Player contracts and transfers

David123

Guest ScottMann

Here, it's not my fault there was a managerial merry go round. 

Nope, but it's a classic example of why people shouldn't go around shooting their gobs off before something actually happens in the football world. There is one heck of a lot of self biting on the internet. 

It is disappointing that 2 weeks have passed since our first competitive game, which highlighted to everyone the desperate need for a striker, and there has not been so much as a rumour of us having inquired for or gone after anyone in that department.

Granted, this may be going on behind the scenes, but normally these things have a habit of sneaking out.

Either the staff at McDiarmid are the world best at keeping secrets, or there is just not much happening :cry:

It is disappointing that 2 weeks have passed since our first competitive game, which highlighted to everyone the desperate need for a striker, and there has not been so much as a rumour of us having inquired for or gone after anyone in that department.

Granted, this may be going on behind the scenes, but normally these things have a habit of sneaking out.

Either the staff at McDiarmid are the world best at keeping secrets, or there is just not much happening :cry:

I suspect we're just a well run club that has learned lessons when it comes to announcing targets and then being outbid prior to them signing. I take the silence as a good sign. 

I suspect we're just a well run club that has learned lessons when it comes to announcing targets and then being outbid prior to them signing. I take the silence as a good sign. 

^^^ like what happened a couple of weeks ago with MOH.

Better keeping things in house than telling all and sundry.

I highly doubt that. Supposedly got a trialist in today and it is all over the Web.  Any time we have had someone in the past on trail it has been known about, even Dayton this season.

I highly doubt that. Supposedly got a trialist in today and it is all over the Web.  Any time we have had someone in the past on trail it has been known about, even Dayton this season.

His agency tweeted a good luck message to him. Not much Saints can do about that.

Plus no hiding him when he scores 2 and sets up 3 in a 5-0 win v Sunderland.

Why do you highly doubt that? Not all deals involve a trial, do they?

I think some people are being, quite frankly, laughably naive if they think that our frenchy friend is the only potential signing on the club's radar, and that because there have been no other public rumours that there is no recruitment work going on in the background.

Why do you highly doubt that? Not all deals involve a trial, do they?

I think some people are being, quite frankly, laughably naive if they think that our frenchy friend is the only potential signing on the club's radar, and that because there have been no other public rumours that there is no recruitment work going on in the background.

^^this. 

If we were working away trying to sign MOH or any other relatively high profile player, I'm sure we won't be shouting it from the rooftops. 

Taking untested guys on trial is very different due to social media and people spotting them at training. 

^^this. 

If we were working away trying to sign MOH or any other relatively high profile player, I'm sure we won't be shouting it from the rooftops. 

Taking untested guys on trial is very different due to social media and people spotting them at training. 

We have already had statements in the press saying we are wanting to bring MOH back!!! Does that count as the rooftop? - https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/456852/tommy-wright-interested-bringing-michael-ohalloran-back-st-johnstone/

Here is Tommy in the press talking about the new trialist - https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/468288/st-johnstone-take-psg-forward-trial/