Player contracts and transfers

David123

Like the new top better than the home one! Something different and quite smart. Three of us got one, and two of us the home one. Expensive couple of trips to Perth, including the petrol and Murray's the Bakers!!!

Juanma is exactly the type of player opposition fans hate.

If he played for us we'd love him, although even some of the Hearts' fans think he'd be better if he cut out the falling down stuff.

If 3 got one, and two got one home which one does not have a strip?

Was it the one that went to Murrays? :laugh:  :laugh:

Danny Swanson seems to have had a mixed pre-season with Coventry, and will miss the next game with a groin strain. Coventry have confirmed they plan on signing at least one winger too. Think if does become available, which seems to be looking like it might be likely, then we'll have to wait another two weeks to find out.

See what you have done here is classic 'PC gone mad' maneuvering of the goalposts and described a situation that has absolutely no relevance to the situation. FWIW even Brad McKay himself has retweeted a couple of things that suggests he knows 'typical foreigner' was not a wise choice of phrase. It's not a huge deal, but it certainly doesn't reflect particularly well on him and I'm sure he will watch his turn of phrase in future.

Understood, and considered without context 'typical foreigner' is a bit of a dodgy generalisation. It was a comment by a footballer about footballers though, not a sweeping generalisation about people.

I stand down though.

Understood, and considered without context 'typical foreigner' is a bit of a dodgy generalisation. It was a comment by a footballer about footballers though, not a sweeping generalisation about people. .

I do agree with what you've written here. But footballers are under constant scrutiny where everything they say is twisted to cause controversy, so he shouldn't have said it. Pretty sure we are on same page.

Transfers eh?

News that Mehdi Abeid is being released from Newcastle. German side Fortuna Dusseldorf apparantely interested. If the Swanson deal never happened I would be very happy if Saints looked into this. A very creative player and I thought he was great to watch when he was on loan with us

Edited by ss75990

News that Mehdi Abeid is being released from Newcastle. German side Fortuna Dusseldorf apparantely interested. If the Swanson deal never happened I would be very happy if Saints looked into this. A very creative player and I thought he was great to watch when he was on loan with us

I think he's out of our price range. Was really impressive during his loan spell with us. Injured just when he had settled &  was beginning to show his potential.

See what you have done here is classic 'PC gone mad' maneuvering of the goalposts and described a situation that has absolutely no relevance to the situation. FWIW even Brad McKay himself has retweeted a couple of things that suggests he knows 'typical foreigner' was not a wise choice of phrase. It's not a huge deal, but it certainly doesn't reflect particularly well on him and I'm sure he will watch his turn of phrase in future.

Compliance officer now involved. Hope the club back him as it is obviously just a misplaced comment.

I hope the club don't embarrass themselves by backing him.

As discussed before his comments weren't vile or heinous but they were the kind of thing that they need to clamp down on footballers as role models saying.

The club would look like fools backing him, and he doesn't need much backing as I'd expect the punishment will fit the trifling nature of the crime.

One or two games max, if that

As discussed before his comments weren't vile or heinous but they were the kind of thing that they need to clamp down on footballers as role models saying.

The club would look like fools backing him, and he doesn't need much backing as I'd expect the punishment will fit the trifling nature of the crime.

PC world gone nuts,not worth more than slap on wrist

He wis spot on abbot Juanma. Also, in my experieince diving (and other theatrics) is more common amongst players who come here from elsewhere.

To those hand wringers concerned about his phraseology I say - get a life boys there are more important things to worry about. The bloke probably feels more hurt about being called a diver than a foreigner - the former is contentious whereas the latter is clearly not.

Are you kidding? Am I being whooshed?

This type of political correctness really irks me. Anyone who was offended by his comments really needs to go have a sit down and assess what's important in their lives. It's a farce. In fact, it's typical of today's society. People are so sensitive.

Is it common place in leagues abroad that players dive?

Anyone who's watched Spanish football knows this to be true. Therefore his comments are accurate. Move on.

Thought we'd been over this on previous page.

No-one is actually offended by what he said. Media and white-knights love to deem this kind of thing offensive, therefore he shouldn't have said it.

Saints could try and 'back him' but in doing so would be deemed as turning it into an argument about whether it offensive or not, but in the media climate we have someone somewhere will try and blame or label them too, with no regard the actual merits or whether anyone is actually offended.

What I said was that seeing as the punishment, if any, will be very minor, Saints shouldn't take that risk of bad PR by 'backing him'. Just let the tiny punishment come and be done with it.

Nowhere did I say I was offended or that I want political correctness. Seems you've just seen what you want to soee