Player contracts and transfers

David123

Brad McKay with a defensive error to cost Dunfermline a win in League One tonight...

According to the bloke I know who is a Pars fan, Brad has been responsible for a number of goals they have conceded recently. They have gone on to score several themselves, so it hasn't hurt their title chase.

Brad McKay with a defensive error to cost Dunfermline a win in League One tonight...

From a discussion with someone that was at te game last night they thought Brad did well and has been doing so since he arrived there.

Also what you fail to say rtandom is that Brad headered the ball but there was a number of other attempts before the goal was scored so a bit harsh saying it was his error that led to the goal.

"Unfortunately the lead that had taken Dunfermline so long to create lasted just one more minute. Hopkirk was deemed to have fouled Georgiev wide right outside the Pars penalty area. The free kick didn’t look too troublesome but McKay’s defensive header from close to the byeline was weak allowing Rovers to pick the ball up inside the box. As the Pars defence tried desperately to clear the ball broke to DAVIDSON who shot home from eight yards."

From a discussion with someone that was at te game last night they thought Brad did well and has been doing so since he arrived there.

Also what you fail to say rtandom is that Brad headered the ball but there was a number of other attempts before the goal was scored so a bit harsh saying it was his error that led to the goal.

"Unfortunately the lead that had taken Dunfermline so long to create lasted just one more minute. Hopkirk was deemed to have fouled Georgiev wide right outside the Pars penalty area. The free kick didn’t look too troublesome but McKay’s defensive header from close to the byeline was weak allowing Rovers to pick the ball up inside the box. As the Pars defence tried desperately to clear the ball broke to DAVIDSON who shot home from eight yards."

He headed a ball that was heading out back into the box

Brad is typical of many at saints they are judged on the few/part off games they play, others can be shite for many games yet never get dropped and always play, Scobbie at the start of the season took many games to get to where he is now consistent rather than brilliant, Fischer has been giving games and like Scobbie has settled to be consistent not brilliant, Macca, Wotherspoon, Lappin, the same, yet Brown, Brad, Kane even Caddis dropped like a hot stone if they did not perform on the scraps of game time they got.         

Brad is typical of many at saints they are judged on the few/part off games they play, others can be shite for many games yet never get dropped and always play, Scobbie at the start of the season took many games to get to where he is now consistent rather than brilliant, Fischer has been giving games and like Scobbie has settled to be consistent not brilliant, Macca, Wotherspoon, Lappin, the same, yet Brown, Brad, Kane even Caddis dropped like a hot stone if they did not perform on the scraps of game time they got.         

Precisely Centre Half what I have been banging on about, especially over Caddis never given a decent wee run in the team 10 / 15 mins run out on the bench or not even in the squad sat in the stand, asked Caddis once you injured no he replied why you not playing / in the squad shrug off the shoulders stock answer ask the manager, demoralising, same with Brown  played 45 minutes taken off dont think he has been near the squad since ?

Precisely Centre Half what I have been banging on about, especially over Caddis never given a decent wee run in the team 10 / 15 mins run out on the bench or not even in the squad sat in the stand, asked Caddis once you injured no he replied why you not playing / in the squad shrug off the shoulders stock answer ask the manager, demoralising, same with Brown  played 45 minutes taken off dont think he has been near the squad since ?

Well of course, it's not as if the manager sees these guys performing and training every day or anything like that.

We get to see them play for a few minutes in a game, but that's not even half the picture. We don't see them train. We don't see their attitude. We don't see whether they work hard or not. We don't see whether or not they're lazy bastards. We don't see if they're constantly late. We don't see if they can't grasp the tactics. We don't see if they're struggling with the system that we play. There's so much more.

Yes TW is guilty of having his favourites, every manager is, and it can be frustrating, but you've got to assume that if these guys aren't getting regular game time then there's a good reason.

Lappin played pretty well yesterday. He has done reasonably well in three or four other matches this season. 'Superb' is an overstatement IMO. At this stage, I'm not sure if he or Liam merit new contracts.

As for Brad McKay, two or three Dunfermline fans have told me that he's made a number of costly mistakes in recent weeks. This also seems to be a common opinion amongst a lot of Pars fans on Pie & Bovril (whose opinions should be taken just as seriously as any other supporters). It doesn't bode well. If a young player is good enough, he'll receive my full backing. As of now, I've not seen any evidence to back this up. I don't believe he'll be a Saints player next year. If he is, I hope he proves me wrong.

To be fair on Caddis Sixties he never really seemed to do well when out on loan either, I am no sure if he is getting a game for Alloa at the minute either, a shame as their is a player in there somewhere.   

I'd let Craig and Lappin go. Lappin has his moments but should never have been given a 2 year deal, never mind renewing it again

I must be watching different games from some on here. For me Lappin has consistently performed well, linking up play, back tracking and lending a hand in defense not to mention his free kicks and dangerous corners. I'd offer him an extension in a heartbeat.

Well of course, it's not as if the manager sees these guys performing and training every day or anything like that.

We get to see them play for a few minutes in a game, but that's not even half the picture. We don't see them train. We don't see their attitude. We don't see whether they work hard or not. We don't see whether or not they're lazy bastards. We don't see if they're constantly late. We don't see if they can't grasp the tactics. We don't see if they're struggling with the system that we play. There's so much more.

Yes TW is guilty of having his favourites, every manager is, and it can be frustrating, but you've got to assume that if these guys aren't getting regular game time then there's a good reason.

A lot of what you say is true I was more thinking of first team appearances and how some players seem to survive being shite yet others seem to just get one thing wrong and they are quickly withdrawn from action, think of Cummings against PT last week hooked at half time for seemingly  missing his chance, yet Macca can miss penalty's and always gets a game,     

A lot of what you say is true I was more thinking of first team appearances and how some players seem to survive being shite yet others seem to just get one thing wrong and they are quickly withdrawn from action, think of Cummings against PT last week hooked at half time for seemingly  missing his chance, yet Macca can miss penalty's and always gets a game,     

Are you saying you judge Macca's (or anyone elses) performance on their ability to score a penalty?

Macca links the play up consistently well.....Cummins has been poor, particularly so against Partick, since his return. Deserved the hook.

Are you saying you judge Macca's (or anyone elses) performance on their ability to score a penalty?

Macca links the play up consistently well.....Cummins has been poor, particularly so against Partick, since his return. Deserved the hook.

Not what I am saying or suggesting really, just that some get a bit more leeway than others, Cummings goes through misses a chance in your words gets hooked, Macca missed two easier chances (the penalty's) yet nothing is said/done about it, Brad makes a couple of howlers dropped, loaned out never maybe seen again. Scobbie at the start of the season was shocking yet he played through it and he is now consistent as I said previously. That was all said.