Player contracts and transfers

David123

In this time where penalties are determined by 'contact' rather than 'intent', almost every player has been guilty of at least exaggerating an incident or anticipating contact and looking a bit daft by going down.  I accept that Murray's reactions were a little OTT, but nothing that several Saints players haven't been guilty of this season.

For supporters it's part of the game that is not attractive or entertaining at all, but there is so much at stake on the pitch it's inevitable.    

I would not say I do or do not want a player at Saints because of it, because if that were the criteria we'd have a keeper and maybe a couple of defenders in our squad.

Edited by montrosesaintee

Remember folks both Brian Graham and Stevie May had a habit of a bit of simulation.  Lets not be too judgemental of others.

Yes, and what about Swanson a couple of weeks ago against partick. Looked clear at the time but I'm sure we've all seen it from behind the goal by now

Remember folks both Brian Graham and Stevie May had a habit of a bit of simulation.  Lets not be too judgemental of others.

And what is Brian Graham bringing to the party.. like there was other redeeming features?

Cant believe Im hearing him in the same breath as Stevie May and Danny Swanson

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

I'm really keen to see us get Scougall. He's obviously still keen to make something of himself in England but he also talks about his need to play and you can't help but feel Saints would be a great fit with him. He's not going to be going in somewhere with a manager having to work out a role for him, there is one waiting for him at McDiarmid with Swanson's departure. These guys that TW builds things around get their big moves. If his motivation really is to play and get back on track, I'm not sure there will be many better options than Saints.

I'm really keen to see us get Scougall. He's obviously still keen to make something of himself in England but he also talks about his need to play and you can't help but feel Saints would be a great fit with him.

Looking less likely it will be us now after reading this article..

Make him an offer if Tommy wants him and set a signing deadline and if this is not met tell him to go elsewhere. No second chances.

Would be great if it worked this way but unfortunately the players in these situations hold the cards.  We just don't have the pulling power that bigger clubs have to dictate.  Look at Dow last year, he probably saw us as an insurance policy.  He piss&d us about something rotten and probably still ended up on a higher wage than we could have offered at County

Make him an offer if Tommy wants him and set a signing deadline and if this is not met tell him to go elsewhere. No second chances.

Agree. We fanny about with these guys & allow them to use us as a bargaining chip.

He has been in our thoughts for a few weeks now ,knows we are interested so either he signs or we move on.

Mind you ,would like him to sign even though he doesn't like playing wide.

Find Stefan Scougal's girlfriend a job and we are almost there. Surely some of our board of directors or sponsors could find something for her to do.

And a house and help him to move his "stuff".  I hope he is better at football than he seems to be at organising his personal life.  Still, perfectly happy to help the lad settle in if Tommy thinks he is a prospect.