Player contracts and transfers

David123

Out of contract at the end of the season.

I can't see them being promoted now, with a 3 point gap and Hamilton and Dundee still to play. I'm going to their Player of The Year night which McGinn will win every award. I will persuade him Perth is the place to be...

Edited by Honest Saints Fan

Gary miller also out of contract, it is likely he could leave, any ideas for replacements?

I would hope that Miller would be kept on. Depending on what the future holds for Frazer and Ando, with the possibility of Dave moving into the middle, then Miller could still see a decent amount of game time at right full back

Glad to see that Saints are working hard to tie up some of the players sooner rather than later. Steven MacLean deal doesn't sound far away from being done. Stevie is making positive comments. Cregg and Gary Miller have been spoken too, Nigel is waiting until end of season.

Plus Tommy talking about several younger players being part of the full team set up next season, so hopefully the likes of Kane and Rodger will get their chance. All this and the great work that Alistair Stevenson is doing is making me feel very happy at the prospect of next season. Would be great to top it off by being cup winners as that might also persuade some that they should remain at Perth and attract others to come here. Well done to all at St J FC who are making this a great year

Glad to see that Saints are working hard to tie up some of the players sooner rather than later. Steven MacLean deal doesn't sound far away from being done. Stevie is making positive comments. Cregg and Gary Miller have been spoken too, Nigel is waiting until end of season.

Plus Tommy talking about several younger players being part of the full team set up next season, so hopefully the likes of Kane and Rodger will get their chance. All this and the great work that Alistair Stevenson is doing is making me feel very happy at the prospect of next season. Would be great to top it off by being cup winners as that might also persuade some that they should remain at Perth and attract others to come here. Well done to all at St J FC who are making this a great year

Posted it else where but Kane, Gilchrist, Thompson and one other, possibly Rodger  are definitely   being promoted to 1st team Squad

Posted it else where but Kane, Gilchrist, Thompson and one other, possibly Rodger  are definitely   being promoted to 1st team Squad

Thanks Lark Saint, thought I had read something on here earlier. Think there was something either in the press or a website this week where Gareth Rodger was definitely mentioned by Tommy. I have been very impressed with Gareth when I have seen him play.

No Clark? I'd have thought he would be our back up next year after getting more or less a full season at QoS and with Banks getting ever closer to picking up his state pension.

No Clark? I'd have thought he would be our back up next year after getting more or less a full season at QoS and with Banks getting ever closer to picking up his state pension.

is he not out of contract at the end of the season though?

Wonder if hes been offered anything

Yeah, I suppose he will be as I think he's technically an overage player.

Don't mind my brain fart.

Nah, there's a few players in there that sort of fall between the two.  I guess Kane and Rodger must be a first team squad player in order to be out on loan, and Thomson must be a first team squad player since he came off the bench in the Utd game.  Hurst was backup keeper when Mannus was injured and Clark was out on loan, so I guess he must be listed as a first team squad member too.  I don't really understand the technicalities of registration etc, but I guess some paperwork must be required with the SFA for these reasons.

Nah, there's a few players in there that sort of fall between the two.  I guess Kane and Rodger must be a first team squad player in order to be out on loan, and Thomson must be a first team squad player since he came off the bench in the Utd game.  Hurst was backup keeper when Mannus was injured and Clark was out on loan, so I guess he must be listed as a first team squad member too.  I don't really understand the technicalities of registration etc, but I guess some paperwork must be required with the SFA for these reasons.

I dont think there is a difference.

The only difference is the type of contract a player has. All the players mentioned already had full time contracts, I think once you turn 16 you can sign "full time". In scotland you dont need to register a first team squad of 25 like in the Premier League in England.

No thanks.

Have seen Hemmings a couple of times and don't see any reason why we shouldn't go for him. Has not far single handedly kept Cowdenbeath in the running for staying up this year. Take out the fact who he used to play for and more folk would be keen on him!