Player contracts and transfers

David123

but it has worked ask his bank manager

So what's your problem with him! He got offered a job on significantly more money than he was making in Perth and was probably promised the earth. Is it any wonder that it affected his form? 

If he comes back and plays, he'll get my support. He's what we're crying out for. 

I suspect he'll more likely end up in Edinburgh. 

We could do with signing a player like MOH and he'd be a good addition to the team.

To say he didn't down tools before his move would be wrong, but maybe if he came back, he'd feel the need to make up for that and give a bit more.

I think he'll end up elsewhere though. We can't afford his wages, which will frustrate Tommy massively, but our club is built on being tight.

We could do with signing a player like MOH and he'd be a good addition to the team.

To say he didn't down tools before his move would be wrong, but maybe if he came back, he'd feel the need to make up for that and give a bit more.

I think he'll end up elsewhere though. We can't afford his wages, which will frustrate Tommy massively, but our club is built on being tight.

Who the hell would pay MOH's wages given how he's been for Rangers -  apart from them Lotto winners who are bankrolling Partick Thistle?

Worth noting the "Lotto Winners" don't actually invest money into Partick as such, they put money into the Youth setup (the Weir Academy is Thistles youth setup, named after them). They haven't put a dime into the first team wage bill, and apparently won't be as their goal is for Partick to be self sufficient.

Worth noting the "Lotto Winners" don't actually invest money into Partick as such, they put money into the Youth setup (the Weir Academy is Thistles youth setup, named after them). They haven't put a dime into the first team wage bill, and apparently won't be as their goal is for Partick to be self sufficient.

So where is the money going that the club themselves used to have to invest in youth development etc... into the first team budget?

MOH is a serial underperformer IMO. One great spell for us during which he destroyed Sevco with some devastating running. Most times though the end product was lacking, e.g. a duff cross or a shot off target.

He's better than some we have at the club but I'd like to think we could do better.

not the case Random:

2Partick Thistle have today revealed that lottery winners Colin and Christine Weir are among three new shareholders in the Maryhill club whose investment enabled the Jags to secure a deal with Bank of Scotland to become debt free last month. Thistle Board Director Billy Allan joins the Weirs, who became the UK's biggest-ever jackpot winners when they scooped £161million in 2011, as shareholders for the first time.

The Weir’s investment means that each will hold 5% in the club and they have gifted a further 19.28% of shares to the newly established Partick Thistle Football Club Trust." from the Heral 7/12/15

They have also recently announced the funding of the new training complex which will be used by the first team and the academy.

MOH is a serial underperformer IMO. One great spell for us during which he destroyed Sevco with some devastating running. Most times though the end product was lacking, e.g. a duff cross or a shot off target.

He's better than some we have at the club but I'd like to think we could do better.

Would be interesting who we could get with our budget & wages that would be better. Let Tommy know.

Why is there this misconception that MOH had one wee purple patch for us?  He was a major player in the Scottish Cup win (2014) and all the way through the following season (2014/15).  He then started 2015/16 in superb form before his move to Sevco .

So where is the money going that the club themselves used to have to invest in youth development etc... into the first team budget?

Nope, they've still got the same first team budget (it'll probably increase due to top six last season). They are trying to be self sufficient, no funding will be made to the first team squad. 

not the case Random:

2Partick Thistle have today revealed that lottery winners Colin and Christine Weir are among three new shareholders in the Maryhill club whose investment enabled the Jags to secure a deal with Bank of Scotland to become debt free last month. Thistle Board Director Billy Allan joins the Weirs, who became the UK's biggest-ever jackpot winners when they scooped £161million in 2011, as shareholders for the first time.

The Weir’s investment means that each will hold 5% in the club and they have gifted a further 19.28% of shares to the newly established Partick Thistle Football Club Trust." from the Heral 7/12/15

They have also recently announced the funding of the new training complex which will be used by the first team and the academy.

Yup, they built the " Weir Academy", and they won't be putting money into the first team, that article doesn't disagree with that point. 

Nope, they've still got the same first team budget (it'll probably increase due to top six last season). They are trying to be self sufficient, no funding will be made to the first team squad. 

Yup, they built the " Weir Academy", and they won't be putting money into the first team, that article doesn't disagree with that point. 

I think there are 2 points, In the first comment there is a valid point in that the money they previously invested in youth must be going somewhere.

Secondly the investment in the club was separate form the investment in the youth academy. They bought shares in the club which allowed them to clear the bank debt. The investment in the youth academy was 6 months later and was in the region of £500k.

