Player contracts and transfers

David123

With the limited summer break, our most creative player moving to a league rival and the likes of MacLean not getting any younger I really think it's vital we add some quality the squad this summer. A poor window will see us fall out the top six.

Getting tetchy. Motherwell and Dundee have both strengthened quite a lot already, Allan is one of the best playmaker in the country, while Motherwell have made signings they've needed for a while. Coulibaly is back in the country desperate to rejoin Kilmarnock too. 

Ross County strengthened their backing and still have potential Boyce money to spend. Hibs about to have ~£1m to spend, Hearts have similar due to fees received, and turning down offers of £600k for Walker, and Aberdeen about to recoup £2m to go out and spend. Partick receiving offers of around £800k which will be reinvested in their squad due to being debt free. 

Could easily chance with a new signing, but it feels like we're standing still in the (wrong) belief that this current squad is good enough to make the top half. We need depth and quality, especially going forward. 

Not too concerned yet. Allan is an interesting one, very good at Hibs, but was that not in the first division? Didn't get a real chance at Celtic and must have been pretty poor on loan last season.

Motherwell and Dundee both need to improve the quality of their squad just to get close to our level. Reckon they both have someway to go still.

Aberdeen will have a fair bit of re-building to do and Hearts have Cathro.

Our biggest concern might be the uncertainty with Wright. A few players might hold off on signing for us until they know where he is going, if indeed he goes anywhere at all.

Guest ScottMann

One of Dundee's signings couldn't get a game for one of the worst teams ever seen in the English 2nd Division and the other comes from a division below the one we signed Coulson from. 

I really hope Callum manages to put together a decent enough squad to see us push for promotion next season.

I can see Coulson finding a club down south but I have a hunch that Saints might do a u-turn on Keith Watson. Given his well-known injury problems and relatively high wage expectations, compared amount of football he has actually played, there won't be too many clubs willing to take him on.

If he proves his fitness to Tommy and Callum short term, then I think he might just be given a squad number. 

Tommy revealed in his interview this morning that Michael Coulson hasn't reported to the squad as planned, and confirmed that he'll leave the club soon.

As for Keith, he said that he's on the transfer list, but has hinted he's willing to hang on to him after his comment about building his fitness up a bit. Keith's position at the club will no doubt depend on us getting in an "experienced" defender in to replace him.

Edited by Wee Mental Davie

Lots of knickers drying on the line today then. Hope none of you stay in Raeburn park.

2 weeks until our first competitive match and 4 days until the European Registration deadline. I think it's understandable that people are a little bit concerned, particularly when we have 3 fit senior defenders.