 3000 today

There appears to be an apathy throughout Perthshire towards the club at the moment. I think a number of fans have got out of the habit of coming to games and have found other interests instead of the football. The away supports have been lower this season with the club not having to open the North Stand on a number of occassions.

It's disappointing as the board has worked hard to target the local community and the standard of entertainment on offer has been good this season.

Stevie Broon .... was on Sportsound about 2:30 today promoting the cheap Ormond Stand deal (free kids). He was asked if we were making any money out of it and confessed that we were not and that despite trying to improve selling in the community not many people were responding. He did say that the intention was to attract future saints supporters and whilst we are not making money now the intention was to attract future saints fans.

Historically, the home fixtures around the last couple of weekends before Xmas have been poorly attended.

13th december last year Aberdeen ( granted, on a horrible Tuesday night) 1605

The previous year (2010) we had no Dec home games due to the shitty pitch and the even shittier weather.

Year before that , St Midden at home 19th Dec 2009 2993

Year before that, Morton (1st Division) 13th Dec 2008 2749

year before that Livi ( 1st Division) 22nd Dec 2007 2217

There appears to be an apathy throughout Perthshire towards the club at the moment. I think a number of fans have got out of the habit of coming to games and have found other interests instead of the football. The away supports have been lower this season with the club not having to open the North Stand on a number of occassions.

It's disappointing as the board has worked hard to target the local community and the standard of entertainment on offer has been good this season.

I agree, although I was there today I would say im one of the supporters who is out of the habit of going to game but this has been forced upon me by the a gate price of £22. When you take into account food & possibly a pre/post match pint you can be looking at £50 a weekend. Football in Scotland does not represent value for money. Fair enough the club have a reasonable adult/child price but as i've said in a few discussions tonight the majority of people attending football matches are adults. It was obviously going to be a poorer than usual attendance today with Christmas just around the corner but why not lower the gate prices for todays match to boost the numbers? Fair play to everyone that attends every week and is prepared to pay the money but from a one time regular attendee it's just not worth it for me anymore. will continue to go to about 3 or 4 games a season while the gate price is so high as will many others. just for the record this is not a dig at the club because the problem is far bigger than St. Johnstone, the SPL prices in general are pathetic for a very poor product

as a pay at the gate fan. I am lucky i can afford it as it would be the first thing i would cut back on if my cash was needed for other things. It is hard work passing over the notes when the team are playing average and not getting the wins. There have been a few recent results at home that frustrate more than please. Missed todays game as ill from the Christmas party on Friday night :) but have bought the two game ticket for the next games

Its embarrassing the number of folk who leave Perth each week to follow,follow Sevco and Celtic. But the catchment area of Perth and Kinross should still be more than enough to get a decent amount through the doors. Perhaps the damage was done in the dark days of Stark and Connolly.

Forget about the clowns that would rather travel through to Glasgow to watch a team they have no right to support, the club needs too concentrate on getting the armchair fans (which i am currently one of) back in the ground. no matter what anyone says £22 for an adult is the biggest barrier & until the price is a least realistic many people including me will continue to attend very few games if any at all

Said it before £10 for adults £5 for kids is the most we should be paying . We will end up part time sooner or later . Saints are losing loads of money and this will be the only outcome eventually . Cut cloth and downsize to other clubs our size like partick , airdrie and ayr .

Said it before £10 for adults £5 for kids is the most we should be paying . We will end up part time sooner or later . Saints are losing loads of money and this will be the only outcome eventually . Cut cloth and downsize to other clubs our size like partick , airdrie and ayr .

......................and play at that level, arfw, in the nether regions of Scottish football? Follow your team in the SPL and hope we establish ourselves there.

Can't get my breath!!