Player contracts and transfers

David123

St Mirren wanted £200k for Mallan last Summer, while Barnsley had a £100k bit turned down six months ago, and he's seemingly been brilliant for them since January. 

We cant afford him. 

Seems Random's estimation was correct.

"St Mirren midfielder Stevie Mallan will sign for Barnsley subject to the result of a medical after the 21-year-old agreed a two-year contract and the Scottish Championship club accepted a £200,000 offer."

Seems Random's estimation was correct.

"St Mirren midfielder Stevie Mallan will sign for Barnsley subject to the result of a medical after the 21-year-old agreed a two-year contract and the Scottish Championship club accepted a £200,000 offer."

After they had sent their offer to the Fakes supporters group/fans forum.

Looking like Scougall is coming, fingers well and truly crossed. Looks a real good prospect. I would love to see Billy McKay instead of Brian Graham and the return of O,Halloran. Would make us an exciting prospect next year.

I would imagine Scougalls agent will keep it going over the summer in a hope that a bigger team will come in for him.

Tommy has never been the type to give time ultimatums & I don't think we have the pull to do that.

Tommy has a hard job to do this year trying to find someone to fill both macca and midges positions both I feel this will probably be there last season's at saints.both been brilliant I hope I am wrong really hard job to replace.i see David Templeton scored again last night two goals is 45 minutes of first team play I know he has had his injuries but game changer like Swanson this I feel could be the type of signing Tommy is after if you can keep him fit,

Edited by tucker

Tommy has a hard job to do this year trying to find someone to fill both macca and midges positions both I feel this will probably be there last season's at saints.both been brilliant I hope I am wrong really hard job to replace.i see David Templeton scored again last night two goals is 45 minutes of first team play I know he has had his injuries but game changer like Swanson this I feel could be the type of signing Tommy is after if you can keep him fit,

Definately fits the "lost his way" category that Tommy likes.

Tommy's comment on Tam and Alan to the Courier today:

“We are speaking to Alan Mannus again today and the chairman has a meeting with Tam Scobbie’s agent tomorrow. Hopefully we will have something more definite on those two later in the week.”

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/427682/st-johnstone-boss-tommy-wright-sensed-hearts-january-spending-spree-backfire/?sso-c=MC43NjE4MTUwMCAxNDk1MDI0MjIz

The Sheffield Star news paper has us liked with him and run the headline playing in Europe or something similar, according to my Sheffield mate the guy(Reporter) is usually pretty reliable for his information seemingly.

I am not holding my breath though unless we play a different tactic here than before, and offer what he wants, I would imagine he will get better offers than us , fingers crossed though.

Guest ScottMann

Scott MacDonald is leaving Motherwell - choosing not to trigger a one year extension clause in his contract

Would he be interested / within our grasp and would he fit into our team?

I would prefer we didn't go for a diving-excusing, Celtic PR pawn.

A good interview with Danny Swason on the Courier - https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/429318/danny-swanson-hibs-taken-away-st-johnstone/

" “I’ll be honest, I didn’t have the bottle to tell the gaffer at first. I was really nervous. We’d had a lot of chats about me staying but it never really materialised.

“In the end to be fair to St Johnstone they offered me a really good deal. Money-wise it was above and beyond what I expected."

Lets forget about Swanson. He was paid by us and played for us and decided like others in the past that the grass is greener at Easter Road.

Noted from his interview in Courier that Tommy will not be saving Swanson's career for a third time..so his option will be to team up with a certain Mr Vine at whatever backwater he is playing at.

Guest ScottMann

Interesting interview. I think he's a really good footballer and I've enjoyed seeing him in a Saints shirt, but he doesn't really come across as the most honest or reliable individual.

Agreed. Think that piece confirms the rumours from January onwards that he was stringing us along holding off for Hibs after all. They're not all a load of made up crap. Such is life. He'd did well and now he's gone. Next.

Scott MacDonald is leaving Motherwell - choosing not to trigger a one year extension clause in his contract

Would he be interested / within our grasp and would he fit into our team?

Nah. We want players who have something to prove.

McDonald is on the road to retirement.