Player contracts and transfers

David123

o'dea always looked decent for celtic but not sure if hes just one of their over rated youngsters ? at 27 hes a good age and with 20 international caps show he must be good but will also bump up his wage demands. could be a good long term replacement for fraser wright as hes getting on a bit

He played 12 minutes, at the age of 50, and spent the vast majority of his time at the club smoking and drinking constantly around the younger players. If anything it emphasises the point that these sort of signings are a complete farce, genuinely no idea why anyone would want their club to do something like that, totally pointless.

He played 12 minutes, at the age of 50, and spent the vast majority of his time at the club smoking and drinking constantly around the younger players. If anything it emphasises the point that these sort of signings are a complete farce, genuinely no idea why anyone would want their club to do something like that, totally pointless.

It's not pointless. It's incredible PR. The fact that I can recall who Garforth Town are 4 years down the line emphasises my point.

You ask any non St Johnstone fan to bring up any Saints related PR from the past and you'll get nothing, except maybe O'Boyle and Thomas.

It's not pointless. It's incredible PR. The fact that I can recall who Garforth Town are 4 years down the line emphasises my point.

You ask any non St Johnstone fan to bring up any Saints related PR from the past and you'll get nothing, except maybe O'Boyle and Thomas.

Recalling a fact doesn't generate real income though.

Only if you're an idiot. I'd rather we spent money on a player who'll help us make money through qualifying for Europe than bring in a retired 40 year old who'll ensure we're remembered by utter nobodies in five years time. The only PR it generates is that you're a joke, diddy, outfit, and it would be more negative than anything else. For all that "new" fans that could come along for the two or three games this "big name" played in before disappearing once he'd gone, you'd completely disillusion current fans who'd wonder why the **** you're spending their money on somebody who's never going to actually contribute anything.

FWIW Garthford are now run by an American College who bought them simply to give their students something to do, and have lost all their identity. If you want us to go down that route so you can see Ronaldhino play for us for 12 minutes then I worry.

Do not know if he is outside our budget (if we have one) but Darren O'Dea is looking for a club and currently training with Celtic. With our aging and injuries to central defenders, he could be a short time or perminent solution to our problem. He may be willing to sign untill January rather than not play at all.