Player contracts and transfers

David123

Ciftci. Back at the Paedodrome after failing to impress on loan. I think he's got an injury but we could get him on loan I'm sure....

Latest rumour, from Celtic fans, is that he's been told he's free to leave Celtic if he can find a club. Motherwell the front runners, but nobody seems sure how realistic that is. 

His reported wages at Celtic wasn't far off £10kpw.

That's Aberdeen got Mackay Steven. We seriously need to up our game if we want to gun for top 4 again, as we've no chance with the current squad we've got. It's either 15+ goals a season striker & another creative midfielder, or 6th place from now on - makes me rage at the Trakai games even more now that we face the biggest uphill battle for Europe again next season and threw away what looks to be (I know we say it every year) our last Euro adventure for a while.

That's Aberdeen got Mackay Steven. We seriously need to up our game if we want to gun for top 4 again, as we've no chance with the current squad we've got. It's either 15+ goals a season striker & another creative midfielder, or 6th place from now on - makes me rage at the Trakai games even more now that we face the biggest uphill battle for Europe again next season and threw away what looks to be (I know we say it every year) our last Euro adventure for a while.

Would take 6th from now on mind you.

Most times though the end product was lacking, e.g. a duff cross or a shot off target.

Bollocks...  The first half of the season before MOH moved, he created so many chances, with a few being goals. He chipped in goals.  We've never replaced that output.  Too many fans taint their memories I think cos he joined Rangers.

He achieved more in the half season than some players do in 2 seasons from similar positions.  And MoH wasn't on pens like Swanson. In fact Swanson assist record was dismal.

MOH form dipped as we were playing on a tattie field at home and away once the wet winter arrived.  Very true to Swanson who was just as pish from November till March last season!

Aberdeen forwards consist of:

Rooney, stockley, Maynard, GMS, McLean, Christie, Stewart, Wright, Storey.

They'll score goals... I'm struggling to see who will score double figures for us this season... You don't score, you don't win. Alternatively we need to tighten up at the back... Could be a season of scoring and conceding few...  

MOH - 91 games, 17 goals, 17 assists

Swanson - 64 games, 18 goals, 11 assists

What was Swanson record last season? Compare that v MOH half season.  The comparison of total games is not that great given both players hadn't found their best form.  Danny clearly head and shoulders better last season than any other time with us.  MOH clearly better half season than rest of his career. 

It's clear both were much improved players when they left and in much better form

You also need to take into account that when MOH first arrived, he was effectively making his full time start in football. He didn't have a decade of competitive game time behind him.

He was very raw and made a lot of inexperienced decisions after beating a man. Shooting when he should have passed etc. 

Aberdeen, like Celtic, aren't a team we're competing with. It's Hearts, Hibs, Rangers, Partick and maybe even Dundee/Kilmarnock/County who'll we should be comparing our transfer business with. 

These are the clubs we are competing with for signings, there is no way we are able to compete/compare with Hearts, Hibs or The Rangers 

Edited by SaintDougie

Getting MOH back on the form he showed before going to Rangers would be a real coup. I think it highly unlikely as he wouldn't take the pay cut. Who would ? It may be he just sits out the rest of his contract picking up his thousands per week. We can only dream of getting anyone from the Old Firm, Aberdeen etc. Our best bet is another raw young MOH type who has lost the way. 

Guest ScottMann

Aberdeen forwards consist of:

Rooney, stockley, Maynard, GMS, McLean, Christie, Stewart, Wright, Storey.

And of course Stevie May's still to join them as, don't forget, it's happening and, as instructed, I've got used to it. 

There's a good chance Thistle can get MOH.

The lottery winners are putting a bit of money into Thistle and would probably pay his wages.

Surely we can get a young striker in from some club down south that needs game time.

If we don't bring somebody in it's going to be a slog as everybody else has threnghened quite a bit.