Player contracts and transfers

David123

One injury = a crock?

Think this could potentially be a very shrewd signing. As I posted on the wonderfully insightful 'St. Johnstone Banter' Facebook page, Tommy has been trying to sign him for a long time. An outstanding goal-scoring record in Northern Ireland led to last season's Peterborough move. A serious injury unfortunately ruled him out for almost the entirety of last season, so he hasn't made an impact in England yet. Hopefully he can remain fit. As far as I'm aware, there's no other evidence of him being particularly injury-prone during his career so far!

Sure we'll all be satisfied if he can make a Liam Boyce-esque impact in this league.

Guest ScottMann

I suppose getting one of their players match fit for them is returning a favour to Peterborough after they resisted young Brown's hand biting over the Stevie May fee.

Initially underwhelming but let's see what happens.

I suppose getting one of their players match fit for them is returning a favour to Peterborough after they resisted young Brown's hand biting over the Stevie May fee.

Initially underwhelming but let's see what happens.

524 posts so far. Maybe I'll agree with a couple of your future ones.

Edited by The Real Saints

potentially a good signing in my opinion.  As others have said one injury does not mean injury prone.  Disappointing thing is that it doesn't sound like the kind of loan deal that might be extended or become permanent - more a means for him to get fit and return to his parent club.  But on the flip side, we get a decent player on a shoestring.  

I suppose it is a bit much to ask to find a Stevie May every season, but I guess we were spoilt.

Edited by montrosesaintee

Guest ScottMann

Nothing against you whatsoever, good sir. Everyone has different opinions. I will definitely let you know when I agree with something you say.

I don't know what point you're trying to make but I really couldn't care less if you ever agreed with me or not. What strange posts to make.

I don't know what point you're trying to make but I really couldn't care less if you ever agreed with me or not. What strange posts to make.

I don't think it's particularly strange - on an internet messageboard designed for debate - to tell someone that you don't agree with them. I wrote a second post because I was concerned that my initial one may have come across as being rude. I just wanted to make it clear that I never meant to cause any offence. As you 'couldn't care less', I'm reassured to find out that I haven't offended you in the slightest. Glad to clear things up. 

Guest ScottMann

I don't think it's particularly strange - on an internet messageboard designed for debate - to tell someone that you don't agree with them. I wrote a second post because I was concerned that my initial one may have come across as being rude. I just wanted to make it clear that I never meant to cause any offence. As you 'couldn't care less', I'm reassured to find out that I haven't offended you in the slightest. Glad to clear things up. 

Embarrassing stuff. Please don't reply any further, go and attention seek somewhere else and stop ruining the thread.

One can live in hope that the lads scoring record in Ireland means he can play a bit but as someone posted  a few pages back,  whatever happened to Stephen Ryenolds??

Has he had a pre season?? Is he fit to go Now??

Lets hope he's  a goal machine which would show our manager kens a decent player when he sees one.  Can he play at the back?? LAUGH OUT LOUD

One can live in hope that the lads scoring record in Ireland means he can play a bit but as someone posted  a few pages back,  whatever happened to Stephen Ryenolds??

Has he had a pre season?? Is he fit to go Now??

Lets hope he's  a goal machine which would show our manager kens a decent player when he sees one.  Can he play at the back?? LAUGH OUT LOUD

Stephen Reynolds fell out of love with the game. Nothing to do with ability. He just decided that he wanted a change of career. As far as I'm aware, his impressive scoring record was solely as a youth player. There's not much of a comparison that can be made between Reynolds and Gormley.

I think Gormley's had a pre-season. Fairly sure he was actually on the bench for Peterborough a couple of weeks ago.

Edited by The Real Saints

Stephen Reynolds fell out of love with the game. Nothing to do with ability. He just decided that he wanted a change of career. As far as I'm aware, his impressive scoring record was solely as a youth player. There's not much of a comparison that can be made between Reynolds and Gormley.

I think Gormley's had a pre-season. Fairly sure he was actually on the bench for Peterborough last week.

well given 61 of the lads  strikes came for an Ammy team in an ammy league I  would disagree..  If he has had a pre season  then that's great..  He seems to have had 4 minutes game time this season. benched  another two games..

Ghostie has gotten a bit negative these days.

Has he been black balled from The Secret 7?

You must be well out of the loop .. The secret 7 or 10 or whatever number it was, ceased to exist a while back. And  I  withdrew from it even longer ago.  ;-) 

I am not being negative  IMO, I am just asking the kinda questions you would expect a fan to ask.. I hope the guys phucking red hot lightning and scores a  shite load of goals but I am not taking it on blind faith because he scored a barrel load in Ireland.  The manager  thinks he can do a job and that for now is good enough for me but he will  still have to prove he can be actually knocking the goals in. If that happens  you can rest assured I will be dephuckinlighted..