I think there are 2 points, In the first comment there is a valid point in that the money they previously invested in youth must be going somewhere.

Secondly the investment in the club was separate form the investment in the youth academy. They bought shares in the club which allowed them to clear the bank debt. The investment in the youth academy was 6 months later and was in the region of £500k.

Yes. As I said though, they aren't putting money into the first team. 

Why is there this misconception that MOH had one wee purple patch for us?  He was a major player in the Scottish Cup win (2014) and all the way through the following season (2014/15).  He then started 2015/16 in superb form before his move to Sevco .

Indeed. He was good for the bulk of his time with us and exceptional for a 3 month spell at the start of his last season with us, before hitting a wall and ultimately looking disinterested for the last couple of months he was with us. I think the exceptional spell - where he was unplayable on the right wing - has clouded memories of how effective he was prior to that. Not all the time, but he aws still learning the game when he first joined us. I remember his debut against Partick Thistle at Firhill. He looked dire.

Indeed. He was good for the bulk of his time with us and exceptional for a 3 month spell at the start of his last season with us, before hitting a wall and ultimately looking disinterested for the last couple of months he was with us. I think the exceptional spell - where he was unplayable on the right wing - has clouded memories of how effective he was prior to that. Not all the time, but he aws still learning the game when he first joined us. I remember his debut against Partick Thistle at Firhill. He looked dire.

I thought his debut was against Aberdeen in the 4-0 semi defeat at Tynecastle.  He came on when the game was over and I remember thinking we had signed a good one.  Scored at Forfar the following week.

I thought his debut was against Aberdeen in the 4-0 semi defeat at Tynecastle.  He came on when the game was over and I remember thinking we had signed a good one.  Scored at Forfar the following week.

He played away at Partick Thistle a few days before the semi final. Came off the bench and looked absolutely humpty. First touch was rotten and he looked completely lost. We won the game though, so all wasn't lost!

His debut was the cup defeat at Tynecastle as JHQ says, 2nd of January. He played 19 games in that half season, scoring two goals, looked very raw. 

Next season he scored ten goals, with five assists, then in his final season he got eight goals and twelve assists. 

One of his best performances was at Ibrox against Aberdeen in the Semi. He also had a stormer against Alashkert at McDiarmid, almost dragging us through single handedly. His performance at Ibrox v Rangers shouldn't be forgotten either. 

His debut was the cup defeat at Tynecastle as JHQ says, 2nd of January. He played 19 games in that half season, scoring two goals, looked very raw. 

Next season he scored ten goals, with five assists, then in his final season he got eight goals and twelve assists. 

One of his best performances was at Ibrox against Aberdeen in the Semi. He also had a stormer against Alashkert at McDiarmid, almost dragging us through single handedly. His performance at Ibrox v Rangers shouldn't be forgotten either. 

He came off the bench against Partick Thistle on the 21rd of January. We played Aberdeen at Tynecastle on the 31st.

I remember it well because he looked awful.

He came off the bench against Partick Thistle on the 21rd of January. We played Aberdeen at Tynecastle on the 31st.

I remember it well because he looked awful.

Transfermarkt has it as 2/1/14,  must be the Americanised date system they use. 

In other words you're right. Is that the game where May celebrated in front of the Partick stand after Spoony went on a mazy? 

Edited by RandomGuy

Transfermarkt has it as 2/1/14,  must be the Americanised date system they use. 

In other words you're right. Is that the game where May celebrated in front of the Partick stand after Spoony went on a mazy? 

The very same game. The game after the absolutely mental game against Hearts, where Davidson got his horrible injury if memory serves me right.

The very same game. The game after the absolutely mental game against Hearts, where Davidson got his horrible injury if memory serves me right.

The 3-3? SPFL Facebook had highlights of that match up this week, an absolutely mental game, but one of the most enjoyable I can remember. 

The 3-3? SPFL Facebook had highlights of that match up this week, an absolutely mental game, but one of the most enjoyable I can remember. 

I'm not as good at remembering aspects of games as some on here.  But that's one I can recall in all it's outrageous glory.  The ref lost the plot early on then proceeded to get virtually every decision wrong.  Came away breathless.  Oh for a few more like that!

I'm not as good at remembering aspects of games as some on here.  But that's one I can recall in all it's outrageous glory.  The ref lost the plot early on then proceeded to get virtually every decision wrong.  Came away breathless.  Oh for a few more like that!

Yeah, Ando got sent off for absolutely no reason, then we got handed a penalty for absolutely no reason, and it just get funnier and funnier. Full on scrap in the goals after Hearts got their second too. I'll post up the highlights if I can figure out how.