Player contracts and transfers

David123

Meekings and Ainsworth are great shouts, although ones had injury problems and the others very inconsistent. 

Schalk is out of our price range, sadly. 

Replacing Swanson with Thomson is a mental suggestion. The same folk last week bleating about not judging him after 580 minutes of poor football are now judging him on 25 minutes of good football. If he could maintain that level then fine, but I don't think even if he does that he'd be close to Swanson 

I suspect Andreu is out of our range unfortunately, but I'd bite your hand off for him. 

Stevie Mallan must be one of the most coveted players in Scotland, he'll be away down south for sure, although I suspect we could offer something St Mirren would consider. 

St Mirren wanted £200k for Mallan last Summer, while Barnsley had a £100k bit turned down six months ago, and he's seemingly been brilliant for them since January. 

We cant afford him. 

I disagree. I don't think their £200k will have changed much,  since he's got a year less on his deal. Throw in 10% sell on clause and they'd most likely take it. We can afford him, quite easily and he's the sort of player you'd sell on because he'll use us as a stepping stone. 

Im not saying we will sign him or even bid, but the notion we couldn't afford him is yet more hyperbolic, sensationalist pish from yourself as usual. Even if it was a higher fee, saints can easily afford it, they may not want to pay it, but to say we can't afford him is utter bollocks. 

As much as we have the money in the bank, there is absolutely no chance Tommy will be given that kind of money to splash on one player. This is the first summer in a while where I can actually see transfer fees being sanctioned by the board - considering our league placing and the teams we have competing in the top flight -  but £200k on one player would give Steve a coronary.

Guest ScottMann

Hunter is definitely away according to good source , bad attitude given as reason

That's surprising if true as he seemed a level headed, intelligent guy when we signed him if memory serves me well. Disappointing. 

Also heard from a reliable source that Kano's in Tommy's bad books - apparently there was interest in him from a League 1 club and supposedly travelled down to London at 5am, only to come back the same night.

He even snapchatted saying something along the lines of: "London bound".

Hope it's not true as I feel Kano still has the potential to be a regular in the squad in the next few seasons, although at this stage, it's unclear if he'll reach decent heights unless something dramatic happens - or he'll just be one of many average Scottish players in the lower leagues of England, who can't get a big team in the SPFL.

I disagree. I don't think their £200k will have changed much,  since he's got a year less on his deal. Throw in 10% sell on clause and they'd most likely take it. We can afford him, quite easily and he's the sort of player you'd sell on because he'll use us as a stepping stone. 

Im not saying we will sign him or even bid, but the notion we couldn't afford him is yet more hyperbolic, sensationalist pish from yourself as usual. Even if it was a higher fee, saints can easily afford it, they may not want to pay it, but to say we can't afford him is utter bollocks. 

Well yes, we have the money to pay for him, but I also have enough money to buy ten PS4, but it's not something I can actually do. 

Well yes, we have the money to pay for him, but I also have enough money to buy ten PS4, but it's not something I can actually do. 

That's not what you've said though is it?

You've quite categorically stated that we can't afford Mallan which is simply wrong, unless he costs sereral million. We could if we wanted to sign him. 

Also heard from a reliable source that Kano's in Tommy's bad books - apparently there was interest in him from a League 1 club and supposedly travelled down to London at 5am, only to come back the same night.

Hope it's not true as I feel Kano still has the potential to be a regular in the squad in the next few seasons, although at this stage, it's unclear if he'll reach decent heights unless something dramatic happens - or he'll just be one of many average Scottish players in the lower leagues of England, who can't get a big team in the SPFL.

If a clubs speaking to Kane without our permission then theyll be reported as it's an illegal approach, and we'll take them to court over it. 

I await this become a headline story.... 

That's not what you've said though is it?

You've quite categorically stated that we can't afford Mallan which is simply wrong, unless he costs sereral million. We could if we wanted to sign him. 

You realise "afford" has a few definitions don't you? We can't afford to spend £200k on one transfer fee as it'll affect the rest of the budget

You realise "afford" has a few definitions don't you? We can't afford to spend £200k on one transfer fee as it'll affect the rest of the budget

Affords definition is to have enough money to pay for. We can afford it without affecting the budget, we just won't. 

Just accept you're wrong no matter what way you try and justify it. I've never once said we'll pay it, but to suggest we can afford him is and I'll say it again, blatantly wrong. 

You're not the all seeing messiah of saints financial situation and frankly I'm back to being fed up with you spouting made up, speculative figures on here, which are quite frankly nonsense. It's time you got called out on this self proclaimed guru aura you try and present. You're as clueless as the rest of us into all of this. 

Affords definition is to have enough money to pay for. We can afford it without affecting the budget, we just won't. 

Just accept you're wrong no matter what way you try and justify it. I've never once said we'll pay it, but to suggest we can afford him is and I'll say it again, blatantly wrong. 

You're not the all seeing messiah of saints financial situation and frankly I'm back to being fed up with you spouting made up, speculative figures on here, which are quite frankly nonsense. It's time you got called out on this self proclaimed guru aura you try and present. You're as clueless as the rest of us into all of this. 

Any figures I mention are ones that have been reported elsewhere, it's not something I've ever denied. I've no idea why you've decided its worth a massive rant, nor why you think "nobody calls me out on it" considering I'm constantly berated on here and on P&B for passing comment on things. 

Not to worry though, you and jhq can celebrate removing me from the two sites. 

Any figures I mention are ones that have been reported elsewhere, it's not something I've ever denied. I've no idea why you've decided its worth a massive rant, nor why you think "nobody calls me out on it" considering I'm constantly berated on here and on P&B for passing comment on things. 

Not to worry though, you and jhq can celebrate removing me from the two sites. 

I happen to believe you are correct in this instance though.

If you decide post on a public forum then you have to be prepared for your opinions and views to be challenged.  

If your opinions and views are challenged and you decide to stop posting on said forum,  then that is your call and you have every right to take that course of action. 

You don't have the right to blame others for your childishness though. Grow up.

Edited by jhq

Meekings and Ainsworth are great shouts, although ones had injury problems and the others very inconsistent. 

Schalk is out of our price range, sadly. 

Replacing Swanson with Thomson is a mental suggestion. The same folk last week bleating about not judging him after 580 minutes of poor football are now judging him on 25 minutes of good football. If he could maintain that level then fine, but I don't think even if he does that he'd be close to Swanson 

Naw, your right.

Swanson will be in Embra.

Yet TW is expecting more from his "class act"! Apologys but I'll take his judgement ahead of yours.Theres many players that have taken time to find consistency at a later stage than some,I'm willing to give wee Midge more time, and really hope he gets his chance 

Bizarre if true, I personally think he is punching above his weight playing for St Johnstone.

Bizarre if true, I personally think he is punching above his weight playing for St Johnstone.

Have to agree with you to an extent. Lacks quality sometimes and doesn't have enough good games. Weird how he can walk the Championship but can't get 10+ in the SPFL. Probably worth another punt out on loan or something. I wonder if St. Midden would be up for giving us Mallan on the free with Kano going the other way for an 18 month loan? Throw in a cheeky 20% sell on clause which could entice them to go for it.

One can only hope...

Can't believe you posted this. Doesn't help anyone even if true. Just opened up an opportunity for those who don't rate him to have a go. Thomson gets the same treatment.

For some reason some guys don't want to see young guys coming through .