Player contracts and transfers

David123

Kelly had a contract until 2014 I believe. Afraid ability isn't the primary factor in fees nowadays.

His contract was up this summer. I think Killie would've been entitled to compensation though because he was under 24. If he has turned a new contract down, I'd expect him to leave in this window to be honest. I wouldn't be totally against losing him for nothing in the summer if the offer is below a certain amount as losing him might cost us at least 2 or 3 league placings, costing us quite a lot in prize money and top 6 games. Offer has to be right IMO.

His contract was up this summer. I think Killie would've been entitled to compensation though because he was under 24. If he has turned a new contract down, I'd expect him to leave in this window to be honest. I wouldn't be totally against losing him for nothing in the summer if the offer is below a certain amount as losing him might cost us at least 2 or 3 league placings, costing us quite a lot in prize money and top 6 games. Offer has to be right IMO.

Darn, just game here to clarify this exact point, having read about his contract on bbc. It is indeed due to the compensation that they negotiated a payment, so we would still be lucky to get anything for Muzz.

Would he really cost us a few places? We have a decent midfield, and his performances haven't been AMAZING, just not bad.

I think saints go with the line if you want him you give us 200k + add ons, he's as good a player as Kelly and that's what Killie got so same for us.

Shame to lose him, but we got 4 seasons out of a cracking young player and I for one was delighted to watch his development into a really good, dynamic midfielder. He's replaceable though, midfield is an area tere are always quality players in and tbh everyone in he league is going to lose at least 1 key player in te summer for nothing, rather get cash for ours now.

As said though, Killie would have been due a development fee for Kelly anyway, would they not, so City were always going to have to pay something? A club will be able to get Davidson for nothing in the summer. I'd be more interested in securing a percentage of his next fee than (what would be) a small lump sum now. A few seasons in England and if he does well he could be worth a couple of million. If Saints got 10% of that, it's probably more than we'd get now.

With the financial situation, Saints would need to accept a decent offer this month though.

I think saints go with the line if you want him you give us 200k + add ons, he's as good a player as Kelly and that's what Killie got so same for us.

Except it isn't the same, as Kelly is u24 so if Killie made an offer which matched his current salary then BC would have to pay compensation for him, so one assumes the 200k is a compromise reached. Murray is over 24, so as I understand it is free as a bird come May 31st (or whenever)

sorry - didnt see raford's post

Edited by Jiangsu Sainty

Who? I assume you mean the highly paid twitter user as that's all he has done down here!

That is always an issue I had with Jody, particularly when people were talking about him being potential manager material when Del left. If h ever wants to get into management, he needs to grow up one hell of a lot

Kelly was at MK Dons before Killie don't think they would have been due anything but was he not under contract til next season? Good luck to Muzz down south, been a good servant at the club and can't knock him for wanting to try a new challenge. Personally I'd rather he went now for 50k than for nothing in the summer but either way no hard feelings, Super Dave signing on is always good news

I actually think Liam Kelly is a very good player but sometimes goes unnoticed in games because the job he does isn't spectacular. Solid player seems to have improved his goalscoring this year.

Maybe that's because we have a decent record against Kilie over the last couple of years.

I wonder if the public nature of his fathers death (at last years League Cup final) means he wants to be closer to his family? Although if that was the case he could have gone in the summer.

Hello St's, long time with no posts.

Can you tell me what our new boy Liam Kelly is like?

We have heard nothing about Murray in BS3 but it wouldn't be a shock to see him down here.

He seems to me like a combative wee midfielder who'll win win plenty of tackles, but he doesn't seem to set up any goals nor does he get into the box all that much. He'll never miss a penalty either!

Kilmarnock fans seemed to adore him but I never really saw anything spectacular, maybe that's a good thing that I never noticed him though, as he wasn't making mistakes

And I'd imagine any Davidson to City deal is now dead after your signing of Kelly