Player contracts and transfers

David123

Guest ScottMann

Fair do's.  He seems to drop little titbits and not follow them up though.  Haven't seen him say much on here though.

He's done it once before this occasion from I can remember and he explained it when the time was right. Rik is right in what he posted above.

I don't get the animosity to the guy. Over last season he posted good info that was virtually always spot on and didn't do it in a 'look at me' way, just someone sharing stuff that fans would appreciate. Given the lack of official communication from Saints it was good to read. However some people seem to resent this and just want to shoot the guy down. 

Looks like they've got their way as he backtracked on the signing hints and saying he won't be posting info any more, supposedly because of the flack he gets. That seems a weak excuse of it's genuine.

Still, we've got Random Guy to break all the stories. :?

Agree with the above. He's said before that his link isn't someone in the club, but a journalist. If you look at what he posts and then where the stories then generally appear, it's quite easy to work out who it may be. He's stopped posting what he's told now as well because of the crap he gets for it, which is a shame as he's about the only decent source for info out there just now - and I include the official club sources in that as well.

I'd imagine most players at other clubs will be back from holidays now. Does that mean we should be expecting some movement on signings in the next couple of days?

I'd expect the budget will be up a bit on last season and Tommy will be able to use the freed up wages from Swanson and Tam to bring in 2-3 decent players.

I'd imagine most players at other clubs will be back from holidays now. Does that mean we should be expecting some movement on signings in the next couple of days?

I'd expect the budget will be up a bit on last season and Tommy will be able to use the freed up wages from Swanson and Tam to bring in 2-3 decent players.

Also, you've got Coulson and Watson potentially leaving on a free if they choose to go.

With all our released players wages being freed up, as well as the purse injected in a bit, there's no excuse why we shouldn't be bringing in at least 2 players better than who went out, as well as 1 or 2 younger fringe players.

Also, you've got Coulson and Watson potentially leaving on a free if they choose to go...

I can see Coulson finding a club down south but I have a hunch that Saints might do a u-turn on Keith Watson. Given his well-known injury problems and relatively high wage expectations, compared amount of football he has actually played, there won't be too many clubs willing to take him on.

If he proves his fitness to Tommy and Callum short term, then I think he might just be given a squad number.