Player contracts and transfers

David123

Random u are being a d--k. Millar not even on bench tonight. He wasn't injured on Saturday. He is done. 

Against partick. Couldn't chase back, tackle, strike a pass. His man scored. 

Against killie couldn't chase back, tackle (faced up but they just went by him), strike a pass. 

Agree we need better than Paton, but will have to wait till next season

Total shite - he was excellent against County. 

I'm not really getting the Paton hate either now. One of a about 4 decent performances in yellow last night. 

I'm not one for overreaction, but some reliable pros, like Ando, were dire and have been more than once this season. That worries me more than a pathological dislike of Paton.

Why?

It was just a question. I am unsure but he seems to be off the boil & getting caught in possession too often.

It may be the uncertainty around his contract but he doesn't seem the the same player at the moment.

On his game Danny is a top player but we haven't seen that for some time & wonder if he has reverted to the player he was at Hearts.

It was just a question. I am unsure but he seems to be off the boil & getting caught in possession too often.

It may be the uncertainty around his contract but he doesn't seem the the same player at the moment.

On his game Danny is a top player but we haven't seen that for some time & wonder if he has reverted to the player he was at Hearts.

He's been affected by injury recently and a possibly by a bereavement as well.

I'm sure he'll bounce back to form. 

If the contract is sorted out and  both parties are happy then I'd like him to stay. 

I'm not sure we'd get anything like his quality in again easily.

Paton for me is a player that knows his own strengths and weaknesses and I would never doubt his effort or commitment.

To be part of an effective team though, he needs certain types of players around him

A sound and fair assessment imo.

Far better than the general.....Image result for hysteria gif

Guest ScottMann

I'm not really getting the Paton hate either now. One of a about 4 decent performances in yellow last night. 

I'm not one for overreaction, but some reliable pros, like Ando, were dire and have been more than once this season. That worries me more than a pathological dislike of Paton.

The guy was doomed before he even joined us and not all for football reasons. As Rik says, it really is embarrassing at times.

Seems to be performing at a pace he is comfortable with at the moment.

Not fit to play 2 games per week.

Now a free weekend, so expect him to play some part in the next game. 

The worry is Hoodlum that he isn't really fit to play at all. Like I said in previous post, he is clearly struggling to track opposing CM's when other team counter, is pulling out of challenges and is struggling to get distance on the ball

He's still good at making space, close contact tackles, wee passes, but the aforementioned things are costing us goals

The worry is Hoodlum that he isn't really fit to play at all. Like I said in previous post, he is clearly struggling to track opposing CM's when other team counter, is pulling out of challenges and is struggling to get distance on the ball

He's still good at making space, close contact tackles, wee passes, but the aforementioned things are costing us goals

Nail, head! Ed.

Mannus and Scobbie both to go, along with the money from presumably Smith, Gormleys wages and the youngsters should be enough to bring in another 3/4 players. Mannus will be on a hefty wedge id bet and if Swanson goes then it'll be more. I think we're needing a centreback, midfielder and striker, so just a whole new core to the team then! Easy peasy. 

In an ideal world you'd pick up Liam Lindsey, Greg Tansey and Liam Boyce. In a realistic world we'll get nowhere near that. 

Mannus and Scobbie both to go, along with the money from presumably Smith, Gormleys wages and the youngsters should be enough to bring in another 3/4 players. Mannus will be on a hefty wedge id bet and if Swanson goes then it'll be more. I think we're needing a centreback, midfielder and striker, so just a whole new core to the team then! Easy peasy. 

In an ideal world you'd pick up Liam Lindsey, Greg Tansey and Liam Boyce. In a realistic world we'll get nowhere near that. 

Danny Galbraith, Aiden Connelly more like :wink:

Tanseys out of contract this Summer, I certainly wouldn't suggest we couldn't sign him, although I'd imagine bigger clubs would be interested and capable of paying more. Hes a superb player, but a lack of pace might see some teams put off him, while Aberdeen could end up chasing Christie instead.

Ainsworth, Dicker, Pawlett and Schalk are all out of contract. I wouldn't mind us going after M'voto at Raith either, a big b****** of a centre half.

Jason Kerr is our biggest CH prospect, I've never been convinced by Gordon, tbh, seems to lack something.

M'voto is based purely on the fact most Championship fans seem to mention him winning physical battles in game against Raith. He'd likely be on less wages than Scobbie.

I dont see a great need to add more defenders to the squad. If the likes of Kerr & Gordon (even Gilchrist) are to have a chance then we should let the likes of Scobbie go and give them the opportunity to impress.

For me a fair amount of defensive problems would be sorted with a defensively minded midfielder. Craig/Wotherspoon/Alston are not going to do that job (even Davidson isnt great at that) and there is a distinct lack of anyone willing to put a foot in in the midfield as a result our defence comes under pressure and Anderson & Joe are made to look poor as a result.

Oh and a mobile striker would be good as well.

Should we let Danny go.

I wouldn't be upset. He's been poor for months, never been a real admirer to be honest... It's that bad we don't even see him diving anymore... He always dived in his United days.  Now he's getting fouled and no protection from the ref, seems to hide at times.  The old skool, hit him early philosophy, he'll not want to play.

I wouldn't be upset. He's been poor for months, never been a real admirer to be honest... It's that bad we don't even see him diving anymore... He always dived in his United days.  Now he's getting fouled and no protection from the ref, seems to hide at times.  The old skool, hit him early philosophy, he'll not want to play.

To me Swanson looks frustrated, saw in a good few games Swanson barking at others for not making a run etc and ends up trying to do everything himself. He probably kens the game is gonna be a shite fest and get booted off the park..