Player contracts and transfers

David123

We don't appear to be training as much at Stirling as we used to. Possibly only Tuesday and Thursday.

Surely with a bit of thought Saints and Perth College UHI (or the schools in Perth)could get together and come up with some sort of acceptable training facilities, that would be beneficial to everyone.

Surely with a bit of thought Saints and Perth College UHI (or the schools in Perth)could get together and come up with some sort of acceptable training facilities, that would be beneficial to everyone.

It does help the Glasgow/Edinburgh based players and is probably used as a bit of a lure when signing players who don't want to live in Perth.

Guest ScottMann

It was mentioned on Sportsound on Saturday that he's been training with us. Think it was Biscuits who said it.

I didn't realise that thanks. That's promising anyway.

Sure I read somewhere that Bikey was signed as an amateur at Stirling Albion as a French club is demanding a transfer fee, possibly about £40,000, if he was to move elsewhere.

if true, I'd guess that would rule us out of getting him.

The complacency of Brown & Wright beggers believe. Eastie being linked with Aberdeen & others. Joe being linked with Dundee etc.

We are near the end of the window & we could have half a team that are on pre contracts with others or are away on small fees,leaving us short of players.

The complacency of Brown & Wright beggers believe. Eastie being linked with Aberdeen & others. Joe being linked with Dundee etc.

We are near the end of the window & we could have half a team that are on pre contracts with others or are away on small fees,leaving us short of players.

Yeah, I very much get the vibe that we won the cup in 2014 by chance, we've ridden the wave for a bit, and now it's time to revert back to what we REALLY are, somewhere around the bottom of the premiership, top of the championship level.  I know we aren't ever going to throw money at players to try and compete with bigger clubs with established bigger fan bases, but there are different degrees of risk. £40k on a young talent who could be the next £1m sale is surely little different to signing a 16 year old on £10k a year in the youth system and hoping he breaks through by the age of 20?  Spending £500k on an established striker is another level of risk altogether, as the potential return is finite. 

I mean, where would we be if we HADN'T sold May and O'Halloran?  Where's the next profitable sale coming from?

It's ok Cagey.....using the previous 568 pages as a guide, I confidently predict that nothing posted in this thread will ever happen.

TW has already stated that he wants both to stay.You can't really put any blame on him as he will have had little or no involvement in the negotiations.Where did all this come from ? Buying clubs hardly ever reveal that they are interested in a player in case it alerts others.Saints would not have revealed it so it probably came from their agents.If Aberdeen and Dundee(who can both offer bigger money) want them then why have they not just signed them up on pre contracts ?I think it's more likely that both want to stay but their agents are trying to bump up the money a bit.Also it helps if the fans get a bit stirred up at the prospect of losing players doesn't it ??

Edited by lang toon saintie

At this time of year the agents make stuff up and leak it to the press. Most of it is just negotiating horseshit which grows arms and legs once the gutter press run it. Finally, some of it comes from clubs who want to try to unsettle players from other teams, for whatever reason. Let's judge Tommy and Steve at the end of the window, the real business doesn't get done through the press or this website.

agree entirely with baby chunder . Just because their is no news does not mean that Saints are not trying hard to resign several players. At the end of the day we have to be realistic and work within our budget. If Aberdeen are interested in Easton then it will be very hard for saints to match their offer .  

Yeah, I very much get the vibe that we won the cup in 2014 by chance, we've ridden the wave for a bit, and now it's time to revert back to what we REALLY are, somewhere around the bottom of the premiership, top of the championship level.  I know we aren't ever going to throw money at players to try and compete with bigger clubs with established bigger fan bases, but there are different degrees of risk. £40k on a young talent who could be the next £1m sale is surely little different to signing a 16 year old on £10k a year in the youth system and hoping he breaks through by the age of 20?  Spending £500k on an established striker is another level of risk altogether, as the potential return is finite. 

I mean, where would we be if we HADN'T sold May and O'Halloran?  Where's the next profitable sale coming from?

Think your forgetting Clark our young exciting keeper 

I'm not sure the way forward for us is buying established players. We should expect a mix of youth coming through the ranks or signed for no or low fee at the start of their career. That said, many will not work out but there is usually a Stevie May or two among them. EDIT - meant to say, that young Dylan Bikey would be a good one to bring in.

Edited by babychunder