Player contracts and transfers

David123

Onwards and upwards for Saints. Time for some our players to step up to make their mark and hopefully we can unearth a wee gem of a player from somewhere else who wants a chance to play regularly. My last comments on the Danny situation is perhaps he is a player that can only handle being at a club for a couple of years and then moves. Anyway I've enjoyed his skills when he produced them but it wasn't to be that he stayed with us.

Glad to see that no one else has made stupid crass comments re breakdowns and standing at the Clyde. Depression and mental health issues are not laughing matters and can hit anyone, there are many players who suffer in silence and no wonder if that is how they are view by some supporters. 

Onwards and upwards for Saints. Time for some our players to step up to make their mark and hopefully we can unearth a wee gem of a player from somewhere else who wants a chance to play regularly. My last comments on the Danny situation is perhaps he is a player that can only handle being at a club for a couple of years and then moves. Anyway I've enjoyed his skills when he produced them but it wasn't to be that he stayed with us.

Glad to see that no one else has made stupid crass comments re breakdowns and standing at the Clyde. Depression and mental health issues are not laughing matters and can hit anyone, there are many players who suffer in silence and no wonder if that is how they are view by some supporters. 

Can't but help feel Saints are culpable in all of this! I hate anyone slagging current players, it's ok for us we just part with hard earned cash and have a choice whether to do this or not,  but this is a living for the players. I defy that anyone would turn up their nose to a wage increase.. it was reported that what Swanson wanted & what the club had to offer weren't too far apart so I don't think Swanson was being particularly greedy. I know that there are wage restraints but I am sure bonuses, etc could be written in for goal scoring, appearances etc. It is sad he wouldn't have cost us anything and I doubt we will attract anyone better. I see it as a massive missed opportunity but do not blame Swanson one bit. Disappointed yes...COYS 

Swanson was great up to the transfer window because he wanted to get a precontract then elsewhere. He's been poor since, irrespective of external factors. 

If we were close in terms of salary and length of contract then why would saints agree to his demands? He's gotten what he wanted, no real loss. 

Simply put, Danny Swanson doesn't give the club what we expect in terms of being highest paid player and/or breaking salary budgets. 

I'm sure we could find a replacement no problems. 

Guest ScottMann

Can't but help feel Saints are culpable in all of this! 

Have to disagree. Obviously we aren't party to the facts but from what's be said and done, or not done, over the last few months I can only come to the impression Swanson's played a blinder stringing Saints along until the Hibs offer came in. Still, the king's dead, long live the king and all that.

Have to disagree. Obviously we aren't party to the facts but from what's be said and done, or not done, over the last few months I can only come to the impression Swanson's played a blinder stringing Saints along until the Hibs offer came in. Still, the king's dead, long live the king and all that.

Yes agree and similar to the last fiasco when he signed for Hearts.  Probably be the same senario but doubt that we would again reprieve his career.

Simply put, Danny Swanson doesn't give the club what we expect in terms of being highest paid player and/or breaking salary budgets. 

I'm sure we could find a replacement no problems. 

Really? We would have no problem replacing Swanson?? Come on!

For every Danny Swanson or Michael O'Halloran there is ten or twenty Cleveland Taylor, Rowan Vine, Jennison Myrie Williams..

Our top scorer this season, entertaining player when he's on form, yeah he'll be missed. If he plays in the next five games then he'll certainly have my support, if he doesn't feature again then good luck to him.

We've plenty young lads and seasoned pro's looking for a start in midfield so we won't go short.

When we all look back on the "Tommy Wright" years, then Danny will be remembered as one among many.

Kenny Miller would still be a good signing, but you'd imagine he'd still be on a decent wedge. Be surprised if Rangers did allow him to leave though, he's easily been their best player from what I've seen. 

You would have thought he would have had an offer by now. As you say he has been their best player.

No way he will be with Saints next season.

Is anyone that surprised Danny is going,he did the same thing when saints got his career back on track after his loan spell, saints helped get his contact cancelled then he went to hearts.would rather have eleven players who play for the team,i for one won't be cheering him,he has been cloak and dagger about his contact for ages.lets be honest he has known for ages there has been a contract at hibs,let's give the kids etc a chance.