Player contracts and transfers

David123

The last two major announcements suggest otherwise with the McClean signing announced on a Monday and the new strips on a Thursday.

The PA have even got UEFA in their pocket with the draw being held on a Monday instead of a Friday too. :wink:

Fair enough. If he signs, as long as they register him for the Europa League before Monday I'm not bothered!

Really don't see why anyone's bothered about Scott Allan signing for Dundee. He's done very little at Saints' level.

Every year there are a few posters on here who complain that Dundee are making better signings than us, and every year we finish above them in the league.

We have a magnicent manager. Sky is the limit if we added a little better quality to a magnificent manager. Our top 4 successes are not down to just players.

Really don't see why anyone's bothered about Scott Allan signing for Dundee. He's done very little at Saints' level.

Every year there are a few posters on here who complain that Dundee are making better signings than us, and every year we finish above them in the league.

I can understand the Allan groans to a degree. Absolutely no idea why there's such a meltdown on certain places about missing out on Spittal though, a right winger who struggled to get games for United this season, and the majority of their fans have spent the last two seasons actively hoping he leaves. 

From Facebook as not on official site yet

SCOUGALL SIGNS FOR SAINTS!

Saints are delighted to announce the signing of attacking midfielder Stefan Scougall on a two year deal.

The 24 year old Edinburgh-born player returned from a holiday in Dubai last night and met up with his new team mates in the final day of the pre-season camp in Largs this morning when the paperwork was completed on the deal.

Stefan made his name with Livingston between 2010 and 2014 before a transfer to Sheffield United for an undisclosed sum in January 2014 but with several changes of manager and limited game time he didn’t get the chance to make the impact he had hoped and was keen to return to Scotland once the Yorkshire club had indicated that he was free to go.

Speaking of the move, the new recruit told the Saints Official Website: “My dad and I were invited to the Saints game against Hearts towards the end of last season and I spoke extensively with the manager that night and he was so positive about the club and his reasons for wanting me here that I was more than happy to sign.

“I need to play football  and once I knew that Tommy wanted me, it was just a case of trying to get the deal done.  These things take time but I’m delighted to have got it done this morning.  The lads have been in for a week so I’ve missed that but I now just want to start today, meet everyone and get training.  We’ll see what happens from there.”

Reflecting on his time at Bramall lane, Stefan says “I’ve mixed emotions.  I played under three different managers in my time there and that’s given me different experiences and I’ve come back to Scotland having grown as a person and a player.”

Tommy Wright is delighted to have brought Stefan to the club.

“It’s no secret that Stefan was a target for me.  He’s a player I’ve known for a long time and I watched him extensively when he was at Livingston and followed him when he went south.  He fits the bill perfectly and has a lot of great qualities, bringing us that little bit extra in the final third.

“He has a real desire to play for this club and has nothing to prove to me or others but just wants to play and make a difference.”

Edited by sjfc99
Edit

What a ****ing signing this is by the way. Seen him play for Livingston against us ages ago and he was the standout player on the park. 

A proper signing, full of intent, and he should help fill the creative gap Swanson has left. 

Would say it's been years since he's played in Scottish football, so he'll need time to adjust. 

Guest ScottMann

I don't think the club are bothered about announcing signings in sync with the PA anymore. Social Media has the priority now.

See...told you. :blink: It's great to be wrong sometimes!

Delighted we got the guy that was always the number one target and apparently had a choice of clubs. That doesn't happen too often. I really thought he'd be Doncaster bound.

It's a bit of a relief too as he might help us in our relegation fight...

Welcome SS. Great signing. There are a few players you hear mentioned & think that would be good but when you hear they have gone elsewhere ,you ain't hovered.That would not have been the case in this instance.

Read a while back he doesn't like playing wide so still need a replacement for Swanson.

I think he is a replacement for Midge.

Welcome SS. Great signing. There are a few players you hear mentioned & think that would be good but when you hear they have gone elsewhere ,you ain't hovered.That would not have been the case in this instance.

Read a while back he doesn't like playing wide so still need a replacement for Swanson.

I think he is a replacement for Midge.

Na Scougall is attack minded and can pass the ball forwards :wink:

Scougall is a great signing for us, delighted!  Well done to Tommy and the club forgetting this done despite competition from elsewhere.

I think Scott Allan will be a very good signing for Dundee, fully expect there to be at least one derby this season where he runs the show. Didn't see him as a Saints player though, don't think he has the work ethic and he will likely blow hot and cold.

If we were to had O'Halloran to the Scougall signing, along with a decent striker, then European glory awaits....

Scougall is a great signing for us, delighted!  Well done to Tommy and the club forgetting this done despite competition from elsewhere.

I think Scott Allan will be a very good signing for Dundee, fully expect there to be at least one derby this season where he runs the show. Didn't see him as a Saints player though, don't think he has the work ethic and he will likely blow hot and cold.

If we were to had O'Halloran to the Scougall signing, along with a decent striker, then European glory awaits....

Aye but which O'Halloran - the one that put in performances or the one that could nae be arsed.