Player contracts and transfers

David123

Can't believe you posted this. Doesn't help anyone even if true. Just opened up an opportunity for those who don't rate him to have a go. Thomson gets the same treatment.

For some reason some guys don't want to see young guys coming through . 

Arseholes are going to have a go at them regardless of whether or not I posted this. It might not even be true to hawd your horses till Tommy's next interview on Kano and we'll take it from there.

Arab at work saying we're in for Blair Spittal , same Arab saying "please take him "

I always used to think Spittal looked decent when they were in the SPL, but heard he's not been that great this season

Not sure he's a signing that would take us forward in any way, but at the same time wouldn't be bothered if we did sign him

Can you name me one player that TW has not given a chance to that you think would be in the first team now ?

Liam Gordon. Played in couple of games, not a foot wrong. Tommy prefers to play Scobbie when Ando gets injured. There may be reasons for this but he's probably the only youngster who can feel hard done by.

Liam Gordon. Played in couple of games, not a foot wrong. Tommy prefers to play Scobbie when Ando gets injured. There may be reasons for this but he's probably the only youngster who can feel hard done by.

Is he not on loan to Peterhead? 

Is he not on loan to Peterhead? 

Yeah and we didn't have the ability to recall him otherwise we would have. He's thrown big Comrie and Smith on at Hamilton without hesitation and Thompson seems to be getting time ahead of Coulson now. 

Yeah and we didn't have the ability to recall him otherwise we would have. He's thrown big Comrie and Smith on at Hamilton without hesitation and Thompson seems to be getting time ahead of Coulson now. 

Comrie looked good at Hamilton earlier in the season. Wouldn't describe him as "big" though. :wink:

I happen to believe you are correct in this instance though.

If you decide post on a public forum then you have to be prepared for your opinions and views to be challenged.  

If your opinions and views are challenged and you decide to stop posting on said forum,  then that is your call and you have every right to take that course of action. 

You don't have the right to blame others for your childishness though. Grow up.

You're right. I'd had a shite day and being dragged through a pedantic argument wasn't what was needed. There was no need to blame others for me wanting to stop posting and I apologise for dragging you into it. 

Either way, I no longer enjoy posting on the two sites, and feel like I maybe overshadow other posters by the sheer volume of posts I make, so I'll be stopping from now on. 

RandomGuy is a bit annoying and reactionary, but what a strange reaction to an innocuous post by the resident Perth hater there.

Anybody that thinks we will spend 200k plus wages on one player has lost it. Whether the word afford was the right one to use is debatable, but the jist of RG's point was fair. 

He's certainly posted much more controversial posts than the one that seems to have upset Widge.  I don't doubt his passion for Saints for a second.  His knowledge is debatable at times though.  He's inclined to pass off posts from the other site as fact.

As for whether he stops posting on here, I doubt it.  I couldn't care less about Pie and Bovril. 

Edited by jhq

You're right. I'd had a shite day and being dragged through a pedantic argument wasn't what was needed. There was no need to blame others for me wanting to stop posting and I apologise for dragging you into it. 

Either way, I no longer enjoy posting on the two sites, and feel like I maybe overshadow other posters by the sheer volume of posts I make, so I'll be stopping from now on. 

Apology accepted.  

He's certainly posted much more controversial posts thanked the one that seems to have upset Widge.  I don't doubt his passion for Saints for a second.  His knowledge is debatable at times though.  He's inclined to pass off posts from the other site as fact.

As for whether he stops posting on here, I doubt it.  I couldn't care less about Pie and Bovril. 

He's done that in the past but I'm not sure he deserves to hounded as much as he does. I can't imagine I would have been challenged as much if I'd said that Hearts would be looking for £400k for Nicholson (which I'm sure was mentioned in the press last week) or if I'd said Saints couldn't afford £200k on one player. I think sometimes posters play the man and not the ball.

He's done that in the past but I'm not sure he deserves to hounded as much as he does. I can't imagine I would have been challenged as much if I'd said that Hearts would be looking for £400k for Nicholson (which I'm sure was mentioned in the press last week) or if I'd said Saints couldn't afford £200k on one player. I think sometimes posters play the man and not the ball.

One poster had a go at him for that post. One. 

One poster had a go at him for that post. One. 

On this occasion, yes. There's plenty of examples where he's had a host of people - including me at times - on his back after he's made an innocuous point in a thread. 

If you want to post, post. If you don't want your valid points to be lost in amongst loads sh1t, don't pretend to know things you don't

I have no objection to Random posting whatever he likes. Whether they are facts, non-facts or speculation, they are better than a lot of stuff as they at least generate discussion

However, if you post speculation, or things that you claim to know or claim to be facts, you should also be prepared to be called out or challenged on it. As long as those responses are not over the top, then I don't get his problem

Instead of the ultimatum of 'I'm not posting anymore' why not just think a bit more before hitting submit (something we all could do) and take the kickback with a pinch of salt

Ultimately, if Random chooses not to post anymore, that's his decision, but feels like the proverbial cutting off his nose to spite his face 

If you want to post, post. If you don't want your valid points to be lost in amongst loads sh1t, don't pretend to know things you don't

I have no objection to Random posting whatever he likes. Whether they are facts, non-facts or speculation, they are better than a lot of stuff as they at least generate discussion

However, if you post speculation, or things that you claim to know or claim to be facts, you should also be prepared to be called out or challenged on it. As long as those responses are not over the top, then I don't get his problem

Instead of the ultimatum of 'I'm not posting anymore' why not just think a bit more before hitting submit (something we all could do) and take the kickback with a pinch of salt

Ultimately, if Random chooses not to post anymore, that's his decision, but feels like the proverbial cutting off his nose to spite his face 

Pretty much nail on head.

Are Saints thinking of signing Random Guy as a player?

If not can we please remove the debate of whether he will or not post to a more appropriate thread.

I for one keep on looking at this thread for information on players not posters to the forum.

Yes this post is off topic like a helluva lot on here.