Player contracts and transfers

David123

Absolutely criminal that a team of Saints' relative size are about to let our most valuable player of the last 15 year's to leave for free, with no future benefits from his career. With a bit of foresight any chairman would have known that 23-25 is the prime age for a developing young footballer to make his big move. He should have been signed on a 5 year deal when we had the chance. I don't care what anyone says about risk, and financial climate and all that rubbish. The worst Murray Davidson was ever going to achieve in his career was a captain of a top six SPL side. Where is the risk? Every single scout, coach and manager who has ever come across Murray has stated he can make it all the way to the very top. And I can tell you for a fact that at least one of England's traditional 'big five' have been to see Murray and knowing the Scottish connection at Liverpool and Man Utd I wouldn't be at all surprised if they have in his younger days aswell.

Although Murray had improved saints and we have been blessed with his presence, financially we have not achieved very much. No cup finals, one European match. No top three finish, no cup finals and no transfer and no future sell on/international appearance fees.

At least Goodwillie at United signed one more deal out of loyalty so the club could cash in.

I don't blame Murray at all, more poor foresight.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

Absolutely criminal that a team of Saints' relative size are about to let our most valuable player of the last 15 year's to leave for free, with no future benefits from his career. With a bit of foresight any chairman would have known that 23-25 is the prime age for a developing young footballer to make his big move. He should have been signed on a 5 year deal when we had the chance. I don't care what anyone says about risk, and financial climate and all that rubbish. The worst Murray Davidson was ever going to achieve in his career was a captain of a top six SPL side. Where is the risk? Every single scout, coach and manager who has ever come across Murray has stated he can make it all the way to the very top. And I can tell you for a fact that at least one of England's traditional 'big five' have been to see Murray and knowing the Scottish connection at Liverpool and Man Utd I wouldn't be at all surprised if they have in his younger days aswell.

Although Murray had improved saints and we have been blessed with his presence, financially we have not achieved very much. No cup finals, one European match. No top three finish, no cup finals and no transfer and no future sell on/international appearance fees.

At least Goodwillie at United signed one more deal out of loyalty so the club could cash in.

I don't blame Murray at all, more poor foresight.

But the Club have put a 2 year deal on the table for him.

If you were Murray would you have signed a 5 year contract 2 years ago? I would not have, He would have been silly to have done so from a financial point of view. He is now going to be in a position to sign for a club and command a favourable signing on fee.

Unless you bring a kid through the ranks and sell him pre 24 year old transfer fees are virtually a thing of the past.