Player contracts and transfers

David123

A good interview with Danny Swason on the Courier - https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/429318/danny-swanson-hibs-taken-away-st-johnstone/

" “I’ll be honest, I didn’t have the bottle to tell the gaffer at first. I was really nervous. We’d had a lot of chats about me staying but it never really materialised.

“In the end to be fair to St Johnstone they offered me a really good deal. Money-wise it was above and beyond what I expected."

Agreed. Think that piece confirms the rumours from January onwards that he was stringing us along holding off for Hibs after all. They're not all a load of made up crap. Such is life. He'd did well and now he's gone. Next.

And if you wait until Tuesday at 7pm, Tuesday Team Talk has the entire, surprisingly entertaining interview.

Guest ScottMann

And if you wait until Tuesday at 7pm, Tuesday Team Talk has the entire, surprisingly entertaining interview.

No disrespect to your excellent output but I'll pass. He may well be a personable guy if you meet him but I've heard enough of him and I can't actually take anything he says seriously now. Hopefully you'll soon be in a position to interview Scougall soon though!

Conor McLaren's twitter has him leaving Saints.

Bit of a pity as he has a good touch on the ball, however he has a breathing problem which makes it difficult for him to sustain his level of performance over a full game.

Good luck to him. Should have no problem finding a lower league club. 

Guest ScottMann

Scott Burns of Scottish daily express has us looking at Alex Samizadeh, striker from Bolton

The Bolton 'wonderkid' was all set for a £450,000 bid from Derby last January and now it could be Saints. Quite a year he's had.

Any truth in the rumour that we've offered Lionel Ainsworth a deal? Heard this last night from a part time Saint, hoping someone ITK can quash or confirm?

We were after him the season we got John Sutton in 2015, although that didn't materialise as Motherwell offered him a better deal. Baring in mind Motherwell had done well that season also, whereas they're pish now.

Would like to see him in a Saints shirt next season - Tommy would get the best from him in my opinion.

Not sure what level the English development league is but from a quick read through their match reports I believe his rough stats are 15 goals in 24, including a few late sub appearances so pretty decent. Only 18 worth a shot I would say